It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's not actually one take, but neither was Birdman. Still a cool style and I loved the film so this really worked for me.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that birdman episode was spectacular.

Don't be a stupid bitch, Dee. Oh that stupid bitch, that stupid bitch.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They fucked up the Carmine's sign at the start. First shot it had more words on it than the second. Entire episode is invalid.

But yeah, that shit was fantastic. I wouldn't say it proves Charlie is the smart or sane one in general, but that it focused on his particular brand of insane off-kilter genius. Though it is another bit of evidence that he is slightly less insane than the rest of them. If for no other reason than the clearly gradual escalation of the rest of the gang's insanity while he's stayed relatively steady.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I thought Frank stole the episode. "I flush things to stay in control" and painting on shirts and shoes had me rolling.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They fucked up the Carmine's sign at the start. First shot it had more words on it than the second. Entire episode is invalid.

But yeah, that shit was fantastic. I wouldn't say it proves Charlie is the smart or sane one in general, but that it focused on his particular brand of insane off-kilter genius. Though it is another bit of evidence that he is slightly less insane than the rest of them. If for no other reason than the clearly gradual escalation of the rest of the gang's insanity while he's stayed relatively steady.
It makes me all the prouder to be someone that associates himself most strongly with Charlie IRL. (Well, besides finances - even when I was HR, half the time I'd do "Charlie Work" when I got wind of it because I just didn't have any qualms about doing it and felt like taking it easy on people)

spronk

FPS noob
yeah great episode but it was weird seeing charley having his shit together and makes me question whether all the other shows have all been lies told from unreliable narrator POVs, I really expected a weird "Charley is in a fucked up paint thinner haze" post credits shot but I'm glad they didn't.

iannis

Musty Nester
Charlie is an idiot savant. He's great at Charlie Work and a barely functional retard at everything else.

Charlie has those brief flashes of competence in the run of the show. Even though he's illiterate he wrote that musical, the waitress episode at the beach he was cogent, the one Flowers for Charlie episode where they gave him the placebo smart pills.

He'd be a lot less funny if he was just a failed abortion all the time.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Wiki has a nice little write up of Charlie.

"Charlie is, however, something of an idiot savant, displaying natural talent as a pianist, music composer, playwright, choreographer, tailor, and hockey player. He is also very capable of devising intricate, Machiavellian schemes, manipulating other characters to his own ends. He particularly displays this in season 8, when he seduces and manipulates a beautiful and wealthy girl named Ruby before insulting, rejecting, and humiliating her in front of a packed mansion of guests, merely because the Waitress finally acknowledged his presence in her life. This showed the darker side of Charlie's persona, illustrating the sheer depth of his obsession with the Waitress and his capacity for cruelty.

Charlie is the only one of the Gang who displays any real work ethic, being the only one taking on less-desirable work around the bar, work referred to as "Charlie work" by the rest of the Gang. Also, in the various episodes where he and the Gang get jobs outside the bar, he tends to have the most hustle. Overall, he seems to be the least morally bankrupt member of the Gang."
Also keep in mind Frank is still possibly his father(right?). And who else on the show has proven to be ridiculously capable in some areas while also being a complete mental case and half idiot in most?

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Don't be a stupid bitch, Dee. Oh that stupid bitch, that stupid bitch.
When Charlie went on the Dee is a stupid bitch rampage I was absolutely dying. So much so, that I had to rewind that scene and watch it again right after. It was brilliant.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes, this weeks episode was pretty good. (not as good as last week, imo)
It was an episode that Cricket wrote - David Hornsby episodes are by nature always in the top 2-3 in each of their seasons. Dude needs to write more often.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Goddamnit do not try to take a drink while watching this season. Dee's hair getting caught in the machinery caused me to do a sort of half spit-take that resulted in a violent combination of coughing and laughter that left me nice and sore. Damn good episode.