IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone speak into current tech hiring situation? Are you seeing an influx of applications? Has your company slowed and stopped hiring? Etc

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Still hiring. In fact we have two new developers that were just brought on board this week, completely remote hiring process.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Still hiring. In fact we have two new developers that were just brought on board this week, completely remote hiring process.
Influx of applicants about the same prior to covid?

Khane

I can't speak to how many applicants there are, I just know we are still hiring. I'm a consultant with an indefinite contract so I guess I should say "they are still hiring", not we.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
We're still hiring. COVID, in some nebulous way that HR doesn't seem to want to explain, has really slowed down the process. But the actual demand is still there.

As for applicants, no idea. The amount of Indians that apply to a job could double and it would still look like interminable flood of low quality candidates.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
We stopped hiring, but we had already stopped hiring for our dept. Company-wide, I think we are still hiring. Telecom hasn't been hit, if anything business is up.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone speak into current tech hiring situation? Are you seeing an influx of applications? Has your company slowed and stopped hiring? Etc
Companies are definitely hiring network and telecom people like crazy. I am getting flooded with more unsolicited interview requests than I know what to do with.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Responding to interview requests seems like a very unMist thing to do, please stay in character

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Company froze opens, but some groups inside (like mine) are still hiring. I'll be doing interviews for one position in a few days and then hiring on two contractors until we decide how to fully structure the team.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Anyone use lombok at all?

Debating whether to give it a shot to clean up java boilerplate or say fuck it and go all kotlin. Leaning towards the latter. Plz no jvm hate, you savages 😉.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
My MSP I started at in March has hired 5 people since I started. I'm at 60 days tomorrow, whew bennies kick in! IT has been full steam ahead. Almost all of our customers have had limited contraction or slowing of their businesses, outside of going remote.

• 1Like

Khane

For all you Mouse without Borders people. Any of you have any luck running it with a VPN? I have to run Cisco AnyConnect on my work laptop but when I do MWB just constantly drops connection or doesn't recognize my keyboard, etc.