IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You could be a government employee and also suck off the teat of the government. Talk about double dipping!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've never cared too much about income beyond the "I need this much money to pay for my family and buy us stuff"

I have no delusions of owning a mansion or anything

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think you'd be pretty unimpressed with the "fun" of the work at a government job. They all have enormous amounts of red tape and bureaucracy. There is a reason rocket scientists want to work at SpaceX instead of NASA these days.

Vinen

God is dead
I think thats a bit unfair. The actual salary may be lower but the benefits are generally very, very good.
I don't know. The benefits in the private sector have been 1000X better for me in terms of pay to benefit.

But what do I care.

I get 4 months of 100% pay Paternal Leave off in Jan thanks to my companies new policy. Work for shitty companies and you will get shitty benefits.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
"unlimited"
I thought you were going to reply with "umlimited"
rrr_img_137185.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Interviews lined up.

Either I'm really lucky when I search for jobs or my skill in C is desirable because everyone hates it.

Also might need to travel to china......... not really happy with that.

Vinen

God is dead
Interviews lined up.

Either I'm really lucky when I search for jobs or my skill in C is desirable because everyone hates it.

Also might need to travel to china......... not really happy with that.
China is awesome. I'd love to get sent there for work.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Lined up another interview for a small company

not really interested in them but feeling it out anyways. The defense place is 20 minutes from my house (Vinen knows it for sure now).

Both these positions are C++ gigs, which I've done professionally in the past, so I hope they don't mind that I've been doing C and assembly for 3ish years.

One guy asked me a question I couldn't answer. He asked about reading a register and what c keyword I'd use to ensure the read was successful. Apparently "if" was wrong so I don't know what he was going on about...

Vinen

God is dead
Lined up another interview for a small company

not really interested in them but feeling it out anyways. The defense place is 20 minutes from my house (Vinen knows it for sure now).

Both these positions are C++ gigs, which I've done professionally in the past, so I hope they don't mind that I've been doing C and assembly for 3ish years.

One guy asked me a question I couldn't answer. He asked about reading a register and what c keyword I'd use to ensure the read was successful. Apparently "if" was wrong so I don't know what he was going on about...
Actually don't know them down that way. If it was further north I'd say Raytheon (endemic to MA. Actually it's probably Raytheon.) or Lincoln Labs.