John Smedley hired by Amazon to produce MMOs

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, considering Smed's history of backing projects that are better off dead you'd think he'd have personally handled this one too.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
If this was Smeddies good pal he could throw a fundraiser or say he will match funds, asking games fans to bail this dude out is super McQuaid of him.

Yeah, after 5 ulcers, destroying his life, and almost dying, I'm sure this guy has finally learned his lesson...fuck no he hasn't. Maybe the Gofundme is an attempt to help him finish the job. I don't even see any success stories after 2005, so he's probably been in a drunken stupor the last decade. It takes some hard work to kill the liver that quickly.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, after 5 ulcers, destroying his life, and almost dying, I'm sure this guy has finally learned his lesson...fuck no he hasn't. Maybe the Gofundme is an attempt to help him finish the job. I don't even see any success stories after 2005, so he's probably been in a drunken stupor the last decade. It takes some hard work to kill the liver that quickly.

Ok, you have turned me, lets pool some FOH soybucks and send him 3-4 cases of Costco Scotch, its actually pretty good.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users
Track it!

You are a warehouse worker or consumer trying to make a human conn4ction with each other. Using Amzon's emo-based tracking system, users establish bonds with their deliverer or consumer, and a rating system gives potential wages or discounts to customers / warehouse drones who are making a human connection!

By the way...

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'm a drunk too, give me money.
Being an alcoholic doesn't mean being a drunk. I know, I was a functional alcoholic for years. Drank over 2 liters of pure alcohol equivalent every week, sometimes almost 3. Imagine drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels every day without fail. For years.

The functional alcoholic wakes up without a hangover in the morning.

(and starts with a small tumbler of drink before even taking coffee or any breakfast)

Stopping was one of the hardest thing I've ever done, and it's never really going to be over until I'm dead. But I stopped before my liver decided to blow up (it was close).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, considering Smed's history of backing projects that are better off dead you'd think he'd have personally handled this one too.

Ruthless!

Ulcers usually have additional cause, probably not just the beers.

I know Eric Holder was hospitalized several times during the 0bama presidency while begging to resign from AG. 0bama told him no, on more than one occasion. Did Smed tell Gordon NO?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Ulcers usually have additional cause, probably not just the beers.

I know Eric Holder was hospitalized several times during the 0bama presidency while begging to resign from AG. 0bama told him no, on more than one occasion. Did Smed tell Gordon NO?
Stress is one of the major cause of ulcers.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Ok, you have turned me, lets pool some FOH soybucks and send him 3-4 cases of Costco Scotch, its actually pretty good.

postcard suggestion

when-you-feel-like-quitting-remember-why-you-started.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Being an alcoholic doesn't mean being a drunk. I know, I was a functional alcoholic for years. Drank over 2 liters of pure alcohol equivalent every week, sometimes almost 3. Imagine drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels every day without fail. For years.

The functional alcoholic wakes up without a hangover in the morning. (and starts with a small tumbler of drink before even taking coffee or any breakfast)

Hmm wow. So how does it become possible to not have a hangover? I can drink 5-6 beers on Friday and Saturday no prob. But if I drank anywhere near a bottle I'd have a multi-day hangover and zero desire to look at alcohol.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Hmm wow. So how does it become possible to not have a hangover? I can drink 5-6 beers on Friday and Saturday no prob. But if I drank anywhere near a bottle I'd have a multi-day hangover and zero desire to look at alcohol.

By staying drunk.

• 2Barf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
By staying drunk.
More simply: habit. And alcohol will creep on you, so you slowly increase the amount over months/years until you're sitting in front of your MD with your latest blood test, trying to calculate how much alcohol you drank over the week, and realize exactly how deep you're digging your liver's grave (and yours as well).

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
People in that poor of health have no basis for comparison... they can't even remember waking up sober, alert, healthy.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The part that surprises me is that they actually listened when players told them the core gameplay sucked and needed a major overhaul.