Jedi Fallen Order (By Respawn Entertainment)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The fact of the matter is it's the passable of the worst Star Wars video games since Disney/EA took the helm and overall the entire game is mediocre and bland. Definitely isn't worth buying full price, and as far as Star Wars games as a whole, it's still on the bottom when compared to anything that has been released in it's lifespan.

I still cannot get over the fact they told back story through finding force memories but then "Oh hey go read about it!". Just a cheap ass cop out along with everything else in this game which was a cheap ass cop out to cut cash.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have had that channel pop up in my YT feedback quite often, but I never clicked any of the vids. Holy shit, I was missing out.

Her/their videos are awesome. She is hilarious and the video editing is some of the best I have seen.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok, that chicks videos are fucking amazing. Another one of those, "Why did I not think of that?" ideas... My girlfriend hates everything I do, making her write reviews of me playing a video game would be great!

Haven't played this yet, but sure sounds like it's "Ok/decent" rather than "good" or "bad". Anyone else getting the vibe that Respawn probably had minimal time to work on this (whether they asked for the project, or EA threw it on them), and maybe this first one was a last minute rush to show EA that Respawn can make a lot of money with the Star Wars IP, even with single player games? Maybe it's wishful thinking, but even before this released it seemed like they didn't have much time to make this game.
i've never watched this series, but i clicked around the channel and found a few co-op vids of them playing, she sounds different, it really sounds like he's writing/producing/editing and shes just reading a script cuz shes horrible at co op.

guess i'll just be sticking with that jenny girl with the huge eyes talking in front of the camera

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i've never watched this series, but i clicked around the channel and found a few co-op vids of them playing, she sounds different, it really sounds like he's writing/producing/editing and shes just reading a script cuz shes horrible at co op.

guess i'll just be sticking with that jenny girl with the huge eyes talking in front of the camera

he does write some of them, or parts at least. but i'm not sure what you mean that since she's horrible at playing the game that means she isn't writing them? the whole point of the channel is that she watches her bf play.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
he does write some of them, or parts at least. but i'm not sure what you mean that since she's horrible at playing the game that means she isn't writing them? the whole point of the channel is that she watches her bf play.

She also admits to not being great at games and makes fun of herself. You can see she has improved since they started the series though.

j00t

She also admits to not being great at games and makes fun of herself. You can see she has improved since they started the series though.
i think that's something i appreciate about her. she doesn't pretend to be a gamergurl. she's totally okay being terrible but there's also a sense of passion about gaming that she has; probably because she loves her boyfriend and he's passionate about it. there's something very genuine about the channel. it also helps it's edited wonderfully and they have a great sense of humor

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You know a game sucks when the thread goes to talking about reviewers instead of the game.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
We only liked that because
vader
showed up. 😜

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i simultaneously liked it and also a part of me was just "c'mon..."

the Goose Game girlfriend reviews is also great, they are on twitch and will live stream when they are building their youtube videos so its pretty interesting seeing the "behind the scenes" stuff. Their dog is cute too

Stave

Potato del Grande
Maybe I'm just thirsty for a good SW game. Maybe I haven't played many 2019 games. Maybe this just touches on a perfect mix of my favorite game mechanics (parkour, exploration, metroidvania, puzzles, etc) but this game is easily my top 5 of the year and strong contender for GOTY for me. This was one of the few games in years where I was legit bummed when it ended and just wanted more.

• 1Like

j00t

his solution is legit and the death mechanics on it are retarded.
when i encountered that, i tried to solve it the same way he did because that's what makes sense initially. but the developers don't want you to solve it that way so they put in that dumb death mechanic.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
when i encountered that, i tried to solve it the same way he did because that's what makes sense initially. but the developers don't want you to solve it that way so they put in that dumb death mechanic.

He died because he didn't jump off in time, not where he jumped off. I did the same thing. It's still janky in it's delivery, but one of the tamer instances.

j00t

He died because he didn't jump off in time, not where he jumped off. I did the same thing. It's still janky in it's delivery, but one of the tamer instances.

yes i'm aware, the "puzzle" is designed for you to loop around on those pipes. timing wise you SHOULD be able to make it, and you might actually be able to if you're quick enough, but the game considers you to still be on the turbine (even if you've jumped off it) and does that fade to black reset. the point is that even though it's a simple puzzle, the developers designed it with only a single way to solve it, despite there being visually more solutions.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
yes i'm aware, the "puzzle" is designed for you to loop around on those pipes. timing wise you SHOULD be able to make it, and you might actually be able to if you're quick enough, but the game considers you to still be on the turbine (even if you've jumped off it) and does that fade to black reset. the point is that even though it's a simple puzzle, the developers designed it with only a single way to solve it, despite there being visually more solutions.

Right, we are basically saying the same thing only you said that is WHY they put in the death mechanic and that is what I disagree with.

j00t

Right, we are basically saying the same thing only you said that is WHY they put in the death mechanic and that is what I disagree with.
Oh, yeah, the death mechanic was already set for that turbine. It's in a few other places. The devs just thought they'd be clever and make a puzzle with it but didn't have the forsight to include variations to their answer