IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Grats, good to hear you are settling in well, sounds like the move is paying off reasonably well so far.

Hope things get more fun for ya fast to help motivate and keep the brain engaged and away from boredom ( and FoH) !
And may the motivation be strong enough to carry you through the crap that always comes along eventually hehe.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh there's plenty of crap. I've never been at an organization that had so much useless training and classes along with so much paper everywhere.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My friends manager actually told him to do the training on his own time outside of work. That's fucked up , at least to me.

Vinen

God is dead
My friends manager actually told him to do the training on his own time outside of work. That's fucked up , at least to me.

Pretty sure this is illegal for a Government contractor to do. That is billable hours which is used to then charge the government. Contractors have to be honest on the hours that are spent due to bidding, contract, etc, etc...

moontayle

Golden Squire
Walked in this morning to find out that a proof of concept I showed my boss last week has been sold and needs to be ready by next month.

O... okay.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
So, been in the new position here for a bit now. Feels like fucking months man. Its been a goddamn whirlwind. I'm currently juggling a bunch of stuff and having an absolute blast. Feels like an entirely different company from this perspective. I still handle a few trouble calls/tickets here and there, but mostly handle project work. Yes, I do a lot of the work myself as well, but it just feels fun.

Gotten to touch my hand into web development too, a bit, as one of the biggest pushes is redesigning our template for customer websites.

I'm rocking shit and having a blast, plus I got to see the projections for my bonus check for Q4. Goddamn sweet moneys.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I got a new office and it is much, much, quieter. I don't sit next to two guys who look and act EXACTLY like Statler and Waldorf all day.

Vinen

God is dead
I got a new office and it is much, much, quieter. I don't sit next to two guys who look and act EXACTLY like Statler and Waldorf all day.

I wish I got an office. IC (We have a Director level IC without one...) don't get them in my building. Don't even have enough for Managers. I tend to ditch the office and head home when I have a large block of phone meetings instead of taking them from the office in a phone room.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I wish I got an office. IC (We have a Director level IC without one...) don't get them in my building. Don't even have enough for Managers. I tend to ditch the office and head home when I have a large block of phone meetings instead of taking them from the office in a phone room.

Yeah but you make a lot of money and are super important.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You guys call him out when he does it but there wasn't anything there. Give it a rest.