JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars movie

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
For serious... I'm excited to see what someone who isn't Lucas can do with the franchise. I just hope the force and lightsabers are back to rare, misunderstood and badass instead of the retarded super-space-police version from the prequels.
If you want to see what star wars is like without Lucas being in complete control, look at the first three movies.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I would go on to say that Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman were well known as well. Yeah, Liam Neeson was and is a pretty big deal....

Watch what you say regarding "if the lens flare is the biggest problem, you'll be ok..." The majority of The Hobbit's publicized issues were regarding the manner it was shot... and I thought mainstream media was going to set it on fire.

Anyway, look for some people from Lost to show up in the new StarWars or people he's close to... He seems to like certain actors and builds relationships with people. That's not a bad thing but you can guarantee he'll want to know who he's dealing with on this project.

Anyway, look for some people from Lost to show up in the new StarWars or people he's close to... He seems to like certain actors and builds relationships with people. That's not a bad thing but you can guarantee he'll want to know who he's dealing with on this project.
I don't really wanna see

4589736724_ed3565097c_z.jpg

as Han Solo Jr.

Like I said, people who have such iconic roles under their belt pull you out of the story, and SW before it sucked was all about story. It's Star Wars not Star Power. They certainly don't need big names for box office draw / marketing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh shit, thats the first thing i thought of too. now hes definitely going to be playing Han Solo jr.

and Jesus Christ, The Edge. get the fuck out of this thread. liam Neeson had been in movies for 20 years prior to his role as fucking qua gone booze. Excalibur, Suspect, Darkman, Leap of Faith and schindler's list were all minor films of no critical or commercial consequence? Natalie Portman? yeah not like she wasnt ever in anything before that. Leon was such a little known film. and as for ewan, well he wasnt really well known as anyone other than his role in trainspotting, but he was hardly a nobody.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
go watch star trek 2: the wrath of khan and then watch j.j. abrams relaunch and you tell me which one is a classic and which one is shit. just because all the other star trek movies were horrible doesn't mean that this one was good. it was just slightly better than a bunch of other ones that were crap. there is literally not one redeeming quality of his version of star trek unless you like movies with horrible plots that make zero sense and a bunch of thrown together for no reason action scenes. but you probably think that "avatar" and "fast and furious 5" were great movies too, and that's abrams' target audience so it doesn't surprise me that so many people would like it.
u r dum. Sorry, just using words you can assimilate. Your opinion couldn't be more wrong and you have no idea what I consider classic cinema. Your dislike of JJ's version of star trek is valid, since retard-neckbeards hate good stuff in favor of stupid shit. Your love of stupid shit is thus noted and will be cataloged appropriately. This isn't the wrath of khan, this is a new version of a beloved series. Your opinion is not only wrong but almost completely invalid. I say almost because there are retard-neckbeards who think the original series and movies are the best shit ever. I am not lumping you in with those retards, but your opinion does lean that direction.

Stop being retarded, k? JJ has the best credentials of modern day directors/producers to make Star Wars awesome again. That is damn near fact as opposed to opinion.

I think Joss Whedon could do a better job than JJ Abrams. Whedon uses lens flare also but it's not as abusive as Abrams.

Regardless of our opinions of who is the best director the choice has already been made so it's pointless to argue over who it should have been.

It will be much more entertaining to point out what Abrams does right or wrong in the film.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
How do all of you guys listing pre ep1 Liam Neeson movies keep leaving out Rob Roy?

And yeah, if Whedon was directing there's a good chance you'd have seen this guy as Solo Jr, which would have been money:

rrr_img_11043.jpg

That said I'm fine with JJ Abrams.

I don't think Nathan Fillion would have been cast as Solo jr in the fantasy world where Whedon was directing. Fillion is a little old for the part I'd think.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't think Nathan Fillion would have been cast as Solo jr in the fantasy world where Whedon was directing. Fillion is a little old for the part I'd think.
Not really. If they end up doing one of the many stories with the Solo kids he would be fine.

He probably could with make up and a little exercise I suppose. I don't watch Castle but I have flipped by it before and he looks a little chubby.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah he has gotten a bit chubby and while he could work out, being a bit chubby for an older guy is really not unusual. Particularly considering what became of him and Leia later in life. It is not like its going to star Han solo.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
oh shit, thats the first thing i thought of too. now hes definitely going to be playing Han Solo jr.

and Jesus Christ, The Edge. get the fuck out of this thread. liam Neeson had been in movies for 20 years prior to his role as fucking qua gone booze. Excalibur, Suspect, Darkman, Leap of Faith and schindler's list were all minor films of no critical or commercial consequence? Natalie Portman? yeah not like she wasnt ever in anything before that. Leon was such a little known film. and as for ewan, well he wasnt really well known as anyone other than his role in trainspotting, but he was hardly a nobody.
LOL, still up shitting movie threads are we? Just because they were in other movies before Episode I doesn't mean shit. No one gave a fuck who Ewan McGregor or Natalie Portman were before Star Wars. And it was because of Star Wars that Liam Neeson's career skyrocketed over the past decade. GTFO

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No, genius. Taken surged neeson again. Natalie Portman got nothing from the prequels. She still is just barely an a list star and thats due to her performance in black swan. Ewan mcgregor has gone on record saying he regrets being in the prequels. So yeah. You gtfo.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a stupid argument. I mean I knew who Ewan McGregor was, but he definitely wasn't a big name. I'd say he was maybe slightly better known than Hayden Christensen. Saying Natalie Portman and Liam Neeson weren't well known is just retarded though, pretty sure everybody knew who those two were.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's a stupid argument. I mean I knew who Ewan McGregor was, but he definitely wasn't a big name. I'd say he was maybe slightly better known than Hayden Christensen. Saying Natalie Portman and Liam Neeson weren't well known is just retarded though, pretty sure everybody knew who those two were.
McGregor was known for Trainspotting alone, he was constantly being talked up as the next young up and coming actor, and he had other quality films under his belt. He wasn't a film icon or anything, but saying he was an unknown is just incorrect and evidence of crack addiction.

And then this moron up there goes on to say no one knew who Natalie fucking Portman was? And Liam Neeson? Oskar fucking Schindler? Taken is what made that dude's late career blossom, certainly not Star Wars.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
McGregor was known for Trainspotting alone, he was constantly being talked up as the next young up and coming actor, and he had other quality films under his belt. He wasn't a film icon or anything, but saying he was an unknown is just incorrect and evidence of crack addiction.

And then this moron up there goes on to say no one knew who Natalie fucking Portman was? And Liam Neeson? Oskar fucking Schindler? Taken is what made that dude's late career blossom, certainly not Star Wars.
Yeah I didn't realize I was replying to post from yesterday, read latest post took me to the end of page 1. However, in catching up on this page I did notice this gem.

Natalie Portman? yeah not like she wasnt ever in anything before that. Leon was such a little known film.
You are such a pretentious faggot. I don't know a single fucking person who refers to The Professional as Leon.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You and the people you know are morons. The name of the movie is known worldwide as Leon.
Yeah, no shit you fucking retard. Except America isn't part of the world, and it's only ever been known as The Professional here. Calling it Leon makes you a pretentious faggot.