Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Last year these were easy money. I bought a bunch when I was thinking there would be election turmoil and they doubled immediately. Unfortunately, all this stuff China's been doing has sunk them this year, and no end in sight. They've managed to make investors not care about fundamentals, even BABA is shit now.
Sometime this week they will wheel out Jack Ma for a photo op and he will wave and BABA stock will recover.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Who knew there was an infinite gains perk?

1627323429781.png

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Small update to my construction investment. All condominiums in Staten Island have gone up by about 50k over the last month. Unnnnggghhhh. Lets hope this trend holds for 3 years :emoji_laughing:

• 3Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Well Tesla is finally making a profit on the cars and not just selling the tax credits. I’m in for the moon.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Totally unscientific gut feeling:

After the big boys report today and the euphoria wears off, we are about to revert to the mean.

or I could be totally wrong.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Totally unscientific gut feeling:

After the big boys report today and the euphoria wears off, we are about to revert to the mean.

or I could be totally wrong.
I told my wife though, the higher this runs up, the less a correction hurts.

10% from yesterday's close versus 10% from say, March, are vastly different.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I told my wife though, the higher this runs up, the less a correction hurts.

10% from yesterday's close versus 10% from say, March, are vastly different.
Exactly. its one reason why market timing is generally bad. Corrections are healthy because you have a preview of where the market could go back to. If you missed an entry the first time around its like a mulligan to jump in the second time.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
An easy day to be short...$1,500 in simulated trades in 45 minutes. I shorted TSLA after earnings yesterday, and the rest were trades today. No losing trades.

I stay on simulated trades because I'm a frontrunner. I know how to win, but can't lose $50 on a trade without doing dumb shit.

Attachments

• TSLA 7-27.JPG
    TSLA 7-27.JPG
    634.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
An easy day to be short...$1,500 in simulated trades in 45 minutes. I shorted TSLA after earnings yesterday, and the rest were trades today. No losing trades.

I stay on simulated trades because I'm a frontrunner. I know how to win, but can't lose $50 on a trade without doing dumb shit.
I had the feeling this would hit tomorrow after earnings tonight. Looks like some folks were frontrunning me. Definite rotation going on. LMT/NOC/RTX/PM/GD all up nicely today.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now the SEC is going after the Chinese stocks. They have to disclose the risks of doing business under Chinese rule. Except you can't talk bad about the Chinese government at all! Ask Jack Ma.
Like the CNBC article I posted yesterday said, the Chinese tech companies are being used by both sides as a pawn in a new cold war. Fundamentals no longer matter. Its all about the geopolitical risk.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Now the SEC is going after the Chinese stocks. They have to disclose the risks of doing business under Chinese rule. Except you can't talk bad about the Chinese government at all! Ask Jack Ma.
Like the CNBC article I posted yesterday said, the Chinese tech companies are being used by both sides as a pawn in a new cold war. Fundamentals no longer matter. Its all about the geopolitical risk.
Pretty sure I made the argument in the past that Chinese stocks having value was proof fundamentals already didn't matter. Straight up lying and cheating is accepted and expected business practice in China, and you're nuts if you believe anything a company there says.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
100% agree. It is why I am holding BABA and will add at $180. This stuff will get smoothed out. Its all part and parcel of how things work today. You just need a time horizon to get beyond it.