Job Hunting

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You just make the date on the website less useful when you do that lol. How do you think they know what the average salary and ranges are for positions in certain parts of the country? The salary intel on that website is just as useful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Even a dumpster fire can keep you warm in the dead of winter. Without knowing the details I can only advise to talk with your boss regularly about what you need to focus on and just get your shit done.
No worries, I get my work done, just keeping my eyes open for other opportunities. Boss has head squarely up ass.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sooo I guess this is a jimmy unrustle. My final paycheck was paid out at my raise. It just didnt seem like that when I looked at my bank because they ended up taking out a little over a $1000 in taxes in the final paycheck.

Anyways, have a video interview with TSMC Monday for a fab tech position in their new fab here in Phoenix.

You just make the date on the website less useful when you do that lol. How do you think they know what the average salary and ranges are for positions in certain parts of the country? The salary intel on that website is just as useful.
True, but Im generally more interested in what people think of working for xyz company and what they have to say what their actual job ended up being.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Well that was a waste of time. Lady said she feels I wouldnt be a good fit for the position because based on my past experience id be "over qualified".

Ok? Assuming she was being truthful and it wasnt something like like the way I responded or didnt seem enthusiastic enough, why even setup the interview at that point.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You didn't sound desperate enough to take pennies on the dollar for pay.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, why would you pay more when no one wants to do actual work these days?

My warehouse starts at $22, and we legit had a guy walk in, and when asked to fill out his benefits paperwork, he told me he was confused. I told him "Just write your name and address right here." He said (and I swear to god i am not making this up) "I didn't come prepared for this." Okay buddy, just look at your driver's license and that has your address on it. "I don't live there."

This dude legit took out his fucking phone, so he could go to google maps and find the last place he went to so he could write down his goddamned address.

These are the people we get, because no one wants to come to work, do actual work, and get paid to do it.

Did he eventually ask you to sign a form for unemployment saying he was looking for a job?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Did he eventually ask you to sign a form for unemployment saying he was looking for a job?

No, he's still, inexplicably, employed here, because HR won't fire him.

Thankfully, we have a 60 day probationary period, so on day 59 he goes regardless, but its pretty impressive the amount of people we give chances to.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
In my experience, when the term "overqualified," is thrown out, it's usually because they think you will be bored in very short order and either looking to A. leave or B. "improve things." It's hard to gauge that on paper (most people play the resume game), so it's pretty much always decided after talking to you.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well that was a waste of time. Lady said she feels I wouldnt be a good fit for the position because based on my past experience id be "over qualified".

Ok? Assuming she was being truthful and it wasnt something like like the way I responded or didnt seem enthusiastic enough, why even setup the interview at that point.
You need to start wearing a wig and telling them you are a tranny. They will fall over themselves to hire you.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No, he's still, inexplicably, employed here, because HR won't fire him.

Thankfully, we have a 60 day probationary period, so on day 59 he goes regardless, but its pretty impressive the amount of people we give chances to.
Don't wait until day 59. Shit can come up and the guy can snake through. Give yourself a good 10 day buffer zone.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Don't wait until day 59. Shit can come up and the guy can snake through. Give yourself a good 10 day buffer zone.

Not my call. HR is unfortunately on the page of "everyone deserves a chance to succeed." So we give them right up until the wire and shitcan them.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not my call. HR is unfortunately on the page of "everyone deserves a chance to succeed." So we give them right up until the wire and shitcan them.
Bummer. Thats because HR doesnt have to deal with them daily if they squeak through.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I turned off my "looking for work" flag last week. I'm going to put forward a medium to high amount of effort to continue pressing the 5 in-flight interviews that I have at the moment. I have had about 40 phone calls, but I've been real picky about who I proceed with. In total 165 recruiters messaged me on Linkedin in 6 weeks.

It's like my current workplace knows, and I was given a real interesting, challenging project a few weeks ago that is really keeping my attention.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Would you not expect them to be looking at your LinkedIn? Seems like your employer knowing should be the assumption.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
It seems these days that it's more in fashion to give your boss a heads up when you want to leave - which definitely was not the case when I first started working. There's a dude I work with who's not only told everyone he was looking twice in the last 3 years, but also has gotten 2 offers, put in his two weeks twice, and then counter offered to stay twice. He's still with us. I feel like ten years ago he would've been put on shit duty and told to hurry up finding a new job because the company is advertising his replacement already.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Would you not expect them to be looking at your LinkedIn? Seems like your employer knowing should be the assumption.
I don't expect them to keep tabs on everyone... but now that you mention it, what else does HR have to do with nobody in the office fucking each other for the last 2 years?

I have told a few close work friends that I'm looking, but we talk shit 24/7 and this isn't anything different.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
FOH bros, I am considering a big shift in careers. Do we have anyone who works in loans/finance that can point me at a good entry point into the biz? I am looking at junior underwriter jobs online, and they all look pretty straight forward with HS degree and not college degrees or certs as a requirement. Is that what I should be going for? I am mostly just looking for something 100% remote that has full medical for now.