JL: The Flashpoint Paradox.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
if i remember correctly, none of the green lanterns have had any significant deaths? maybe hal but i don't really know his pre-GL days very well.
Are we talking strictly pre-hero deaths here?

Also,

DC Wikia_sl said:
Hal Jordan was born in Coast City on February 20th, to parents Martin Jordan and Jessica Jordan, the middle of three children with older brother Jack and a younger brother Jim. As a young child, he idolized his father, a test pilot who worked for Ferris Aircraft.At a very young age, he had to face his greatest fears when his father died in a plane crash right before his eyes.
Guy Gardner was the juvenile delinquent son of an abusive alcoholic father.

DC Wikia_sl said:
Later, his brother Mace was revealed to be a dirty cop after drug dealers shot him and left him paraplegic. Rather than continue living, Mace committed suicide by drowning himself in a river.
DC Wikia_sl said:
Eventually, when Guy's father was dying of liver failure, the two would make peace and spend a week together before the old man passed away

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well at least wonder woman didnt become wonder woman after her parents died. she was born a demigod and her parents are immortal?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
if i remember correctly, none of the green lanterns have had any significant deaths? maybe hal but i don't really know his pre-GL days very well. i mean, they've all had issues to get over but no deaths. right?
In Kyle Rayner's origin story, he came back home, got a beer, and found his GF murdered and stuffed in the fridge. He referenced that for years later.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In Kyle Rayner's origin story, he came back home, got a beer, and found his GF murdered and stuffed in the fridge. He referenced that for years later.
If I was a green lantern I'd make green fuckable versions of all my favorite celebrity whores.

Then I'd fuck them.

Is that against any of their rules?

Akeema

Trakanon Raider
Wonder Woman's origin doesn't involve parents dying, but Hyppolita's story of wanting a child is kind of gruesome. This is post Crisis on Infinite Earths pre New-52.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I was a green lantern I'd make green fuckable versions of all my favorite celebrity whores.

Then I'd fuck them.

Is that against any of their rules?
If I were a GL, I'd spend 0% of my time fighting crime, and 100% of my time being freaky. They need a lust emotion corp bad.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/green-la...pervert-comic/
rrr_img_38647.jpg

rrr_img_38649.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Star Sapphire core says hello.
That's the Love Corps, not the Lust Corps. Screw love, I want to attack sentient beings with large, super powered penises that cum plasma all over the place, and for it to be OK with the higher ups. Face it, no one will want to go on patrol with you if you do that in the GL Corps. In general, it's looked down upon to crush people with 50 foot dicks made out of energy.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
citation needed on the disapproval of giant green dongs crushing enemies of the corp.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The New Teen Titans had a recurring theme of parental issues:

Robin : Parents dead, father-figure kind of a dick and won't actually adopt you
Cyborg : Distant father who was always busy but nevertheless created the cybernetics keeping you alive and also gave you a T-shaped headquarters.
Raven: Mom was raped by an extra dimensional demon who is trying to use you to take over the world
Starfire : Parents sold you into slavery in order to save the planet
Wonder Girl: Adopted but rescued by Wonder Woman from a burning house but all that turns out to be a lie and you are actually a god
Beast Boy: Parents dead adopted by members of the Doom Patrol who also keep dying
Kid Flash: Yer a ginger.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
citation needed on the disapproval of giant green dongs crushing enemies of the corp.
Find me one scan in the history of DC, where a ring wielder threw a 50 foot energy cock at a baddie. It's probably in the fineprint in the oath somewhere, no cocks.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Saw this over the weekend with the wife. She didn't like the degree to which it diverged from other New52 stuff she's been reading. I personally liked it. Nice also to see Nathan Fillion getting more attached to the Hal Jordan role. Thought this was one of the best DCAU movies yet. Wife liked the animation style in DKR 1 & 2, but I had to explain that they were just animating Miller's art.

Since we're going all crazy on different DC shit. Movie dreamcasting... Booster&Beetle "Blue and Gold" movie with James Vanderbeek as Booster and Fillion as Beetle.

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
I was surprised how violent this movie got. No one mentioned red hood taking an arrow to the head. Thought that was pretty badass.