John Wick: Chapter 3 (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Last night we tried to think of any other actors who had starred in every movie of 3 separate franchises (i.e. at least trilogies). Try to think of some yourself! The list is very short. Keanu rules.

Stallone probably has the lead in that. Diesel has 3 too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Thought the first half was a lot better than the second half. Not as good as the first, still good though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Haven't seen it but from that clip above props to Halle berry. It seems like she's experiencing something new. Keanu timing her in the clip is great

• 2Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Last night we tried to think of any other actors who had starred in every movie of 3 separate franchises (i.e. at least trilogies). Try to think of some yourself! The list is very short. Keanu rules.
weird.

I was looking at some I would have thought.. and nope.
Tom cruise has reacher and mission impossible for his two. Everything else 1 offs. Although top gun AND live,die/repeat are getting sequels.
Mel Gibson just the 2. mad max and Lethal weapon. Everything else 1 offs.

I assume are not considering Iron man and Avengers two? Cause Robert downy jr would count if we did.
Sherlock holmes and those two.

Harrison ford just the two.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
weird.

I was looking at some I would have thought.. and nope.
Tom cruise has reacher and mission impossible for his two. Everything else 1 offs. Although top gun AND live,die/repeat are getting sequels.
Mel Gibson just the 2. mad max and Lethal weapon. Everything else 1 offs.

I assume are not considering Iron man and Avengers two? Cause Robert downy jr would count if we did.
Sherlock holmes and those two.

Harrison ford just the two.

We were basically lumping the entire marvel franchise together but that is very arguable. I believe Chris Pratt is getting really close and I think just needs another Lego movie (we're counting voice acting) and the GotG and Jurassic World movies that are in production.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Haven't seen it but from that clip above props to Halle berry. It seems like she's experiencing something new. Keanu timing her in the clip is great

From the movie she easily fits in with Wick. She trained hard for that and nearly looked his superior in the gunplay.

Movie was a 9/10 for me, If you liked the others, go watch it. Halle was amazing, though her dogs.... so much biting. Keanu spoke about them in a interview and said that Halle trained with them for 6+ months and they followed her just like in the movies. They were hers to command. Him and others on the set were fine, but were given instructions. Don't look them in the eye, or in general no sudden moves without their command presence. They were trained attack dogs not actors.

Wasn't a continuous 2 hour fight as I first thought, but similar as the first two. I thought this was supposed to be a trilogy as well though it flows very naturally into a fourth. First was basically about a guy who seems to be well known as a previous assassin tied to a hotell which is a secret society. Second opened up more information about said society and how they run, but still remains nearly all about that hotel. This movie expands far more on the society. It needs a 4th movie.

And I want it now rather than later.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Ian McKellen if you count LoTR and The Hobbit trilogies separate along with playing Magneto

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I'm assuming most of you guys liked Berry in this?

I don't think her character or Bronn from GoT (the other big cameo) really added to the movie, plus while the sahara sequence was cool story wise it really made ZERO sense to the lore of John Wick.

Still I thought her character was fine, the hinted at backstories seemed pretty cool, and honestly the two german shepherds stole every scene they were in

there is this weird thing that gets exposed more and more in the movies where Wick kills certain characters but other characters leaves alive and there doesn't seem to be any real reason other than "well... this character had a name i guess...?"

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Just got back. I liked it but I rank this one 3rd. It fails the "show don't tell" aspect that the 1st pulled off masterfully. It really felt like they were fleshing everything out for the TV show to me. I also prefer guns over knives and swords. Halle Berry did way better than expected and the dogs were awesome. Mark Dacascos was hilarious also.

Scenes where the bad guys let the good guy live are universally stupid across all time and space.

1st is 9/10
2nd is 8/10
3rd is 7/10

• 2Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lotta dick biting in this movie.

And it was hilarious and brutal at the same time. I was thoroughly entertained the entire way through, and while the middle/end of the movie just could never hope to keep pace with the brutality of the first 20-30 minutes, it was a great ride. Some great comedic lines at appropriate times, and the entire sequence at the end with the armor was hilarious, especially the resolution.

It's a 9/10 for me, and a 8.5/10 for a kickass John Wick movie.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just got out of it, decent enough, but still no where near as good as the first.

Chireography was still amazinf, and yeah, ton of ball shots in general

• 1Like