It (2017)

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
That's the scene everyone remembers but the whole book is just loaded with creepy shit. I've listened to the audio book a few times including once this year and I do like it but holy shit it gets distracting if you're taking note.

I don't mean it figuratively

King came up with the toilet scene based on cancer shits, and built the novel around it while jacked on oxy
It's one of his projects, like maximum overdrive that he admits drugs were making the calls

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
you never heard of a bload oath? its when each person cuts their hands and then holds the other(s) with their bleeding hands, swear the promise together and bob's your uncle you just made a blood oath. you're also now blood brothers.

To be fair, bev didn't need to cut her hand to enter the blood oath at that point.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the only way to kill a demon clown is to have group sex, its just science ok

i've seen 8 movies in the past 10 days and It trailer has shown before every single one of them, only other dupe I can think of is Kingsman. This movie is gonna be huge, the 7pm thu showing is already completely sold out at my local AMC.

not sure it means much but
Stephen King was “not prepared” for how good the new It is
Stephen King likes this.....im shocked

spronk

FPS noob
baby driver
hitmans bodyguard
wind river
wonder woman (2nd time)
Dark Tower
terminator 2 3D
dunkirk
logan lucky

still gotta see spider man and good time and there are a few studio ghibli movies being reshown on theaters this month

lol my local amc theaters are such assholes, they had for the past 2 or 3 weeks a AMC Dolby Digital screening presale of It for thursday night, just today they put up the IMAX tickets. People who bought the Dolby seats have gotta be pissed.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't be pissed, AMC and Regal are still those fake digital IMAX and jack up their prices to insane levels. They built a brand new Regal in my area and couldn't bother to build a real IMAX yet the tickets are $20.10 + tax for Marvel's Inhumans (2D, they charge more for 3D).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
baby driver
hitmans bodyguard
wind river
wonder woman (2nd time)
Dark Tower
terminator 2 3D
dunkirk
logan lucky

still gotta see spider man and good time and there are a few studio ghibli movies being reshown on theaters this month

lol my local amc theaters are such assholes, they had for the past 2 or 3 weeks a AMC Dolby Digital screening presale of It for thursday night, just today they put up the IMAX tickets. People who bought the Dolby seats have gotta be pissed.

No wonder I don't see you playing any games.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have a free ticket to watch this tonight. I'm going to give it to a friend. Oh well. Parenthood > shitty movie.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I think Pennywise does need to be updated. Clowns are shown as horrific monsters 90% of the time in popular culture these days. and have been for the last 30 years at least.
Pennywise using the clown facade doesnt make sense. no kid would find a clown trustworthy or innocent anymore. To entice a kid, it should be Spiderman, Elsa, or like, Tinkerbell. Getting the licence to do that of course would be nearly impossible.. (kindof sad that anything that would work, would be a trademarked character these days. you probably could do a generic superhero , or public domain one) Tinkerbell would be in public domain. Although, not the Disney version.
But yeah, imagine Spiderman or Tinkerbell pulling the "we all float down here" lines.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I always got the impression in the book that the clown facade wasn't as good as It thought it was.
the evil orangey eyes were probably a dead giveaway if the sinister expression wasnt. even the adults knew that pennywise was bad to be around, they just ignored their instincts and the murdered kids did the same. i mean if all the kids loved clowns he would have a much higher body count than the dozen or so missing kids every 27 years.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I think Pennywise does need to be updated. Clowns are shown as horrific monsters 90% of the time in popular culture these days. and have been for the last 30 years at least.
Pennywise using the clown facade doesnt make sense. no kid would find a clown trustworthy or innocent anymore. To entice a kid, it should be Spiderman, Elsa, or like, Tinkerbell. Getting the licence to do that of course would be nearly impossible.. (kindof sad that anything that would work, would be a trademarked character these days. you probably could do a generic superhero , or public domain one) Tinkerbell would be in public domain. Although, not the Disney version.
But yeah, imagine Spiderman or Tinkerbell pulling the "we all float down here" lines.
yeah i'm sure Disney will be quick to sign off on one of their most valuable IP being portrayed as murdering and torturing children. smart brain you got there.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
yeah i'm sure Disney will be quick to sign off on one of their most valuable IP being portrayed as murdering and torturing children. smart brain you got there.

Tigger-Shere-Khan-78965.gif

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
90% on RT with some 90 reviews seems pretty solid for a horror movie.