Iron Man 3 [Spoilers Everywhere]

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-chi...ion-different/

Therefore, the film will release different versions in both the U.S. and China. Both will feature Chinese actor Wang Xuegi, but the Chinese one will include scenes featuring actress Fan Bingbing and additional footage specifically tailored for Chinese audiences.

From a marketing standpoint, this move is a no-brainer for Marvel. Given the central role that China plays in The Mandarin's backstory and Iron Man comics as a whole, it makes perfect sense for the studio to release a slightly tailored version of the film that will play up those elements a bit more and offer an incentive for Chinese audiences to see the film. It's also quite unlikely that any of this added footage will drastically affect the story of the film or result in any foreshadowing "button scenes" that will hint at what's to come in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Df~_sl

shitlord
If I notice anything strange I will surely let you guys know... but I think it will be better covered by others
frown.png

I do not know any iron man aside from the movies and animated stuff... and unless the US version comes out on torrents, I wont be able to compare them. Just thought it would be interesting to mention.

frown.png

Df~_sl

shitlord
My friend doing the Chinese advertising for Iron Man 3 told me its not 3 minutes... its 20... and are supposed to feature the two chinese actors...

I have no problem filming whatever the extra scenes might be on my iphone if anyone is REALLY interested... but that might take some planning (need to find out which scenes are added)

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm pretty butthurt that we're not getting footage of the hot chink. I must acquire this for great justice.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is B.S. that it comes out overseas first. There would be no Iron Man without the U.S. market. We've supported the character for 40 years before he hit the big screen.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've always found changes to movies/advertising for international reasons to be strange and funny.

I remember how Captain America was advertised as simply "The First Avenger" in most former Soviet Countries. So many rustled jimmies in the theater when they realized it was an American-centric movie, hahaha.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I remember how Captain America was advertised as simply "The First Avenger" in most former Soviet Countries. So many rustled jimmies in the theater when they realized it was an American-centric movie, hahaha.
haha really? You have a poster of the 'first avenger'>?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
haha really? You have a poster of the 'first avenger'>?
rrr_img_22417.jpg

*edit* I just thought of another movie that did the same thing, actually. If you remember that mediocre horror movie "Apollo 18", about the secret US Apollo mission to the moon. The movie poster in Kazakhstan had CCCP stamped on the astronaut helmet so everyone thought it was about the Soviet space program. Much hilarity ensued!

rrr_img_22418.jpg

rrr_img_22417.jpg

rrr_img_22418.jpg

fucker_sl

shitlord
the best part of that First avengers modified poster is not the title itself, but the fact they placed it and darkened the image so that any visual reference to USA is removed. (color and stripes on cap's uniform, the US on the jacket etc)

Not that good. Started out nice then downhill all the way to the horrible last 30 min. 2/5.
what is your opinion of IM1 and 2 ?