John Smedley hired by Amazon to produce MMOs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The part that surprises me is that they actually listened when players told them the core gameplay sucked and needed a major overhaul.

Hell, you can't con a company out of more money if your shitty game releases and no one is playing. This way, they are still getting paid but not really doing anything. Maybe Smed was better at something than Bradley, the long con. Sony is happy this burden is no longer theirs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
One thing ive learned that always holds true...if you have a history of getting millions im VC, you will continue to get VC. Even if you fail miserably.

Smed hasnt failed miserably, so its easy mode for him.

EQ still made monies and their zombie game made big monies. Nothing else to prove

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
We have no sympathy for patients who come into the ER with variceal bleeds due to chronic alcohol intake. All it means is that you get a rapid transfusion protocol in place and a ride to the ICU for a few days. Silly alcoholics, go to marijuana.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I just got an email from my amazon account about this game. Guess something is happening soon

• 1Like

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Not interested in a colonial MMO in the slightest, yet alone another PvP one.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I can’t wait til that new colonial MMO from the guy who fucked up his last several game attempts!

Said fucking no one, ever.

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This genre sucks so horrifically bad, I'll take any reveal I can get... Even if it's a 1% chance this guy can actually lead a team to make a good game.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think a colonial game would be awesome but don't need another PVP game that will turn in to a lobby shooter after a month and a ghost town a month later.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Smedley.

Lol. If that doesn't sum it up for you, I am not sure what does.

(Nice enough guy, horrible in this industry)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Smedley.

Lol. If that doesn't sum it up for you, I am not sure what does.

(Nice enough guy, horrible in this industry)

Yeah he was a nice guy IRL @ SOE Live and chilled with our outfit(team) after we won tournaments on several occasions.

• 1Like

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I can’t wait til that new colonial MMO from the guy who fucked up his last several game attempts!

Said fucking no one, ever.

Do we get to enslave and kill brown people, wasn't that the point of colonialism.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'd want to play a Native, but only there is perma-death and each new character has a 90% chance to contract a disease and die on contact with any other player that has contacted the white-folks faction

EDIT: Immersion

• 1Worf

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Smedley should make a game called '14 days.' You have 14 days. If after that time the game is not properly tuned, your character is deleted, and all your accounts cancelled.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users