Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Trudeau declaring martial law at 4:30pm. At least he was nice enough to wait for the markets to close.

• 1Clown World
  • 1WTF
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Markets the last hour:

AdvancedUnpleasantCanadagoose-max-1mb.gif

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's tanked because of news headlines coming through. Russia moving off of staging positions to attack positions, Ukraine being briefed likely attack by Weds.

No one gives a shit about Canada. lol

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's tanked because of news headlines coming through. Russia moving off of staging positions to attack positions, Ukraine being briefed likely attack by Weds.

No one gives a shit about Canada. lol
"The United States and Canada traded goods and services worth $615 billion (USD) in 2020. Canada and the United States are each other’s largest export markets, and Canada is the number one export market for more than 30 U.S. states. In addition, Canada is the single largest foreign supplier of energy to the United States."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes That's great and all, but the catalyst moving the markets south right now is the intel on Russian troops on the move for an imminent attack. US has closed the embassy in Kyiv.

Canada doing dumb things is dumb, sure.. but that's not the focus of what's moving the market the last hour.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes That's great and all, but the catalyst moving the markets south right now is the intel on Russian troops on the move for an imminent attack. US has closed the embassy in Kyiv.

Canada doing dumb things is dumb, sure.. but that's not the focus of what's moving the market the last hour.
<Deleted a bunch of shit I wrote>. Not worth discussing.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
The market is going according to my plan with my windfall coming in March :)

thank you sirs Trudeau and Putin (and i guess the idiots at the fed too)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Zelenskiy Sarcasm Over Attack Date Moves Markets (10:15 p.m.)​

Zelenskiy gave an address in which he admonished other nations for exaggerating the risk of a Russian invasion, wryly suggesting that the Feb. 16 date forecast by some governments instead be turned into a national day of unity.

“They scare us with the big war and once again appoint the date of military invasion. It is not for the first time,” Zelenskiy, a former comedian, said in a video address to his nation late Monday. “We seek peace and want to resolve all issues only via negotiations.”

Jittery markets reacted quickly. U.S. benchmark crude West Texas Intermediate touched $95 a barrel for the first time since 2014.