Zzen

Potato del Grande
Another flush during power hour? Yikes.

ES-HONbXgAA-Jqz.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Going to be hard for market to recapture that level, and it's not going to make it easy on either side. Bulls would have wanted to hold consolidation closer to that level.

Start a newsletter bro. I’ll pay for it.

Love the insights, even if I’m not trading right now 👍

• 1Solidarity

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Capture.PNG

VIX down on the day, advancing volume almost double declining volume. These are just rays or glimmers of strength to pay attention to. There can be a lot of failed rallies during a bearish trend.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everyday the price of gas continues to climb 10c-20c will definitely lead to a bull rally.

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
What's the bear case on the big banks? Just dealings with Russia? One of the panelists on CNBC yesterday was short the banks but didn't really explain why. I'd think they'd be good long term buys here with rising rates.

I've started nibbling (JPM the other day) and wondering if I should hold off before buying some more.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was on the road all day and around lunchtime see the Nasdaq up 2% and thinking wow sort of a shocker. Then I get home and see red. lol.

Anyways, I wasn't feeling great about the market with Biden speaking and me being out of office so only put in a couple of orders and 1 hit. Grabbed AMZN at $2675

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was on the road all day and around lunchtime see the Nasdaq up 2% and thinking wow sort of a shocker. Then I get home and see red. lol.

Anyways, I wasn't feeling great about the market with Biden speaking and me being out of office so only put in a couple of orders and 1 hit. Grabbed AMZN at $2675
Ooops.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Take this for what it is but the markets appear to be pricing in peace of some sort. Or at least a minimization of a shooting war. Defense stocks got clubbed yesterday and are getting clubbed again in the pre-market.
LMT already 11% off the high from last week, NOC off 11%, RTX off 9%, GD off 7%

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sold my sqqq shares at close yesterday and wake up to see this blatant manipulation.

To go from +7% to -7% with only futures trading... More than likely it'll get gap filled or worse but that's some crazy shit!

It's really amusing to see people come up with their own reasons to justify moves in the market, the volatility is just insane with 10-20% swings intraday people are going to get blown the fuck out playing options.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold my sqqq shares at close yesterday and wake up to see this blatant manipulation.

To go from +7% to -7% with only futures trading... More than likely it'll get gap filled or worse but that's some crazy shit!

It's really amusing to see people come up with their own reasons to justify moves in the market, the volatility is just insane with 10-20% swings intraday people are going to get blown the fuck out playing options.
My thought is that markets are pricing in that due to "Ukraine" the Fed cant raise rates and they will try to just blame inflation on Putin and tell us its all his fault and we need to "live with it" for now.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
My thought is that markets are pricing in that due to "Ukraine" the Fed cant raise rates and they will try to just blame inflation on Putin and tell us its all his fault and we need to "live with it" for now.

You guys are probably right but my gut feeling is there's been heavy call ratios on everything compared to puts and they have been getting absolutely destroyed. A ton of money is being put to work to prevent that support from breaking.

Market rebellion puts out a list of options volume %s and it's been heavy heavy calls, especially apple.

I tried to trade logically with current events and basic economics but that just didn't seem to ever work, i haven't had a red day yet since just giving up on logic and day trading the "sentiment" for lack of a better word.

All i see now is desperation for saving the market, they try every day and it just doesn't hold, too much negative shit and for good reason. I still think we can have huge upside but it isn't right now. There's always some new fucking end of the world event lately.

It's all so tiresome, i really envy those of you who can just buy shit at support and not worry about it. My brother tried me the same shit but my reply is had i bought and held anything in the past year I'd be down pretty badly, which doesn't really help.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You guys are probably right but my gut feeling is there's been heavy call ratios on everything compared to puts and they have been getting absolutely destroyed. A ton of money is being put to work to prevent that support from breaking.

Market rebellion puts out a list of options volume %s and it's been heavy heavy calls, especially apple.

I tried to trade logically with current events and basic economics but that just didn't seem to ever work, i haven't had a red day yet since just giving up on logic and day trading the "sentiment" for lack of a better word.

All i see now is desperation for saving the market, they try every day and it just doesn't hold, too much negative shit and for good reason. I still think we can have huge upside but it isn't right now. There's always some new fucking end of the world event lately.

It's all so tiresome, i really envy those of you who can just buy shit at support and not worry about it. My brother tried me the same shit but my reply is had i bought and held anything in the past year I'd be down pretty badly, which doesn't really help.
You arent wrong. The challenge is trading on sentiment can eventually bite you in the ass. And while I am down on my technical purchases, time is on my side with a long horizon.