IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
In general I read the 3* reviews on a place to get a feel. Works for most product reviews as well.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Losing our senior dev this week. She's been here 10 years. Nice little bombshell before the new year begins.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, one week to the day after the big in person interview the recruiter said they are making me a verbal offer. Time to fill stuff out, pee in cups, and so on. If everything goes well I will be an engineer again in 32 days.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I made 68.8k this year at my 40k a year job.

I literally don't know if that's great or sad.

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After doing mostly tech debt, code cleanup, "nice to have" and things for China stuff I'm finally starting on my first major project. It is actually going to be customer facing and its something I think the players will be pretty excited about. Obviously I can't say too much about it right now but it should launch in 2017. If things go smoothly near the end of the first half. If not (and more likely) more around blizzcon time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
After doing mostly tech debt, code cleanup, "nice to have" and things for China stuff I'm finally starting on my first major project. It is actually going to be customer facing and its something I think the players will be pretty excited about. Obviously I can't say too much about it right now but it should launch in 2017. If things go smoothly near the end of the first half. If not (and more likely) more around blizzcon time.
Awesome! Grats, enojoy C++ *snicker*, its a big *promotion* from Java hehe. Hope you have a blast. :)

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Visual Basic is a promotion from Java at this point. Fuck Oracle.
Lol... I remember a friend of mine wanted to woo me away from C and Unix @ the time when Java was about to be *hot*..... glad I did not buy into the hype, even though eventually I had to break down to work with it hehe. It is a decent tool for some things still, just sucks when its wielded by an Evil Overlord from hell suing the f*ck out people because their old world profit model is going the way of the dodo :-(.

I wish Sun was still around, or that they had open sourced Java .... *sigh*, about as usefull as wishing Motorolla was still in the CPU business tho =p.
Even though it was the dark ages of the pre dawn of the PC, things were more interesting in the 8bit and 16 bit days when assembly was FUN! F*!@#$%CK x86!. Maybe the Chinese will start coming out with something cool of their own soon.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
I made 68.8k this year at my 40k a year job.

I literally don't know if that's great or sad.
Hollidays is as good a time as any to post this @ everyone chasing the allmighty $'$..... please put in some consideration to taking more time OFF too to enjoy your youth, seriously :) It is a good idea. Jobs in some form (even better ones if you are working so hard and hopefully learning) will still be there years and even decades later .... your youth will not however.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
While the language hasn't formally been discussed there is a 99% chance it'll be Java backend at least
*Might* be a good idea to contemplate being proactive and play with a pet C++ project @ home and be prepared to *offer* your services and step in proactively in a practical manner if/when the opportunity arises. From what I hear proactive creativity is rewarded where you are @ generally speaking: have fun with it and do not be afraid to go out on a limb =).... and *cough* *cough*......and spill the beans ever so cautiously and gently when you can of course =)
*wink*