Jedi Fallen Order (By Respawn Entertainment)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They're probably still paralyzed over the sense of pride and accomplishment debacle, Apex being the biggest thing in the world and then crashing, FIFA being a money printer so why bother with anything else, and everyone hating their fucking guts.

This whole time I thought the discussion was about ANTHEM failing spectacularly, not APEX. Still see people streaming Apex just not as much. Whereas Anthem was a day 1 failure after all the hype.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I still play Apex daily for the most part, and I like their content pushes. Halloween was hilarious, we have Duo's now, and they change the meta around every season. It's also F2P.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
raise your hand if you've pre-ordered this so I know who all the retards are

really helps me in filtering who to take game buying advice from on this forum

thanks!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Waiting on the reviews before dropping 15 on the monthly pass, gotta make sure first. Otherwise I'm powering through on Outer Worlds, Divinity 2 and BL3.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

thanks!

I have it on my gamefly queue so I should be getting it close to launch but not buying it obviously. I'll rent it, beat it, send it packing.

I have a feeling this game will come with about 8 hours of original content and 16 hours of backtracking to pad the game length.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

thanks!

Hopefully no one. No reason to not do the $15 /month, unless there is some badass collector's edition (which there never is).

spronk

FPS noob
pay $59.99 at gamestop tomorrow evening
get $15 fandango code (for any movie)
trade back in sunday nite for $59.99

get on my level, plebs

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

get on my level, plebs
Problem with your plan is you don't ever get your money back! You can transfer it to another eco system through gift cards, but you never get it back!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

get on my level, plebs

Sounds like pirating with extra steps, as the developer wont see any of your money.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

thanks!

I haven’t pre-ordered a game since the Wrath of the Lich King collector edition.

Fuck ever pre-ordering.

• 1Like

Vorph

So this is basically Respawn's attempt at making Star Souls? I've got it in my GF queue, but I think I'll wait until reviews drop and if they're at all favorable I can't see any reason not to spend the $15 and play it on PC at 75+ fps.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lack of content, but also apparently the hype was so big for the game only because they were playing streamers to play their game. They had huge Twitch watchers, then the money for streamers ran out and then the game's popularity crashed.

Paying streamers has been a common tactic for years now. I think the explosive growth was more that people witnessed (and maybe missed) the pubg & fortnite exploding and didn't want to miss the next one. The same thing happened after the Harlem Shake viral meme, all the press tried to hop on a bunch of random shit early.

Siliconemelons

Sounds like pirating with extra steps, as the developer wont see any of your money.

Depends on how things work - but it would count as a sale if the return was for giftcards vs. an "actual" retail return cash for cash. One is a buyback, that is "on the store" the other is a return where it would be pushed back to distributor.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Could of swore it said 10 am last night, but now it says 10 pm

Vorph

Could of swore it said 10 am last night, but now it says 10 pm
Review embargo and Origin release is midnight EST, hasn't changed since I first looked into getting it. Strangely, Steam shows it as 3AM EST, even though it will work the same way Ubisoft games do (Steam launches Origin, which launches the game).

Edit: Can Premier subs preload the game now? I know people are playing it now but it sounds like they bought it rather than subbed to Premier. Word of mouth from people who got the console version early or used a VPN seems pretty positive so far too.

Last edited: