Investing General Discussion

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

Zelenskiy Sarcasm Over Attack Date Moves Markets (10:15 p.m.)​

Zelenskiy gave an address in which he admonished other nations for exaggerating the risk of a Russian invasion, wryly suggesting that the Feb. 16 date forecast by some governments instead be turned into a national day of unity.

“They scare us with the big war and once again appoint the date of military invasion. It is not for the first time,” Zelenskiy, a former comedian, said in a video address to his nation late Monday. “We seek peace and want to resolve all issues only via negotiations.”

Jittery markets reacted quickly. U.S. benchmark crude West Texas Intermediate touched $95 a barrel for the first time since 2014.
I know it's hard to believe, but maybe, juuust maybe, our government is full of shit. I mean they're essentially saying they know another country's schedule on when they plan to start a war. And they're putting it out to the public. There's no level where that makes any goddamned sense other than as FUD/propaganda.

And to bring this back on track, Wile E Coyote is falling back up from the ground.... uhh, so to speak.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Odd thing to make sarcastic jokes about.
As an investor that doesn't actively trade (regularly) I'd rather buy at price levels from a year ago or further back while they are temporarily depressed due to the current events.

I deal with terrible stuff all the time in my profession so I don't have much emotion attached to death dismemberment damage to person property and financial loss etc. it's just numbers

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
FLlri-OX0AQBRFa.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Can we just get SPY 400 so I can go fully invested and focus on other things for a bit?

I suck at trading. Lots of work to do before I’m ready for primetime.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PPI numbers are all hot. No shock. More ammo for a more aggressive Fed. Doubt JPow has the balls for it though.

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
Can we just get SPY 400 so I can go fully invested and focus on other things for a bit?

I suck at trading. Lots of work to do before I’m ready for primetime.
It's tough brother. I had a decent month last month, now we're 2 weeks into February and I'm sputtering.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
what's this green shit =\ my pension rollover just cleared into my IRA need some value buys asap! - was hoping to jump into some NVDA and then probably be smart and put most of the rest into like VOO VTI but feels like a lot of green to do it right now =\

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I need to go ahead and put in another half position. I don't care if it drops to $0 as I'll have significantly lower cost-basis to sit on for the next five years.

Blazin Blazin what say you!?
If growth disappoints tomorrow its probably a sell, FB setting meta goals so far out in the future does not bode well at all to their partnership. If growth slows then the company is not going to reach critical mass anytime soon and loses any momentum from being a first mover. So I'll be looking at sub revenue, I don't care about devices with supply chain issues they are probably shitty numbers. I don't care about profit. I have a feeling the market is going to be the same as me hyper focused on sub growth.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users