Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And to think we were trading SPY 460 only ten trading sessions ago.

There really isnt much in the way of support until back to the 428/429 level.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And to think we were trading SPY 460 only ten trading sessions ago.

There really isnt much in the way of support until back to the 428/429 level.
Have no fear. I am pretty sure we ca hit that level by Thursday's close.

• 2Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never took that AMD order on account of the big weakness in NVDA and AMD.

AMD is now below the ~95 pivot and there are some pretty big gaps down to the next support levels. ~89.5 and ~84.2

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Never took that AMD order on account of the big weakness in NVDA and AMD.

AMD is now below the ~95 pivot and there are some pretty big gaps down to the next support levels. ~89.5 and ~84.2
I backed off when I realized I dont think its the second best semi and because I really need to watch my tech sector weight.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PS.. Earnings season begins tomorrow. This could really add some gas to the fire if they suxxor.

• 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Part of the challenge I am facing right now is nothing looks good to me. Not just price-wise, but company-wise. I own the stocks I like and my "possibilties" watchlist only has 3 or 4 items on it and im not 100% sold on any of them right now. It might be time to just buy more indexes.

• 1Solidarity

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Part of the challenge I am facing right now is nothing looks good to me. Not just price-wise, but company-wise. I own the stocks I like and my "possibilties" watchlist only has 3 or 4 items on it and im not 100% sold on any of them right now. It might be time to just buy more indexes.
GDXJ

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Looks like all the "it isn't so bad" buyers this morning just let it sink in that inflation is running at 8.5%
Yeah it is so bad.
And my boss wondered why I told him I was going to start looking for a new job when he came it at a 3% raise on my performance review.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So ha gave you a 4.5 percent?
He will get that or more when he puts in his notice. It’s so hard to hire a good worker now. So we get shitty raises at work, or no raises like last year. People get an offer somewhere else, put in their two weeks, boom 10-20% raise. Then others hear about it and do the same. Even if they’re bottom feeder employees they’ll still get a big bump cause hiring is such a pita. Meanwhile people that perform well and like their job get nothing, so they’re just debating on actually leaving because they’re disgusted by it all.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He will get that or more when he puts in his notice. It’s so hard to hire a good worker now. So we get shitty raises at work, or no raises like last year. People get an offer somewhere else, put in their two weeks, boom 10-20% raise. Then others hear about it and do the same. Even if they’re bottom feeder employees they’ll still get a big bump cause hiring is such a pita. Meanwhile people that perform well and like their job get nothing, so they’re just debating on actually leaving because they’re disgusted by it all.
Umm yea.. welcome to 2021?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
In bonuses brought home like a 75 percent adjustment in march

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider

this just happened at my company exactly the same way.
Anyway for people who want ok premium on low cost weekly option poop stocks, MULN and TME are both fencing and I’ve done ok for 2-3 weeks. Just make sure to follow the downward spiral on sold options

I’ve made .25cents on them a few weeks in a row. I did this with GNUS for a while too.
Note that all 3 are shit stocks.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Umm yea.. welcome to 2021?

Yeah it’s been going on for even longer than 2021, we had a couple people a year doing it for the past 5-6 years. 2021 was just the first year everyone noticed they could do it too and they devastated the labor budget. Management just allowed it cause they’re terrified of having an open slot/interviewing because the market is god awful for hiring. In some cases if it’s a solid employee I say go for it. There were some they could have just said “ok bye” because they’re shit employees, and that would’ve sent the signal that it’s not a guaranteed raise. But nope, they sent the signal of “lol raises if you threaten to quit”

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
It is human nature and part of the principal agent problem at most companies. If an employee threatens to leave most managers tend to oversell that employees worth because it is a huge PITA to the manager in particular to lose that employee and in the event the employee is lost anyway the manager can point to the lost employee as a high performer lost who is causing deliverables to slip. If the manager is just saying oh ya Joe is just a cog don't counter him then he better hope nothing slips or he is going to look dumb.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I threatened to quit 4 times in the past 7 years (3 at previous employer over the course of 5.5 years, once at new employer 11 months in) and got a >15% raise each time, plus I actually did quit once to get a >60% base raise (but also switched to salary) when I switched employers. This is intop of the normal raises, which ranged from 5-8% annually.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's the longer, riskier road. The shorter, safer road is shopping yourself, getting a better offer, and giving your employer a choice to either counter or lose you.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So ha gave you a 4.5 percent?
Nope. He held firm at 3. It sucks, because I love my boss and my job, but I can't justify being underpaid 10-15k/year for my industry/job in Biden's economy anymore. I've been searching for the past 2ish weeks.