Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess I got lucky on fill order, set a stop loss at 2.5 when the puts hit 2.80, it dropped back down to 2.49 according to fidelity but they never filled and they're back up to 3.00 now.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1639067389604.png

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Approved for use on the autobahn... with speeds up to 60km hr? Sheeet, even in the spots like merge zones the speed doesn't drop below 100. Never mind that this thing would be a horrible menace with german driving etiquette. There's lots of things they take for granted over there. Someone going a 150 faster than you in a slash zone rear ends you in the left lane? Should driven faster asshole, 100% your fault. Try passing on the right and they ram you off the road, which I guarantee you they'll try to do. 100% your fault, should have rear-ended them. The driving between the US and europe is absolutely nothing alike.

About the only place I think it goes down to 60 is active construction zones sometimes, and it's not uncommon that you have to drive outside of the lines there. Also when you approach things like an accident, german drivers squeeze to the side and make an extra lane without regard for the lines, so autopilot would probably be a menace to other drivers in slow-driving situations. Feels like a PR stunt.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Approved for use on the autobahn... with speeds up to 60km hr? Sheeet, even in the spots like merge zones the speed doesn't drop below 100. Never mind that this thing would be a horrible menace with german driving etiquette. There's lots of things they take for granted over there. Someone going a 150 faster than you in a slash zone rear ends you in the left lane? Should driven faster asshole, 100% your fault. Try passing on the right and they ram you off the road, which I guarantee you they'll try to do. 100% your fault, should have rear-ended them. The driving between the US and europe is absolutely nothing alike.

About the only place I think it goes down to 60 is active construction zones sometimes, and it's not uncommon that you have to drive outside of the lines there. Also when you approach things like an accident, german drivers squeeze to the side and make an extra lane without regard for the lines, so autopilot would probably be a menace to other drivers in slow-driving situations. Feels like a PR stunt.

Self driving cars are some of the easiest shit to program if the infrastructure supported it, like specially designed lanes that have lines in the center that sensors can lock on to and follow appropriately. The issue comes from ham fisting self driving onto a chaotic system that was never intended for it.

If they were serious they would be going this route but its all retarded.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
And the fact that not all cars self drive, so they have to be capable of dealing with fucked up human error. One of the issues is asingle(fatal) accident will get hammered in the press but the real debate should be is the accident rate less than humans now. But i guess we always need someone to blame so that becomes a challenge until the system supports it, like you said. Plus with self driving cars all accidents should be as simple as sifting through the data for all vehicles 8n the vicinity, etc. lots of pros to it really, even as much as i love driving country roads, self driving is absolutely the future.

Plus it would be awesome to truly have self driving combined with some bed like car where i can tell it to drive me to my vacation over 10 hours while i sleep and not lose a day!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And the fact that not all cars self drive, so they have to be capable of dealing with fucked up human error. One of the issues is asingle(fatal) accident will get hammered in the press but the real debate should be is the accident rate less than humans now.
As rightfully they should right now.

The woman killed in Tempe 3-4 years ago by a "self driving" uber car shouldnt have happened but somehow everyone wiped their hands of it and no one caught a manslaughter charge. The car should have "seen" the woman in the street but it drove into her as if she wasnt even there.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
At this point if anyone is interested in MTTR I'd say 23-25 is the supply zone. At the very least you could sell 25$ puts and either get shares close to 23$ or collect the premium

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Self driving cars is a misnomer. Someone else is controlling the car, not the driver or owner. If you you're not controlling the car, then the company is or the government is or some computer program that can be overriden remotely is. It's honestly one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. You want to make driving safer? Require driver training again like they used to. Restrict the incompetent from getting licenses. But honestly it doesn't need to be any safer, the quest for endless safety is foolish as well.

It's going to come up eventually "we can't have this wonderful self-driving car future until we get rid of the human drivers fucking it all up." Once they do that, they've got you by the balls. They can decide everything about where you can and can't travel.

TL;DR: Stop throwing money at self driving car companies you VC cunts!!
Bleh, I need more coffee for rants like this. Sorry.

• 3Like
  • 2Moron
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Has support at 25 from yesterday and the day before.

12/7 had triple bottom @25 and bounced hard.

View attachment 386968

At this point if anyone is interested in MTTR I'd say 23-25 is the supply zone. At the very least you could sell 25$ puts and either get shares close to 23$ or collect the premium

I’ve got powder in the keg to buy one more chuck. Would like to do that at closer to the $23 end of the range, as opposed $25.

The level2 data Jysin Jysin posted makes me wonder if I should just pull the trigger around $25 though 🤔

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’ve got powder in the keg to buy one more chuck. Would like to do that at closer to the $23 end of the range, as opposed $25.

The level2 data Jysin Jysin posted makes me wonder if I should just pull the trigger around $25 though 🤔

You can still get the 25$ 12/17 puts for 1.55, thats 23.45 cost basis if you're assigned, or free 1.55 if it closes at 25

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Insane stuff
"Smartphones are a misnomer. Someone else is controlling the phone, not the caller or owner. If you you're not controlling the phone, then the company is or the government is or some computer program that can be overriden or listen remotely is. It's honestly one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. You want to make phones smarter? Require people to remember dozens of phone numbers and carry around a pocket full of quarters for payphones like they used to. Restrict the incompetent from getting phones. But honestly it doesn't need to be any smarter, the quest for endless smartness is foolish as well.

It's going to come up eventually "we can't have this wonderful smartphone future until we get rid of the human callers fucking it all up." Once they do that, they've got you by the balls. They can decide everything about where who you can and can't call.

TL;DR: Stop throwing money at smartphone companies you VC cunts!!
Bleh, I need more coffee for rants like this. Sorry."

Anyone who thinks the way you do should not use a computer or a phone and should just lay under a tinfoil blanket and pray for death.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
"Smartphones are a misnomer. Someone else is controlling the phone, not the caller or owner. If you you're not controlling the phone, then the company is or the government is or some computer program that can be overriden or listen remotely is. It's honestly one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. You want to make phones smarter? Require people to remember dozens of phone numbers and carry around a pocket full of quarters for payphones like they used to. Restrict the incompetent from getting phones. But honestly it doesn't need to be any smarter, the quest for endless smartness is foolish as well.

It's going to come up eventually "we can't have this wonderful smartphone future until we get rid of the human callers fucking it all up." Once they do that, they've got you by the balls. They can decide everything about where who you can and can't call.

TL;DR: Stop throwing money at smartphone companies you VC cunts!!
Bleh, I need more coffee for rants like this. Sorry."

Anyone who thinks the way you do should not use a computer or a phone and should just lay under a tinfoil blanket and pray for death.
Lesbian 47 IQ comparison, since smartphones have also ruined the world.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user