Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
You got a week, I will be surprised if it stays up here. If it does and you want to keep the shares, wait until expiry day, usually in the afternoon. At that point 99% of the time value has eroded and you can roll out and up using the time value of the new option as profit. It takes some playing around with the various strikes but I did it with DAL for 5 or 6 weeks when it went sideways on me with a spike upwards.

I acquired the 100 shares on Jan 17th for 516 so I really should not complain, it will be a smooth 9k profit if they do get called away. But i'm trying to be a good boy and have a more "responsible" portfolio and I want NIVIDA to be a part of that. I too have a hard time believing it will stay above 600 without at least some sort of pull back in the short term, so if they DO get called away next week i'll watch like a hawk for a quick re-entry point sub-600. We'll see.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Kirun Kirun did you ever get your tix?

1613062664186.png

• 3Tendies
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
🧻:emoji_open_hands: just best way to do it

Just stick the TP above the hands or something and put it on a background, and theres the medal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
We also need the good paper hands with dollars for getting out smartly and locking in profits.

• 2Tendies
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not saying there isn't money to be made riding the wave of stupidity. I've tossed my money at some of these memestonks. But your mentality needs to be to get in early, get out while its hot, and not become one of the bagholders when he hedgefunds all pop out and start taking profits. Long dated calls is the exact opposite of that sort of mentality, and will backfire.
Translation: Hit it, quit it and dip.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I acquired the 100 shares on Jan 17th for 516 so I really should not complain, it will be a smooth 9k profit if they do get called away. But i'm trying to be a good boy and have a more "responsible" portfolio and I want NIVIDA to be a part of that. I too have a hard time believing it will stay above 600 without at least some sort of pull back in the short term, so if they DO get called away next week i'll watch like a hawk for a quick re-entry point sub-600. We'll see.
Remember, you decide if they get assigned because you have options available to you. Circle back with the day before expiry and we will look at the option chain to see the difference things you can do.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not saying there isn't money to be made riding the wave of stupidity. I've tossed my money at some of these memestonks. But your mentality needs to be to get in early, get out while its hot, and not become one of the bagholders when he hedgefunds all pop out and start taking profits. Long dated calls is the exact opposite of that sort of mentality, and will backfire.
The problem is knowing when "early" actually is.

You don't actually know if you're getting in early until after it's over.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Yeah, I know.

There will be winners, someone might look into it and want to pick that horse.

Or with enough volatility, it could be green.

Just thought it was odd enough to be worth mentioning

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I should have just stayed in bed. My watch list today. The only green one is a crypto I am unable to buy with the brokers I use. Losing my ass on $AZRX. Looking for a bottom to heavily average down, so I only need a small pop to GTFO. I'm not in the rest.

B0631EDE-E7C1-4808-B82A-98941330E8CD.png

• 1Diamond Hands

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got a question for you about PLTR. I've been slowly buying a few shares here and there, and managing to stay in the green. How I could it eventually run?
No idea. I might have a better idea after earnings next week. If it can start carving out a chunk of the business market this thing could explode.

• 1Like