Investing General Discussion

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
GME is at $237 as I type this. I realize to most of you it's noob meme shit, but this whole thing really got me more active in trading, and it's been fascinating to watch.

In other news, Roblox IPO in the AM - cya there!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
GME is at $237 as I type this. I realize to most of you it's noob meme shit, but this whole thing really got me more active in trading, and it's been fascinating to watch.

In other news, Roblox IPO in the AM - cya there!

I think the meme stocks got a lot of people here into trading more. I mean, if you can take advantage of it then it's not noob meme shit at all... if you are a bag holder at the end of the day, then maybe that's a different story.

I think I've made a modest 5k or so by now on GME. I'm afraid to hold the stock longer than a day.

Before the meme stocks I was just holding boomer stocks long, the meme stocks got me into being a more active trader.. for good or bad 😆

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1615322981384.png

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
A must read.

Glad to see they didn't learn from 2009 and continue to repackage and resell shitty loans thinking they can just keep kicking the can down the road forever. They should teach in finance school that eventually Ponzi schemes do go bust, it's the defining feature of a Ponzi scheme after all.

Edit: Can't completely blame them, they know they can keep getting away with it, pay a small fine, and put everything on the most junior underwriter they just hired a couple months ago.

• 1Solidarity

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Before the meme stocks I was just holding boomer stocks long, the meme stocks got me into being a more active trader.. for good or bad 😆

This is where I am. I have my main boring retirement account that I'm essentially not active at all with (at least not yet, still too much to learn, and honestly who knows if I'll ever have the balls to play with any of it), but I have a little fun account that I'm now actively playing with. Win some, lose some - learn as you go (and read, and read, and read...). Overall I'm up, so I can't complain.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I think the meme stocks got a lot of people here into trading more. I mean, if you can take advantage of it then it's not noob meme shit at all... if you are a bag holder at the end of the day, then maybe that's a different story.

I think I've made a modest 5k or so by now on GME. I'm afraid to hold the stock longer than a day.

Not in it, but always kind of seemed like musican chairs. Don't want to be the one without a chair when the music stops.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
That's the government though so it's okay, they cheat and scam the legal way.
There is a huge section of the population that's lucky that the government takes some tax percentage in a forced retirement system. I'm sure most of the members in this particular forum would be ok if they could manage all of their FICA taxes themselves, but there is a huge section of the population that would be absolutely fucked and the welfare system would be even worse (if that's even possible).

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is a huge section of the population that's lucky that the government takes some tax percentage in a forced retirement system. I'm sure most of the members in this particular forum would be ok if they could manage all of their FICA taxes themselves, but there is a huge section of the population that would be absolutely fucked and the welfare system would be even worse (if that's even possible).

There are also no classes in school that go over the importance of 401k's, Ira's, savings plans, etc. Though I guess there's an incentive to have a section of the population that are dumb consumers constantly keeping the money flowing back to the corporations while feeding off of debt that goes to the banks

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There are also no classes in school that go over the importance of 401k's, Ira's, savings plans, etc. Though I guess there's an incentive to have a section of the population that are dumb consumers constantly keeping the money flowing back to the corporations while feeding off of debt that goes to the banks

weird how government ran education doesn't willingly teach it's citizens how to legally pay less tax money to government

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Remember back when Trump and Congress declared you could do your taxes on a postcard. That was just another way to fuck the poor and financially uneducated. Just take your "generous" standard deduction and get a BIG refund... of money you already loaned to us at zero interest.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People buying the $1500 strike calls for TSLA that expire in 3 days. Why can't these dumb fucks just give me the money instead throwing it away. SMH.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
People buying the $1500 strike calls for TSLA that expire in 3 days. Why can't these dumb fucks just give me the money instead throwing it away. SMH.

Let's be real, Tesla going to 1500 by Friday wouldn't be the strangest shit we have seen in the market this year.

Hell, it wouldn't even be the strangest shit THIS WEEK. Lol

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Let's be real, Tesla going to 1500 by Friday wouldn't be the strangest shit we have seen in the market this year.

Hell, it wouldn't even be the strangest shit THIS WEEK. Lol
It’s like 1$, I’ve seen stupider plans