Jedi Fallen Order (By Respawn Entertainment)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ohhh shiiittt it's Saturday night and Ut is home alone! watch out!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Started to play this tonight, thinking I've gotta get ahead of spronk spronk , but then realized immediately it would be a fun game to play with the wife sitting around due to all the cut scenes, and story. So "wasted" $15, as now I'm gonna go buy it on Ps4 so she can watch, but it should be a good time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Im enjoying it a lot. I am very much NOT a Dark Souls type parry-combat person so I'm finding this all a bit rough, but Im enjoying it in a "I want to throw the controller" kinda way. Cameron Monahan is easy on the eyes and a great choice to lead a new gaming franchise. He's not only a dude but a white GINGER dude for fuck's sake and that seems almost exotic at this point of pansexual diversity.

BD-1 (buddy) is cute and a good game mechanic and it manages to be much more subdued than the old Jedi Knight or Force Unleashed games not only because of all the Uncharted traversing puzzles, but also because the force powers you get are reasonable rather than being some dude we've never heard of before who can bring down a Star Destroyer etc. Given the era this is set in I'm expecting the end to be something tragic, but they might do something fun with it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't really know much about cameron monahan... but cal kestis has tiny little chicken legs and it actually bothers me watching him run around because i can't figure out how an athletic jedi has so little actual muscle mass. like i don't need the rock running around with a lightsaber... but his body just looks frail.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
i don't really know much about cameron monahan... but cal kestis has tiny little chicken legs and it actually bothers me watching him run around because i can't figure out how an athletic jedi has so little actual muscle mass. like i don't need the rock running around with a lightsaber... but his body just looks frail.

Who needs muscles when you have the force.

• 1Like

Vorph

I suggest anyone who isn't really good at parry timing in these sorts of games play on Jedi Knight. It gives a big increase in the parry window, but the other damage dealt/received changes aren't so large that it feels like playing on Jedi Game Journalist difficulty. IMO the combat is a lot less fun if you aren't winning most fights via parry -> counter combos and you're missing out on the best animations.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah like 90% of the time i do pretty good with parry's but then there's the 10% of the fights that become super frustrating because shit off screen is killing you or the mob gets you stuck in weird angle geometry and nothing you do seems to let you escape. One nice thing is you can "cheese" skill points just by finding a good spot where there are 4-5 mobs near a med point, killing them and stimming wildly, and resting to respawn them. Check your XP and if you get a nice chunk then its a good farm spot. I've found at least 7 or 8 so far so the game seems to totally be designed around it. Death really isn't a huge hit in this game either, there are very few points where I've gotten angry about dying unlike DS or Sekiro.

I'm nearing the end I think (gotten most of my skill tree filled up) and I think the first 4-6 hours of the game is fantastic and SUPER fun, then the next 5-10 hours is pretty good, then the game starts getting a bit of a slog and repetitive. You end up going back over the same routes a lot, a bit lost trying to figure out where to go next. Its not awful, the map is pretty good in 3D and it gives you green hints where you want to go but sometimes you run around in circles.

The game honestly I'd compare it most to is Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which is an awful comparison I know (because Shadow suuuucked) but it has a ton of lame collectibles (jesus christ how many tweak does a fucking lightsaber need, this is worse than Pimp My Ride), a lot of worlds to run around in, the maps are fairly large, your skills are honestly all pretty generic and you use parry/dodge/swing like 95% of the time. The bad guy is a bit better in this.

Whoever was raging about that Mad TV chick is spot on though, she is annoying as hell and she is your main NPC so that really sucks. her eyes bug out like a fucking alien too and that shit sucks. Why couldn't they give me a super hot weeb/twilek girl as a mission giver, every mission you complete she takes off an item of clothing.

I'll wait until the end for final results but right now its a 7/10, really fun for a while but doesn't really achieve the greatness of something like Uncharted, God of War, or Spider man and the story and characters are really meh. The environments and immersion are fantastic though. Its Star Wars through and through.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished it, definitely worth €15 for about 20 hours playtime. Ending was okay (hehe) and the game's definitely challenging in Grand Master difficulty. Boring story, some bad characters and lackluster loot system don't really sell the game for €60 though, also most collectibles or secrets are lightsaber skins and ship paints you'll only watch once.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That first lizard miniboss was what really got me better with parry combat rather than button mashing.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Fun game. Definitely not as hard a soulsborne game, but not everything needs to be. It's fun to be a jedi and I hope they release more single player Star Wars experiences in the future also Utnayan is a faggot

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Finished the story and I liked where it ended up. Definitely open for a sequel of some sort.

I would totally be on board with a sequel where you switch back and forth between Cal and Mirran, exploring the Nightsisters feels like rich untapped potential.

spronk

FPS noob
I didn't love the ending that much especially "that" thing that happened and the characters felt pretty unconnected, its too bad we didn't visit a core world or something that woulda been cool to see but yeah I did enjoy the game for its length and would recommend to any fan. Between Mandalorian and this I'm slowly starting to like Star Wars again, I'm sure Episode 9 will fuck that over again.

I finished last night about 30 mins before Gamestop closed and in the middle of the final cutscene I ejected the disc (game crashed lol) and traded in back to gamestop for $59.99, I'll definitely rebuy when its below $30 digitally and 100% the game. I put in about 18 hours over the weekend to finish the main story but still have another 10-15 hours of secrets and stuff to find on the planets. Its too bad everything in chests is just cosmetic crap, woulda liked more cool lore stuff.

I'd drop my rating to 6/10, it gets pretty repetitive after 10 hours, talents are mostly meaningless, and the story and characters are super weak. Not worth $60 but for $15 (PC origin+) or under $30 retail its fun.

I ended up playing Battlefront 2 for 2 hours afterwards, its a really great game in 40 player multiplayer mode in small chunks. I'm sure there are class balance and other issues but just zerging capture points in Star Wars skins is fun. Heros vs Villains is also a really fun mode.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Utnayan Utnayan gave the game a 1
gshurik gshurik hates ut

who is right and who is wrong?

giphy.gif