Is the Democratic party still a relevant political party?

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
It's Soros. We need to lynch that traitorous nazi Bagel Eater.

Bagel Eater is censored? @a_skeleton_03? The fuck, fam. It's the only word to describe Soros evil jewish nazi scheming.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Exact moment they jumped the shark

la-na-dnc-mothers-of-the-movement-20160726-snap.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
If people want to know how a nation will turn out, look to it's youth. This is how the Millenials voted. It was the old and middle-aged that voted Trump in. In 10 years time once the old are dead and more of young blue-hairs have reached voting age then the Dems will rule. The Dems will most likely realise the fuckup they made and find someone who can beat Trump in the next election. It'll probably be a disabled, black trans-woman who grew up as an adopted child in a latino family. They'll have so many minority cards to play Trump won't stand a chance. It scares the living shit out of me.

039af5cc8616b3ff_Screen_Shot_2016-11-09_at_2.47.06_PM.png

• 2Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
If people want to know how a nation will turn out, look to it's youth. This is how the Millenials voted. It was the old and middle-aged that voted Trump in. In 10 years time once the old are dead and more of young blue-hairs have reached voting age then the Dems will rule. The Dems will most likely realise the fuckup they made and find someone who can beat Trump in the next election. It'll probably be a disabled, black trans-woman who grew up as an adopted child in a latino family. They'll have so many minority cards to play Trump won't stand a chance. It scares the living shit out of me.

View attachment 97988
Don't be so pessimistic, dude. By the by I love your Terence McKenna avatar. That is one of the most awesome dudes that has ever walked the earth and I don't even like drugs.

Don't count white people out just yet, Aar.

• 2Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If the republicans can survive the absolute schlonging they received in 2008, the democrats can survive this seemingly minor setback. They put up an almost universally reviled candidate and they still pulled off the popular vote and lost most of the key states by just a sliver. I am happy Trump won, but I also realize how razor thin that victory was. My hope is that the democrats realize their ID politics game has worn out their welcome with many people and they rope in the SJW echo chamber. But there is also a real chance the Republicans shoot themselves in the foot and oppose Trump as much as they did Obama. If they do that, all the democrats need to do at that point is sit back and wait until 2020.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People tend to vote more conservative as they get older too. When they're 35 they will realize you can't pay rent with moral superiority points.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

View attachment 97988

SurveyMonkey polling has clearly proven it has a great grasp on the electorate...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It's Soros. We need to lynch that traitorous nazi Bagel Eater.

Bagel Eater is censored? @a_skeleton_03? The fuck, fam. It's the only word to describe Soros evil jewish nazi scheming.

Your profanity filter is on. Turn it off and it will stop censoring your posts.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
You can't assume millennials will all vote blue in 10 years. Once 50% of them get a job that doesn't involve an espresso machine, move out of their parents' basements and start paying bills, they will decide it's kind of nice to hold onto more of the money they worked hard for.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You can't assume millennials will all vote blue in 10 years. Once 50% of them get a job that doesn't involve an espresso machine, move out of their parents' basements and start paying bills, they will decide it's kind of nice to hold onto more of the money they worked hard for.
Yes, but what's the likely hood of 50% of tjem getting job that don't involve coffee shops?

Pretty low given my ancedotal experience with such useless humans. One of my older sisters, who is highly educated (PhD) is mid 30s, lives with my parents (anove the garage, not in the basement, so slight difference). I gove her a 0% chance of ever not working in a coffee shop since you know she finisjed her PhD almost a decade ago and has never not been a coffee serving cunt.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
People tend to vote more conservative as they get older too. When they're 35 they will realize you can't pay rent with moral superiority points.

It's more like once the loans start to come due and their parents stop helping them with money then they too will realize there are more important things in life than what vegetable you identify with.

We were not this childish. It just amazes me. I mean the most hippy I ever got was thinking that weed should probably be legal and everyone should smoke it. I voted for Clinton for 1 reason: He said that we needed to go stop the death camps in Bosnia with military force and Bush said that the reality was that it was all mountainous terrain and he did not want to send servicemen to die in the numbers they would have to in order to shut it down. He said that shit directly to a crowd of us in Greensboro. I still have the ticket to that rally.

And then after Clinton got elected and failed to deliver, and I realized that he never intended to deliver on his statement to begin with, I've been voting for Republicans or Abstaining ever since.

• 2Like

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
need a centrist liberal party

Need a centrist Republican party as well. I would vote a lot more right if they would just get off the social issues and make their entire platform around sound fiscal policy.

• 5Like

radditsu

Yes, but what's the likely hood of 50% of tjem getting job that don't involve coffee shops?

Pretty low given my ancedotal experience with such useless humans. One of my older sisters, who is highly educated (PhD) is mid 30s, lives with my parents (anove the garage, not in the basement, so slight difference). I gove her a 0% chance of ever not working in a coffee shop since you know she finisjed her PhD almost a decade ago and has never not been a coffee serving cunt.

Maybe open her own damn coffee shop. She is already living in a garage, what else can she lose? Nobody is taking any risks anymore.

• 2Like

radditsu

View attachment 97988

Youth always votes blue. then they get older and it moves to the right. This isn't anything really new.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Maybe open her own damn coffee shop. She is already living in a garage, what else can she lose? Nobody is taking any risks anymore.
Not in the garage, above the garage! Ph she sells shit on her Etsy shop. So thankful my dad paid for he PhD since she didn't get a fellowship, yet I took out loans to get a masters from JHU.

• 2Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They're going through what the GOP did in 2008. They won't figure it out until 2024 when they get their Trump and it completely changes the Democrat Party.

I look at it a bit differently.

The Dems are at a crossroads and where they go from here depends on how well they recognize what that crossroads is. They can say it looks like where the Republicans were in '08 and go that route, in which case we will see the more progressive wing of the party coalesce around a movement to push the party as a whole away from the neo-liberal forces that have been at it's rudder for more than 2 decades now. The party would slide further to the left and our politics would become even more divided than it is now.

Or they can respond to it the way the Republicans did to their situation in 1992, when Bush was defeated. The party drilled downward and focused on winning local and state elections to not only be in a better position to control the redistricting that would follow the approaching census but to also start building up their ranks of prospective candidates for higher offices. They will need to relax some of their positions to give candidates the flexibility to win at that level though, particularly on things like gun control, to not be at such odds with the national party in order for that to be successful in the long term. They would also have to adopt one of the central tenets of conservatism as well; local and state-level solutions and approaches to some issues instead of everything being top down and uniform.

I consider the later of those to be preferable but I have my doubts as to it going that way.

Last edited:
  • 5Like