Is Uncharted the best series of the last decade?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Destiny and Division look really interesting for the new breed. Titanfall is a joke comparatively.

I really enjoyed Uncharted. I would have to rank it above most things but below:

Mass Effect
Elderscrolls
Fallout

I'm not a big Gears fan. I enjoyed them at first but the later games didn't do much for me. Same with Halo. People rant and rave about it but the combat is very simple and meh. Loved the first one but the series never improves enough for me.

Honorable mention:

Witcher
Borderlands 1 and 2
Dragon Age 1
Never Winter 2

Sean_sl

shitlord
Hrm, best series of the past 10 years? I think "best series of the last generation" would be a more appropriate distinction.

Uncharted is definitely up there. If you included TLOU as part of that it'd far and away be #1 no question.

Mass Effect is amazing, but 3 had so many flaws that it really brought the series down for me (anyone who says that only the ending was bad is full of it).

I think though that I'd have to give it to Assassin's Creed for the Ezio Trilogy + AC4. The Ezio Trilogy is just an amazing saga that follows one hell of a guy's life. Following his start as a brash kid to his final days as a master assassin was one of the best journeys that I've ever had in a video game. Plus, Pirate's Creed was amazing it own right.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I gotta throw my hat in with the Mass Effect lot. It was the first set of games since PS1 that had me invest 100's of hours completing and I enjoyed just about every minute of it.

Runner up for me would be AC. If not for how much I loathed 3, the gap between would be far narrower but I have yet to play 4 so the bitter taste of 3 still lingers.

Uncharted is a very close third.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played The Last of Us yet so maybe this is a stupid or spoilery question but... Why is it being brought up in conversation about the bestseries? Isn't it just one game? Also not intended to be a douchey question, just curious if I'm missing something.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I haven't played The Last of Us yet so maybe this is a stupid or spoilery question but... Why is it being brought up in conversation about the bestseries? Isn't it just one game? Also not intended to be a douchey question, just curious if I'm missing something.
It's basically an extreme refinement of all their work on Uncharted.

spronk

FPS noob
valve announces orange box 3 (skipping 2) at E3 - left for dead 3, portal 3, Team Fortress 3, and Half Life 3. Free with SteamBox, which Nintendo has signed up to develop exclusively for. world explodes.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I absolutely loved Uncharted 1 and 2, I recommend everyone plays through it. 3 was good, and had awesome graphics and locales / artwork, but about halfway through I got horribly sick of the combat. I wanted more explore/solve and less infinite spawning, cheap fighting NPCs. It got old killing 300 bad guys, exploring for a few seconds, then repeat.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Really what it comes down to for me is Naughty Dog. In my mind they are pretty much the best in the business right now. The Uncharted series is a work of art. The Last of Us was outstanding. They are my current favorite developer and if they continue to design games at this level they will probably be my favorite of all time. Nothing on the PS4 excites me more than Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 2 right now.

If you haven't played Uncharted 1-3, and The Last of Us you are seriously missing out.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Shame Deus Ex was the only game in the series, because it blows a lot of other games out of the water

Did anyone mention Far Cry ? Sure, it has a few quirks, but AAA emergent FPS is pretty rare.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
God of War. I bought a damn PS3 just to play the third one because of how much I liked the gameplay and story in the first two. It was totally worth it for the kill scenes of all the gods that had been toying with you through the first 2 games.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Really what it comes down to for me is Naughty Dog. In my mind they are pretty much the best in the business right now. The Uncharted series is a work of art. The Last of Us was outstanding. They are my current favorite developer and if they continue to design games at this level they will probably be my favorite of all time. Nothing on the PS4 excites me more than Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 2 right now.

If you haven't played Uncharted 1-3, and The Last of Us you are seriously missing out.
It's because, to me, they make games for gamers. One of the last few in the business that actually do. It's amazing how that works.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I just realized Naughty Dog developed the Crash Bandicoon series. I only played the first one but it was one of my favorite PS games.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I think though that I'd have to give it to Assassin's Creed for the Ezio Trilogy + AC4. The Ezio Trilogy is just an amazing saga that follows one hell of a guy's life. Following his start as a brash kid to his final days as a master assassin was one of the best journeys that I've ever had in a video game. Plus, Pirate's Creed was amazing it own right.
This.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Shame Deus Ex was the only game in the series, because it blows a lot of other games out of the water

Did anyone mention Far Cry ? Sure, it has a few quirks, but AAA emergent FPS is pretty rare.
Yeah it's a shame there was never a sequel to Deus Ex. It would be cool to see what they could do with a modern engine, with bigger environments and a less cumbersome inventory system. The original is looking really dated, although I think there are fan projects that update the textures and models like System Shock 2.

(next Levine game, a real System Shock 3?)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I get that DX2 was awful, but why all the hate for DX:HR?
Most of the maps were smaller than my shed. The "city" map looked like something from Duke Nukem 3D. (but probably smaller) And there seemed to be 100x more need to play the inventory management minigame than the others.