Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PYPL getting crushed today right into a gap.
My stocks dont always miss earnings by a penny, but when they do they lose 25% of their value. So if they missed by four pennies the stock would be at zero? Welcome to today's market. Shrug. I will just be looking at red for a long time. Wont be the first time.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Today unlike last few days internals are ugly. Index are green but internal breadth is poor. We are now fully into the resistance zone. Easy money of the bounce likely finished this morning. Have to start looking to see if weakness can creep back in. QQQ Calls closed for over 100% gain

Last edited:
  • 3Tendies
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I find myself re-reading this book while on travel in Italy. I have recommended it to the thread in the past, but I highly recommend it again. This is applicable to all traders: day, swing, investors, boomer holders alike. The psychological fallacies that we are all prone to are addressed. It's often suggested to "trade without emotion", but the truth is that we are all emotional human beings. It's built into our DNA whenever we are exposing ourselves to risk. (Any trade is a risk)

Some of the logic I keep reading in this thread applies to psychological barriers we are often blind to.

Take some and give this a read:

For those with adblocker who can't see the Amazon link, the book is "Trade Mindfully" by Gary Dayton.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
QQQ 1HR Chart

1643821072885.png

Definitely looks weak here, retest of 361 at the least.

Most likely 357 is where its "real price" is, at the 200D on the hourly chart. I removed the mess of support and resistance lines I had from the past few weeks but I imagine the overwhelming sentiment is negative with up where we are just because the rally was so swift you're going to have profit taking.

My last trade:

1643821338106.png

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Like to make sure I spend some time on losses. I sold PYPL at a ($5,711) loss. A real ouch. While choosing to be patient ended up costing me $2k extra instead of just selling on the bounces I still think patience was the right move in that situation. It's inability to hold $180 is a sign it's not out of trouble now. I'm eyeing the big gap at $130 now and I wasn't willing to hold for that ride.
I knew that gap looked too juicy. My condolences for those two stuck with it but on the positive side I think that should be it. Actual earnings was a mix of positive things and a few concerning. I don't expect a V recovery, they will need to earn it through results to claw its way back.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I knew that gap looked too juicy. My condolences for those two stuck with it but on the positive side I think that should be it. Actual earnings was a mix of positive things and a few concerning. I don't expect a V recovery, they will need to earn it through results to claw its way back.
On the brightside it's PE went from 40 to 30 😃

Im in for the ride. EPS is over $4. We will see how it looks a year from now. Growth slowing happens to everyone. It's a part of the cycle.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
On the brightside it's PE went from 40 to 30 😃

Im in for the ride. EPS is over $4. We will see how it looks a year from now. Growth slowing happens to everyone. It's a part of the cycle.
I bought some at $130 but still bruised from this one can't get myself to take a sizeable position.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Stuff I'm reading says we're going to bounce off this SPX 4550 level and leg back down. Then again, they also say that options sentiments are starting to turn around, so...... eh?

On another note, Ethereum dropped this morning and has been tracking the SPX/QQQ pretty closely. But, it's been a lagging indicator and not a predictive indicator... I think? Hard to know which way things are going to break. I hate them, but GOOGL crushing earnings did a lot to slow down the negative/bear sentiment I think...

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bought some at $130 but still bruised from this one can't get myself to take a sizeable position.
I seriously considered adding a small bit to my position down here but held firm on my position size. With luck they announce some rando "crypto" initiative next week and it bounces up 50%