John Smedley hired by Amazon to produce MMOs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Some people have the gift. Know a guy that bankrupted a company that he took over for his father. Afterwards he went to work for a competitor. He was put in charge and they went bankrupt. From being very profitable and in business nearly 50 years to bankrupt in 6 months. He went to work for another competitor in charge again. He conspired with another guy under him to purposely bankrupt the company so they could buy it for pennies on the dollar. The owners wife had cancer and he wasn't on top of it like he should have been. Owner wound up in the poor house and the 2 guys picked up the shop and equipment at auction for pennies on the dollar. In 25 years never once has he been associated with anything remoately profitable or anything that worked out. But he keeps getting hired to run companies.

He got kicked out of college and his dad paid my dad to put him on the payroll so his son wouldn't know. Dad fired him in the first few weeks.

Stupid me I put sales figures and how well stuff worked out on my resume and not companies I bankrupted.

But to say they just needed a bit more time is retarded.
The game was great a few years later once they fixed a lot of things. If they had a team working full time on it, they could have done all the before release, like every other game.

The games engine was such a shitshow from the start, that they constantly introduced new bugs and some issues never got fixed. I don't blame soe for not investing much into it and was rather surprised they kept it going for so long. Let's just hope the Emu releases soon.
That has nothing to do with the engine, and the fact that you still want to play it says a lot...

Vanguard was more like a cheese grater than a boat with one small hole, you moron.
But the holes were fixed, that is the point. It took SOE a few years to fix them to the point that it was a solid game, but they had 2 people working on it part time. SGO had 300 people working on it full time.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Can't find any citation. I read it somewhere and it was from a reliable source, like Brad.

a reliable source, like Brad.

reliable source, Brad.

hqdefault.jpg

Still don't see anything false there.
You are just trolling because that is all you can do. The quote I was talking about was you saying, "engine had nothing to do with Vanguard's failure." I never said that. What I am saying is that the engine wasn't as terrible as people make out because 3 years later it ran great. How do you explain that?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You are just trolling because that is all you can do. The quote I was talking about was you saying, "engine had nothing to do with Vanguard's failure." I never said that. What I am saying is that the engine wasn't as terrible as people make out because 3 years later it ran great. How do you explain that?

bill-oreilly-proves-god-tide-goes-in-tide-goes-out-you-cant-explain-that.jpg