J49: An Erotic Life

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fun derail. I saw Everclear and they just kept teasing Sana Monica until the last song of the night..

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ben Folds did that at his Ben Folds and a Piano tour. He'd play the first couple of notes of Brick and just stop, then look at the crowd and go, 'No.'

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Man that sounds like a great Nada Surf concert. Almost every song they have is better than Popular. Still a good song though. Did they play Mother's Day? It is almost topical to J52.
Fair. But this was 2002, at a random small college show in buffalo. Seriously, no one was there because they were big fans. They were seeing whomever played that night, and it happened to be a semi famous group.

Play the song and dance for me, nada surf monkeys.

But after this post I might take a listen to their other stuff.

To keep it on topic....nada surf not playing popular is like Capri not shooting heroin and nearly dying while Johnny cums 40 times.

Play to your strengths kids

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't do concerts often, but I watched a queen cover band a few years ago and they played none of the best queen songs. Can't even remember what all they skipped but I remember no Bohemian Rhapsody and they teased the highlander theme, but instead did Who Wants to Live Forever.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I saw tommy Tutone open for less than jake like 15 years ago, and they opened and closed with 8675309

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Yeah don't play what people are paying you to hear. Awesome!
I hate when I got see a band who had one big radio hit. A bunch of frat bros show up and just stand there motionless until they play their hit, then they bro out.

I don't fault any band for trying to avoid that.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I saw Jason Bonham recently and they didn't even play the best Zep songs. It was all the rambling stuff that you can't cover properly without Page and Plant high on drugs. Like 20 minutes of The Song Remains the Same, 30 minutes of acoustic hug fest solo heavy version of Going to California.

They did some OK usual numbers but meh, left disappointed. Glad the GF paid so I couldn't be too angry.

Worst ever was free concert for Flock of Seagulls a couple years ago downtown. Hoooleeee Shiiiit did their set suck.

I don't do concerts often, but I watched a queen cover band a few years ago and they played none of the best queen songs. Can't even remember what all they skipped but I remember no Bohemian Rhapsody and they teased the highlander theme, but instead did Who Wants to Live Forever.
God, who wants to live forever is so fucking depressing. I hope they at least played...

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Probably one of the best bands I've ever seen live is weezer
Man, I've seen Weezer three times and thought they were one of the weakest bands I've ever seen live. Also, not one of their sets was over 20-30 minutes long, and they headlined 2 of the 3 shows, was super annoying. Love the music, but wouldn't be interested in seeing them again unless it was free.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Seriously. Back to the hookers and blow.

We should probably figure out a dead man's switch for J49. If he doesn't post about his adventures for, say, 72h, we assume the wife has offed him and is in the process of burying him in the back yard, and we send this entire thread to his local newspaper. Yeah?

A friend (cop) busted this prostitute coming out of the woods with a "john." The prostitute said she was just in the woods writing in her journal. Why do prostitutes write journals? wtf?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
So let me debunk a couple of myths:

There's really nothing a lawyer can do to protect your assets in a divorce except argue over the settlement. The best way to protect your assets in a divorce legally would be either a pre-nup or post-nup but these can be tricky as almost all states have a lot of rules regarding them and a lot of ways for the disadvantaged spouse to get out of them.

The best way to protect your assets illegally (especially like in Johnny's case as he has no idea where the money is) is to keep it secret. Withdraw cash every week and keep it hidden. Act like you spent it. The court can't divide money the spouse doesn't know about. In high dollar divorces they hire forensic accountants and shit to find all the cash. In your typical $80k earner household? The contentious divorce itself will practically bankrupt the participants, so they aren't hiring those experts, most likely. If you can hide some money where the other person doesn't suspect it, you can probably get away with it.

If I were to guess, Johnny has no idea where the wife's money (and his money) is going, so his chances of getting his hands on that shit in a divorce? Zero

Secondly, there's really no reason to be "nice" prior to filing in a divorce... the courts aren't going to care about that and there's no proof of it anyway, so you can say you were nice whether you were or werent. The divorce trials I've seen have all been cases of who can tell the most outlandish lies/stories about the other to get sympathy from the jury. Yes, we have jury trials in TX for divorce! It's glorious Jerry Springer fun.

Thirdly, the wife cannot kick him out. It's his house and she cannot make him leave short of calling the police and claiming he hit her. One thing that WILL get you fucked over quickly in the courts is locking the other person out or physically removing them from the home. This isn't acceptable. The man can't do it and neither can the female. Now you can leave voluntarily but you don't have to. If the other person wants to leave thats on them.

Johnny53

Vyemm Raider
this is how it will play out....based on my 25 years with this woman
we will stay together until my youngest goes to college...he is a freshman, she will not jeopardize his education
by the time he goes to college we will either have reconciled or we will get a divorce
personally. i am hoping for a divorce, she says she will buy me out of the house,
i will have that plus my salary and spend the rest of my days banging the latest 20 something junkie whores, maybe even have one move in with me

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
this is how it will play out....based on my 25 years with this woman
we will stay together until my youngest goes to college...he is a freshman, she will not jeopardize his education
by the time he goes to college we will either have reconciled or we will get a divorce
personally. i am hoping for a divorce, she says she will buy me out of the house,
i will have that plus my salary and spend the rest of my days banging the latest 20 something junkie whores, maybe even have one move in with me
rrr_img_128929.jpg