Investing General Discussion

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is this being seen as a sign that AMZN growth is slowing? Look at the stock price. $3,180? You spent all of that time trying to drive the brick and mortar stores out of business, and now you want to be one?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
What did you try new?
I tried to anticipate AMD bouncing off of resistance at 108.4 last week, as I saw it do many times in the last week. Only this was the one time that it actually went past resistance. And my dumbass didn't use a stop. At the same time last Friday AM, Bank of America was preparing an upgrade. And then Nazarian comes on talking about 117 call options being placed en masse. So I shorted it, but didn't protect myself, and got crushed.

I know I need to wait for confirmation, but didn't. As the saying goes, its better to wait for confirmation and be late, rather than to let your mind play tricks on you and make the wrong move.

I know I needed a stop loss in there, but decided I didn't need one. I think it rose $6 a share. I know I have to have stops in there, but someone in this thread told me to not use them. So I tried to not use a stop, and got crushed. There was clearly something different at this time, and the stop would have been a sanity check.

I know what works for me. I scalp. I wait for confirmation on the 1 min and 5 min. I catch the stock when it bounces off of resistance and support (but move with the signal). I use OCO bracket orders with stops. I didn't do any of that.

Oh well, next trade.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BABA volume almost 3x normal. No relief in sight. Shorts in total control for now.

I haven't felt pain like this since XOM last year.

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is this being seen as a sign that AMZN growth is slowing? Look at the stock price. $3,180? You spent all of that time trying to drive the brick and mortar stores out of business, and now you want to be one?

Having large brick and mortar stores with large warehouse space close to the consumer is the only way to get delivery times even shorter. Walmart, Costco, BJs, etc, are all trying to offer same-day delivery utilizing their stores, so they need to head this off.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
BABA volume almost 3x normal. No relief in sight. Shorts in total control for now.

Not sure what’s really driving it but I saw an article saying their government slapped some new regulations on them. I told you man, never doubt the ccp!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

Yuck. I feel your pain, but this is all just momentum at this point.

I wonder at what price it will stop? 125? 100?

Sometimes I wonder if the Chinese government isn't shorting these companies, and then buying up cheap shares for the eventual takeover.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yuck. I feel your pain, but this is all just momentum at this point.

I wonder at what price it will stop? 125? 100?

Sometimes I wonder if the Chinese government isn't shorting these companies, and then buying up cheap shares for the eventual takeover.
Price won't find a floor until volume gets under control. This a shorts dream right now. It's sure as shit /wsb won't step in and start buying it. Until big money starts buying there is no floor right now.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Re BABA: There is a big macro pivot at ~148. You're catching a knife without technical support until then.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Re BABA: There is a big macro pivot at ~148. You're catching a knife without technical support until then.
Lol too late for me. I have a full position with a cost basis of about $200. I'm just taking the big China dick for a while.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

That’s literally their growth strategy. They eat their competition, so they can take it over.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CDC just advised “at risk” people to avoid cruises regardless of vaccine status. Tanked cruise lines a bit after hours.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
CDC just advised “at risk” people to avoid cruises regardless of vaccine status. Tanked cruise lines a bit after hours.
Yet they haven't fallen too far. Yale just released data saying there are signs of the numbers peaking today.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yet they haven't fallen too far. Yale just released data saying there are signs of the numbers peaking today.

COVID seems a lot more politics driven than data driven. I would like to be proven wrong at some point.

• 2Truth!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bought some MA at Cramer's advice on actionalerts today. I took it on a trade, probably won't hold too much of it long term.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bought some MA at Cramer's advice on actionalerts today. I took it on a trade, probably won't hold too much of it long term.
Since I have been long V, when I started using Cramer's alerts I opened a quarter position in MA. I added another quarter position at $355 yesterday. If it continues to drop I'll eventually average down until I have a full position.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
we'll see

Attachments

• California COvid.JPG
    California COvid.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 19

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Since I have been long V, when I started using Cramer's alerts I opened a quarter position in MA. I added another quarter position at $355 yesterday. If it continues to drop I'll eventually average down until I have a full position.
What I like about his alerts is that he'll tell if a price is out of wack. These usually end up being good investments, but also good trades. I jump on them now, because I've seen too many of them pop 10% in a few days. Like EL. I said hell no I'm not buying that. It was up like 8.5% three days later. You do get misses like WYNN, but for the most part, his picks are good.

• 1Solidarity