iZombie

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Man that twist at the end of the most recent episode.
blown2.gif

I feel like that twist could have easily been written in a way that was a lot more hokey. They did a good job leading up to it to not make it seem as contrived as it could have.

Real bummed that the show is over after this season.

Cybsled

It was a twist, but kind of random and contrived. Pretty clear he is bean pole bob and made the tainted utopian batch, but they had to give him a history. But he should know Liv is his daughter already.

I still like the show, but you can tell they’ve had problems figuring out where to go story wise after outing zombies.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah definitely a bit random and contrived, but could have been a lot worse in other hands.

I hadn't made the connection that he's Bean Pole Bob yet, but it would make sense.

Cybsled

His last name is Roberts and Bob is a nickname for Robert. Plus when we first meet the guy, he is chugging little bottles or whatever. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are utopian bottles he crafted.

1) he creates the tainted utopium and turns into a zombie after using the drug
2) decides to make more zombies for reasons. Maybe he thinks turning Liv into a zombie will be a way to get closer? That would suggest she wasn’t supposed to be killed, but wouldn’t Blane know that since he attacked everyone?
3) he becomes powerful for reasons...Filmore Graves seems to have a sub faction that answers to him
4) wants zombies only for reasons

He literally didn’t exist until this season, so his motivations will be thin and will require retcon unless they’re really good at writing

Cybsled

Series finale is tonight. My guess is they make a cure and it is like what Ravi took. Doesn’t 100% cure you, but you aren’t contagious anymore. You basically have the memory consumption powers and zombie rage powers still and once a month you need some brains.

But maybe that means Liv or Major stay a zombie so they can cure medical conditions. Seems like a big plus if the medical condition stays cured after they take a zombie cure.

I think Blaine will get killed by Don-E after he finds out Blaine killed his girl.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Finally finished this off. Sad to see it end. Was really good show to watch without being too heavy

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm a few episodes into Season 5

Ravi
The annoying thing about him now being a zombie is that he should totally be on brains also to get double visions. And when they go on covert operations and he's awkward and Liv is superior because of her brain, well he should be on that brain too.

Major
Liv makes Major a special meal and Major said no thanks I'd rather eat my tubes and be on my own brain. Liv should have said, "Of course I used tubes in the cooking. The memory brains are for work only and not recreational."

Haus

<Silver Donator>
so, did she ascend to a Lovecraftian god in this too?

Oh my sweet summer child... You know this bore about as much resemblance to the source material as Lucifer did, right?

I thought the ending was OK, but could have been better. I think they just wanted to put a pretty bow on it and that's what they did.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Binged the last few seasons and just finished. Ending was OK. Glad they were able to wrap things up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user