It Follows

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Comes out late February and has been getting some decent press (supposedly similar in quality to the Babadook which I thought was solid). Looking forward to it!

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
When you rub more than two brain cells together you'd see there was a lot more to that movie than a little kid screaming. It was actually a pretty clever story about grief and anger.

But if you were expecting mindless horror I can see how you'd not like it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was my ear cells that have a problem with a kid screaming for 90 minutes. I couldnt tell how that was clever.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
you thought a 90 minute film of a little kid screaming was solid?
Is this in regard to It Follows, or some other inside squabble you two are having? I'm really fucking confused right now, unless it is already out on torrents or something.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Is this in regard to It Follows, or some other inside squabble you two are having? I'm really fucking confused right now, unless it is already out on torrents or something.
read the OP, dude said babadook was solid, i asked if he thought 90 minutes of some freaky kid screaming was considered solid. its out on video. its supposed to be one of those is it really happening kind of flicks. i think its a chick horror flick. i wouldnt know because the little shit kept acting the fool

• 1Picard

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I get it now, you were referring to that Babadook movie. I've never heard of it, so had no clue that's what you meant. I can't stand the "it's really happening" horror shit, so I'll just take your word for it.

This movie didn't strike me as overtly terrible, or full of a little kid screaming, so that's part of why I was confused.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh, I get it now, you were referring to that Babadook movie. I've never heard of it, so had no clue that's what you meant. I can't stand the "it's really happening" horror shit, so I'll just take your word for it.

This movie didn't strike me as overtly terrible, or full of a little kid screaming, so that's part of why I was confused.
this is the trailer for that bababooey movie.

• 1Picard

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
this is the trailer for that bababooey movie.
Jesus fuck that looked terrible. I'll just accept your review of it and move on...unless someone tells me his cousin, Baba Ghanoush, makes an appearance. He was always Kenny Blankenship's favorite.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This is now the Babadook movie thread: it was really good, Astrocreep is wrong. Really I am not sure how you can miss the point on a movie that hard. It seems like you weren't interested or paying attention at all.

I am really looking forward to this movie (the thread is about It Follows again). Did anyone see it yet? Any other cool horror movies coming out soon?

Simas_sl

shitlord
I saw It Follows the other day. It's good. The ending isn't great, but it's solid overall. If you like horror movies, or arty movies, you should def see it.

Troll_sl

shitlord
This is now the Babadook movie thread: it was really good, Astrocreep is wrong. Really I am not sure how you can miss the point on a movie that hard. It seems like you weren't interested or paying attention at all.

I am really looking forward to this movie (the thread is about It Follows again). Did anyone see it yet? Any other cool horror movies coming out soon?
Oh fuck. I almost listened to Astrocreep's opinion on a movie. Thanks. That was close.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, that shitty trailer makes me want to believe in Astro. He isn't *always* wrong you know!

So, Baba Ghanoush, in the movie or not? That's still about the only way I'm watching it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't know what that is, bro. It's an Australian movie, but the themes are pretty universal. There is no real reveal, one of those you get it or you don't movies.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The kid in babadook was pretty annoying I'll give him that. The movie definitely had symbolism and deeper meaning going on there. It was pretty in your face but if you flat out felt like ignoring it and taking it as a straight forward horror movie, yeah then the movie is going to suck.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Fantastic horror movie. Best I've seen in years. Truly creepy, with an underlying subtext about sex that gets under your skin. It also had an 80's vibe, and these quiet meditative moments where nothing much happens, kind of like the movie "Drive." It felt like a movie from a different time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

i never said the rest of the movie was bad, i said i couldnt enjoy the movie because of that annoying kid. if you like that shit, more power to you.