Iron Man 3 [Spoilers Everywhere]

fucker_sl

shitlord
it all depends if you are or not an ironman comic fan

if you are, it's impossible to not be enraged by what they did to the mandarin. I'm not, so i dont give 2 shit about the mandarin, but i can understand how much their jimmies have been rustled by it

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Exactly. If you have been reading Iron Man for 30 years, like some people (old people who will not be named), I don't know how you couldn't be bothered by the Mandarin thing. The 20-something issues of Ultimate universe whatever your kids read today I've read doesn't override all those years of Iron Man legacy or whatever.

Get off my lawn!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
In regards to RDJ and the conclusion of the IM series, I'm happy with that... I don't think it could get any better as I understand it would still make a ton of money but let it be what it is... They can bring it back 10 or 20 years from now and take the story a different direction. I really don't want to see many more of the standalone sequels. I think they will saturate the market and begin taking away from the characters. I think you bring in new characters and more team centric movies. I would like to see an Excalibur movie, Daredevil, and Spiderman with Venom done right and bring in Carnage. There's a ton to do with Marvel without driving something in to the ground. I would also really like to see Dark Phoenix and Silver Surfer/Galactus. Not mention someone to do something good with the Fantastic Four. You could even set up a Civil War or Secret War for a grand finale.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just don't get their reason for money when they didn't blink an eye and literally printing money for Depp for his Pirates movies and I'm fairly sure this franchise is netting them more.
If you read any of the articles linked in the thread, you'd see that Disney apparently doesn't interfere with the way Marvel runs things.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Finally saw it... out of all the movies i've seen, it was definitely one of them.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
In regards to RDJ and the conclusion of the IM series, I'm happy with that... I don't think it could get any better as I understand it would still make a ton of money but let it be what it is... They can bring it back 10 or 20 years from now and take the story a different direction. I really don't want to see many more of the standalone sequels. I think they will saturate the market and begin taking away from the characters. I think you bring in new characters and more team centric movies. I would like to see an Excalibur movie, Daredevil, and Spiderman with Venom done right and bring in Carnage. There's a ton to do with Marvel without driving something in to the ground. I would also really like to see Dark Phoenix and Silver Surfer/Galactus. Not mention someone to do something good with the Fantastic Four. You could even set up a Civil War or Secret War for a grand finale.
If Marvel gets the movie rights for FF/Xmen back, they would have TONS of projects they could do. As it is, they're using the biggest names they've got essentially. Probably the only reason Guadians is getting done already :p

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Best Iron Man movie of the three.

Very close to Avengers quality but has a weak last thirty minutes.

It didn't feel like the normal action movie where you feel like you seen this all before in other movies but blows it at the end with lets have final battle in a generic sea port that has been done before in movies like A Team.

But overall its a damn good movie.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
would you be okay with going to see a Batman movie and The Joker being turned into a piece of shit character? Or how about your favorite video game/anime made into a movie and the main villain being turned into a joke?
I could understand if they did something retarded like change Galactus in to a cloud... But, I'm really not too upset over how they did the Mandarin in this one.

Exactly. If you have been reading Iron Man for 30 years, like some people (old people who will not be named), I don't know how you couldn't be bothered by the Mandarin thing. The 20-something issues of Ultimate universe whatever your kids read today I've read doesn't override all those years of Iron Man legacy or whatever.

Get off my lawn!
Like I said, I've seen worse. Much worse.

Galactus cloud

The way they fucked Paralax like an altar boy.

Spiderman 3.

Every X-men before First Class.

Deadpool in the Wolverine movie.

Talia al ghul

Bane

I guess at some point the nerves just get dulled down to where you accept it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I could understand if they did something retarded like change Galactus in to a cloud...
Technically, Galactus is a swarm of insect-like things in the Ultimate Universe. It isn't a single entity as it was in classic marvel.

UltGali.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/201/img022el.jpg(what they do)

uup2it_sl

shitlord
Did anyone think the super strong robot looked exactly like a terminator armor set from warhammer 40k? I half expected it to yell "For the Emperor"

fucker_sl

shitlord
that should be the Hulkbuster armor (a powered armor he puts OVER the ironman suit, built to battle an enraged Hulk)

and yes, it really looked like a terminator armor

Salshun_sl

shitlord
that should be the Hulkbuster armor (a powered armor he puts OVER the ironman suit, built to battle an enraged Hulk)

I was under the impression that the Hulk, mad enough, had no limits. Like walk across the sun strong, nothing physically stronger.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I was under the impression that the Hulk, mad enough, had no limits. Like walk across the sun strong, nothing physically stronger.
That is debatable and a concept, "no limits", a man of science wouldn't take to easily. Also Hulkbuster armor came out quite a long time ago where the "infinitely powerful Hulk" was a more modern concept... and was arguably disproved when Zeus broke him shortly after.

Like everything in comics, one person is only as powerful as the story calls for, etc, etc.

Taloo_sl

shitlord

More like a dread from back in the Rogue Trader days. Also this movie was awful. Fuck yeah look at all these different suits and how different they are! Enjoy a five second shot of five suits where they may or may not do something cool. To be fair that whole thing was just kind of a waste and designed to sell toys. Nothing to do with the rest of the movie being bad and impossible to enjoy.

Caliane

it all depends if you are or not an ironman comic fan

if you are, it's impossible to not be enraged by what they did to the mandarin. I'm not, so i dont give 2 shit about the mandarin, but i can understand how much their jimmies have been rustled by it
i didnt mind it. its not the mandarin.

Tarrant makes his Batman point. yet...
we just got 3 movies without Batman in them so... yeah, that way worse. At least here they don't pretend he was the Mandarin.

More annoyed with Iron patriot.

Overall, really liked the movie.
"should be called Tony Stark 3, not Iron man 3" is kindof valid.
And, it is a bit annoying, like at no point in the entire movie, did Tony wear a fully functional IM suit. Damaged, broken, malfunctioning, just nonstop. Kindof hard to have some "fuck yeah" when at no point was he in control.