Invincible

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The character started out annoying and ended up aggressively stupid. I don't remember feeling that way reading the comics but it has been a decade plus, so there's that. Mark's pity party also seemed super self-indulgent, which was probably more inline with the comics but on-screen it was annoying, too.

Series is great, though, and everything is on-point for the most part; nothing I notice long enough in the flow of the show to complain about. It's really like the comics come to life; they have captured the spirit pretty precisely. Cecil is great and exactly and I heard him in my head all those years ago.
I really enjoy the show for sure, and my complaints are not deal breakers. I dunno what went wrong, but I've said before that my main issue is the delivery of the female actors in this show. There's something off with the direction, like the director was incapable of telling them their first take was bad or something. That made it very easy to discount amber as a charcter and start skipping her stuff fairly early on. I don't skip asian wife, cause her content is at least interesting.

It's a good show, definitely worth people's time.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The character started out annoying and ended up aggressively stupid. I don't remember feeling that way reading the comics but it has been a decade plus, so there's that. Mark's pity party also seemed super self-indulgent, which was probably more inline with the comics but on-screen it was annoying, too.

Series is great, though, and everything is on-point for the most part; nothing I notice long enough in the flow of the show to complain about. It's really like the comics come to life; they have captured the spirit pretty precisely. Cecil is great and exactly and I heard him in my head all those years ago.
Concur. Finding myself watching this more for the supporting chars than for Invincible.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Concur. Finding myself watching this more for the supporting chars than for Invincible.
It's such great flavor and makes this world and take so good. So much world-building has to be done in this first season, its kind of Luke-on-Tatooine *so far*. Mark really comes into his own as the story develops, IIRC, though. It seemed like Kirkman got bored and ran out of places to go before the end of the whole run but that is a LOOOOONG way off. So many arcs before it gets mediocre and they have a lot to choose from. Even then, the stuff I didn't like in the comic might fit into the show better, given a different spin/setup/take.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

Havent really liked the Rex Splode character, but the “Godamit Robot! Will please stop fucking me up?” Made me laugh out loud.

And not that I’m defending Amber’s character or whatever her name is, but her knowing and acting like she didnt and getting mad at the excuses isn’t unbelievable. I know I have caught my kid in a lie and gave him plenty of times to come clean before I finally called him on his shit. That’s how I took what she did. She knew. Wanted to feel like she was important enough for him to tell her and by the time he did, it was too late.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Was kinda expecting the events of this episode to be the season 1 finale.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Havent really liked the Rex Splode character, but the “Godamit Robot! Will please stop fucking me up?” Made me laugh out loud.

And not that I’m defending Amber’s character or whatever her name is, but her knowing and acting like she didnt and getting mad at the excuses isn’t unbelievable. I know I have caught my kid in a lie and gave him plenty of times to come clean before I finally called him on his shit. That’s how I took what she did. She knew. Wanted to feel like she was important enough for him to tell her and by the time he did, it was too late.

Ya, not totally unbelievable. I’ve been in a relationship where I was expected to know something was the matter, but wasn’t told by them because me knowing that was the whole “point”. So this isn’t far off lol

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Every heterosexual man has been in a relationship like that.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The lesson is you need to find a sane woman. Especially if you're a superhero and have to deal with all of that on top.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

Why did omni even struggle with immortal for that long?

It’s kind of like when you decide to have some mostly consensual sex with the woman you have been stalking and the first minute she is definitely playing hard to get, but then you get frustrated enough to exert your dominance and power through playful resistance within 15 seconds.

Omni-Man finally got frustrated.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only think of is he didn't want it on video but they never hired at that

Cybsled

Consider what Omni just went through

1) Orbital Ion Beam cannon
2) Cyborgs attacking him
3) Cthulu Monster attacking him
4) Then Immortal blindsides him AND Omni exposes himself to getting hit when he tries to help Mark

They've already established that Omni can get worn down (Donald even comments in an earlier episode that he had never seen Omni on the ropes before vs the Cthulu thing the first time).

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the whole thing with amber is just... this is what immature people do in relationships. amber figures out she's dating a superhero and instead of understanding the kind of stress he might be under being a brand new superhero, she makes it all about her. every moment she spends focusing on his needs is a chore and she knows it. but instead of just talking to him about the issue or breaking up with him, she just keeps handing him more rope to hang himself. and mark is just so happy to be kissing a girl that he's willing to be walked all over. it's super frustrating for people to watch because we are all intimately familiar with it on one side or another. you may not realize that's the issue, but your brain does.

it's like when you're playing wow and you're running to the quest objective and some retard cotoye knocks you off your mount. omni-man was trying to just get to mark to help him with cthulu but immortal kept dazing him out of flight mode.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Caliane

catching up.

omni: "he's not that tough"

Allen: oh really now?

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I've not read the comics, but I get the impression that Atom Eve is ludicrously powerful in a way that many people do not fully understand.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Yeah, you'd think SHE would be the strongest, and be able to take on pretty much any of the threats.
She doesn't.
She doesn't die.. But, She never really stands out either, for the logic of what her powers are, and the level she is shown using them from time to time. theres never any reason for why she can't just tear a Viltrimite, or whatever apart molecule by molecule. or copy any of the super metal alloys that are capable of standing up to them.

Dunno if its supposed to be an aspect of her just not really wanting to do the superhero thing. or, if it was Kirkman not wanting the spotlight on her too much. or him, not really thinking through what the scope of her powers are.

Molecule man is one of the powerful guys in Marvel. the reality stone is one of the most powerful infinity stones by itself..

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Yeah, you'd think SHE would be the strongest, and be able to take on pretty much any of the threats.
She doesn't.
She doesn't die though. But, She never really stands out, for the logic of what her powers are, and the level she is shown using them from time to time.

Dunno if its supposed to be an aspect of her just not really wanting to do the superhero thing. or, if it was Kirkman not wanting the spotlight on her too much. or him, not really thinking through what the scope of her powers are.
It's explained in comic, somewhat. She has mental issues that keep her from using her powers to their full extent, except if she dies. Then her powers kick in and revive her.

• 1Pathetic

Cybsled

I do wonder if they'll even bother using that comic sidestory for Eve in the show. They've already shown her to be able to alter living things in the episode where she was making trees and crops grow