It (2017)

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
fuck u faggot. we gots better horror.

Your scary movies involve enimic naked children.

The only scary thing about that is how much Asian media is laced with pedophiliac mental health issues.

Also anime is shit.
...mostly.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just saw it. I liked it. The kids were funny and I laughed out loud at basically every joke. Sometimes I felt a sense of dread when it was a shot for shot remake of the original It. But a whole lot was changed too. It was good. Really good. As said above, a really good movie that happens to be horror. It was not a typical shit horror film.

One thing that bothered me... when Pennywise got George, in the original, doesn't George ask if the balloon floats and then he says 'yes, they all float, and you'll float too." That exchange didn't happen in this movie, so when they kept saying "float" it felt like it wouldn't make any sense if you hadn't seen the original or read the book.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just saw it. I liked it. The kids were funny and I laughed out loud at basically every joke. Sometimes I felt a sense of dread when it was a shot for shot remake of the original It. But a whole lot was changed too. It was good. Really good. As said above, a really good movie that happens to be horror. It was not a typical shit horror film.

One thing that bothered me... when Pennywise got George, in the original, doesn't George ask if the balloon floats and then he says 'yes, they all float, and you'll float too." That exchange didn't happen in this movie, so when they kept saying "float" it felt like it wouldn't make any sense if you hadn't seen the original or read the book.
it was a pivotal line in the book. its repeated quite a few times. if they left that out then its a shame. perhaps it was in the original cut, but was later edited out for some reason.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
http://sundaypost.org/2017/09/09/monroe-woman-dies-in-cinema-while-watching-it-remake/

A 41-year-old woman died in a Monroe cinema auditorium Friday while watching a screening of Stephen Kings horror movie remake, IT.
The incident occurred at the Cinemark Cinema in Monroe, a town in the Ouachita parish, Louisiana. The cinema-goer attended the new release screening with friends and had complained of chest pains and difficulty breathing during one the film’s climax scenes. According to witnesses, the woman let out a large scream and then collapsed in her seat.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm immediately reminded of the new season of Bojack Horseman when they discuss the mass shootings, "How can we spin this as positive for the movie? Oh yeah but also thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers."

Fantastic reboomake and looking forward to Chapter 2. Also I wonder how weird it must be in the Skarsgard family now that your little brother is gonna be known as the creepy clown.

• 2Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The new kids on the block shit and that kid from stranger things were both hilarious, overall just a great movie.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
it was a pivotal line in the book. its repeated quite a few times. if they left that out then its a shame. perhaps it was in the original cut, but was later edited out for some reason.

It was shocking it wasn't in there. Like the whole scene is copied shot by shot, chasing the waxed boat in the rain, down the drain, and then a clown, balloon, but Georgie doesn't ask if they float!

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's odd, cause I remember seeing promo posters for this with the tagline "You'll float too..."

Caliane

yeah, ever review I'm seeing is nothing but praise.

all saying the same things.
"looks great. well acted. shot fantastic. very creepy.
A bit too many obvious jumpscares, but nothing as obnoxious as blumhouse baghul."

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It was shocking it wasn't in there. Like the whole scene is copied shot by shot, chasing the waxed boat in the rain, down the drain, and then a clown, balloon, but Georgie doesn't ask if they float!

Hmm...I seem to recall Pennywise saying "We all float" or something to that extent when he's talking to Georgie.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Hmm...I seem to recall Pennywise saying "We all float" or something to that extent when he's talking to Georgie.

I found the clip, I was curious if he even mentioned "floating", because Georgie sure as heck didn't even ask if the balloons float. It doesn't look like it's even mentioned. To me, it just makes it weird that they skipped this one key part that sets up the repetitive use of floating by Pennywise. Does anyone have the book they can screenshot the page to see the original conversation between Pennywise and Georgie?

I'm definitely not shitting on the movie, it was really good, I just felt like this was a big stumble.

Edit: the above scene from 2017 is definitely cut and not full - because Pennywise definitely says how there is a full circus, and offers him a balloon. Damn.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember the kid screaming "WE ALL FLOAT" over and over when they're in the lair but not Pennywise. I didn't come in with any expectations not even really knowing the original and it just seemed like an awesome scary movie. It felt more like watching Saw for the first time instead of some normal run of the mill scary movie. The small comedic parts in a movie with tense scenes made me let my guard down, it was just really well done.

This shit though man just lol...
upload_2017-9-10_11-31-45.png

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Is this going to be a two parter? I've seen the original, just not this one yet. Glad it's doing well despite an R rating. Studios usually dumb things down to get a wider audience ;\

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The first hour of this movie drags hard. They needed to spend way less time setting up the kids getting to know each other. Georgie dyig so early was also a little meh.

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Saw it today with the woman, I liked it, and she's sworn off ever going to another horror movie again, so I suppose that says something (she is 100% serious too, she's just done with the genre, she thought it was a well made movie, but she just doesn't enjoy wanting to scream for 2 hour straight, haha).

I think my only real complain was with the bully side story aspect. Why was that needed at all? I felt like the whole movie would have been better off without any of that stuff, because A.) the kid is a straight up insane person which seems out of place in an otherwise grounded "normal world but with a monster" story, and B.) Ultimately he doesn't matter to the story anyway. I feel like if you ask the question "Would the movie be better if all that bully stuff was cut?" the answer would be yes. Maybe his story sets something up for a future film? I don't really know.

To counter that complaint, I really liked what the film did to every adult. Almost every adult the kids saw seemed odd and false, like they were in layers of prosthetic makeup or something. I guess the exception would be a couple of the really creepy adults, who looked normal, but in an obvious creepy/dangerous way. I haven't read anything into it, but my guess was that the filmmaker wanted the audience to see things from the kids perspective, where adults seem to either be a clear danger, or slightly alien/weird/different in a way that. That's how I took it anyway, but who knows. Was a neat effect no matter what the reasoning was, just one more touch that made everything seem ugly.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Saw it today with the woman, I liked it, and she's sworn off ever going to another horror movie again, so I suppose that says something (she is 100% serious too, she's just done with the genre, she thought it was a well made movie, but she just doesn't enjoy wanting to scream for 2 hour straight, haha).

I think my only real complain was with the bully side story aspect. Why was that needed at all? I felt like the whole movie would have been better off without any of that stuff, because A.) the kid is a straight up insane person which seems out of place in an otherwise grounded "normal world but with a monster" story, and B.) Ultimately he doesn't matter to the story anyway. I feel like if you ask the question "Would the movie be better if all that bully stuff was cut?" the answer would be yes. Maybe his story sets something up for a future film? I don't really know.

To counter that complaint, I really liked what the film did to every adult. Almost every adult the kids saw seemed odd and false, like they were in layers of prosthetic makeup or something. I guess the exception would be a couple of the really creepy adults, who looked normal, but in an obvious creepy/dangerous way. I haven't read anything into it, but my guess was that the filmmaker wanted the audience to see things from the kids perspective, where adults seem to either be a clear danger, or slightly alien/weird/different in a way that. That's how I took it anyway, but who knows. Was a neat effect no matter what the reasoning was, just one more touch that made everything seem ugly.

Well.. the main bully's role isn't over yet. I don't think this is a spoiler considering the original has been out for 30 years.