Investing General Discussion

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's only 3-4% upside for the stock for the rest of the year until it closes. The downside if for some reason the deal doesn't go through is more substantial. Obviously there's some level below 54.20 where it will settle due to all that.

Looks settled around 50 been there most of the day. How long do deals like this usually take to get done?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
The DJIA isnt cap weighted like most other indexes. It is price weighted using some secret formula. Also since it only has 30 components. Now since AAPL split it wont be as bad but if both miss I expect the impact on the DJIA to be brutal. And you could be correct that the selling will just be across all sectors and indexes so I guess it would be a matter of degrees.

Also you are correct that the DJIA has outperformed since Jan. This is partially due to UNH (the most influential) having been on a tear the last 4 months.
You might be right. It looks like we've had a descending cascade effect on the indexes since November.

First it was the Russell 2k.
Then the Nasdaq.
Then the S&P.
Now the DJIA?

I believe that's the order of worst hit to best hit... so far. So instead of looking at things separately, it's the entire economy taking a shit over that time and the impact is felt by all indexes just in a delayed fashion based on which individual economic sectors are weighted in which index. Not that realizing this helps anything very much since unless you've got clairvoyance trying to shuffle money back and forth to time these drops is a recipe for disaster, not profit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
3 pm on the nose.

1651000823842.png

• 1Solidarity

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
$GOOGL Q1 Earnings Revenue: $56.0B v $56.0B Expected EPS: $24.62 v $25.69 Expected

1651003594014.png

thats 19B less revenue than q4 2021... thats significant.

• 1Mother of God

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm thinking of changing the "Launch Fail" reaction for this section to "Jim Cramer". Same crashing gif, just a different title.
Thoughts?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Launch Fail
Reactions: 2 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
where put moneys?

cash sucks cause inflation
homes suck cause biden-rates
stocks suck cause everyone says recession coming

i'm not smart enough for this. whores and coke till the darkness sets in?

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
where put moneys?

cash sucks cause inflation
homes suck cause biden-rates
stocks suck cause everyone says recession coming

i'm not smart enough for this. whores and coke till the darkness sets in?
Buy indexes and don't look at them until retirement. Problem solved.

• 4Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users