Is the Democratic party still a relevant political party?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Seems to me it's just a loose collection of pathetic cucks who would be better off opening some coffee shops and staying the hell out of the nation's decision making. Thoughts?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Seems to me it's just a loose collection of pathetic cucks who would be better off opening some coffee shops and staying the hell out of the nation's decision making. Thoughts?

They're going through what the GOP did in 2008. They won't figure it out until 2024 when they get their Trump and it completely changes the Democrat Party.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Democrats will probably come out of it quicker than Republicans. I think Trump MIGHT MAYBE have knocked some fucking sense into the GOP... but I also think Paul Ryan is begging to be re-elected speaker and he's a treasonous lying fuck. I still think they'll obstruct the hell out of him just so Ryan or Rubio can run again in 2020 on a platform of "he dindu shit!"

What Democrats have going for them is that they didn't have a Tea Party rebellion. #OWS wasn't nearly as strong as what the insurrection within the GOP was. But the democratic party has to refocus. Berniebro's won't get them into the White House alone, but berniebros will also no prop up whatever color and flavor combination of fuck-you-in-the-ass they feel like putting up for election instead. So the democrats in congress have a very big challenge. They need to spend the next 4 years showing that they're actually trying.

And the temptation to just cockblock trump at every turn is going to be incredibly strong. And some of the crazy shit that he might wind up doing maybe will need to be cockblocked.

Yeah, they're still relevant. They just lost a Presidential election is all. But it was Clinton.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Calm down, Keg. This is just the pendulum swinging back the other way. We really need a centrist, common sense party. The only ones who can get anything done.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Trump killed the Republicans in the primary. He killed the Democrats in the general. There is only one party that matters in America, the MAGA party.

HyRu5cVt.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Agree with Flip. This is just a pendulum swing. It'll swing back some day.

The Dems need to re-tool. They need to be more Bernie-like and less Donna-like.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Agree with Flip. This is just a pendulum swing. It'll swing back some day.

The Dems need to re-tool. They need to be more Bernie-like and less Donna-like.

No they need to be more like Donald Trump, who was basically a non-retarded democrat until he took over the R ticket.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

lain

Trakanon Raider
They won the popular vote and a 1% swing would have put Clinton at 300+. If Trump can't come through for the rust belt he could easily be routed in 4 years time - we'll see - it seems everyone is over-reacting, This is with the Dems having the most unlikeable candidate in my memory of any election,

Also I amusingly saw demonstrators near Trump's building walking home, seems pretty pointless. Let's see what Trump does first, he is at least unpredictable, maybe I'll even like the policies enough I"ll vote for him in 4 years!

• 3Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The current leadership of the Dimwits isn't relevant, mainly because they are older than 99 percent of humanity. And their bench is really pathetic.

But both parties go through upheavals when the old decrepit leadership that can't change with the times has to die off (or be humiliated losing the presidency).

The Democrat Party will be a power again when the new blood grows up a bit, and just as mind numbingly corrupt as they always have been.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
No they need to be more like Donald Trump, who was basically a non-retarded democrat until he took over the R ticket.

Fair enough.

My comment wasn't that well thought out. They need to re-tool is my main point.

This hyper-corrupt shit with Hillary, Donna, and Loretta is a god damned disaster.

Go back to 'Go', and try again.

• 3Like

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
They won the popular vote

Just wanted to address this. They're still counting votes. A lot of votes in Utah and rural Washington specifically. Even CNN is saying he'll win the popular vote when it's all said and done.

• 3Like

lain

Trakanon Raider
Just wanted to address this. They're still counting votes. A lot of votes in Utah and rural Washington specifically. Even CNN is saying he'll win the popular vote when it's all said and done.

I thought they had all the mail-in votes from California as well, but I must admit I haven't looked at it closely. That said, popular vote is what people who come second look at...

Probably more relevantly it'll be interesting to see if anyone comes through now Clinton and the old-guard depart. There was an implicit opportunity cost to her being around for 10 years trying to run, it could have crowded people out. Now I need to find a what policies will Trump push first thread and stick in my guesses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Apollo64

N00b
Dems have won the popular vote 6 times out of 7 since '92 and have a much bigger core of sure "firewall" states. If they weren't so complacent and arrogant, they could have had the presidency on lockdown

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I think Dems are routing to extreme left side of the party. They are chanting Bernie everywhere. "It should've been Bernie" or some other Indian lady. I don't know if they learned their lessons yet but they are clinching even further away from the reality...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the idiots defeated themselves, they were so sure trump was going to lose due to the crooked media providing completely lopsidedly biased reporting against him. that 6 million less voted democrat than they did in 2012. the great part is they dont seem to have learned their lesson and are still going all out against trump. prepare for future disappointments.

• 3Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This was all on DWS and the rest of the DNC establishment. Hillary did not have the base of support in the states that mattered.

Hillary won the nomination by beating Bernie by large margins in the very states that would never vote for Hillary in the general election.

• 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
dnc and rnc are both terrible organizations.

we should have a physical id and fingerprint used as two factor auth to login to the govment network where it can be a true democracy.

oracle would fuck it up tho

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, the way the democrats are acting right now with all the protests, and refusing to accept the results of the election -- compounded with Obama's lack of addressing it (he's still the president) is rapidly making the left much less relevant in the minds of the people. Peaceful protests are cool. But several of these aren't.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users