John Wick: Chapter 4 (2022)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
If you think 9mm is an inferior round, then you don't know shit about guns
You don't get the point here. 9mm is a perfectly functional caliber. Hell, several guns I own are chambered in 9mm, and I have perfectly wonderful defense rounds for use in them. I'm building a PPC chambered in 9mm right now in fact. I'm not talking about functionality. In the John Wick universe virtually everything is functional but maximized for stylistic points applied and "cool/sexy" factors. In gun geekery circles you and I both know there is this odd undercurrent of snobbery about certain calibers just being more "legit" even if they're not significantly more effective, solely because of "style" and "cool" points. 45 is definitely one of those calibers, ergo the whole reference to it as "God's Caliber" (which is actually a biblical reference to Genesis 18:28 of all things).

With the whole level to which the Wick universe/mythology seems to circle back around to some very religious themes it seemed off not to go full tilt with it.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just remembered it was RIP ammo, I'm not sure what's out now but I'm sure there is much better

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You don't get the point here. 9mm is a perfectly functional caliber. Hell, several guns I own are chambered in 9mm, and I have perfectly wonderful defense rounds for use in them. I'm building a PPC chambered in 9mm right now in fact. I'm not talking about functionality. In the John Wick universe virtually everything is functional but maximized for stylistic points applied and "cool/sexy" factors. In gun geekery circles you and I both know there is this odd undercurrent of snobbery about certain calibers just being more "legit" even if they're not significantly more effective, solely because of "style" and "cool" points. 45 is definitely one of those calibers, ergo the whole reference to it as "God's Caliber" (which is actually a biblical reference to Genesis 18:28 of all things).

With the whole level to which the Wick universe/mythology seems to circle back around to some very religious themes it seemed off not to go full tilt with it.

My experience is the exact opposite. Always new guys who don't know anything about ballistics and thinks bigger = better then eventually end up buying a 9mm after a few range days of constantly having to reload and accuracy going to shit when going over 25 yards.

Whenever they ask what rounds everyone is using, the range staff rolls their eyes and give a "oh, you're one of those" whenever someone says .45

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
My experience is the exact opposite. Always new guys who don't know anything about ballistics and thinks bigger = better then eventually end up buying a 9mm after a few range days of constantly having to reload and accuracy going to shit when going over 25 yards.

Whenever they ask what rounds everyone is using, the range staff rolls their eyes and give a "oh, you're one of those" whenever someone says .45
Look bro when a Maori warrior comes charging you out of the Bush you are gonna be happy you have God's round.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just remembered it was RIP ammo, I'm not sure what's out now but I'm sure there is much better
RIP ammo isn't illegal and widely available and mostly a gimmick. Hollow point is still the superior ammo.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
RIP ammo isn't illegal and widely available and mostly a gimmick. Hollow point is still the superior ammo.
When me and my ex split I gave here a box regular 9mm and a mag full of Hollow points and said never use that magazine for practice.

Hollow-points-gun-scaled-e1632847105256.jpg

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
".45" guys are always the ones who can't hit shit too. Go with the 7+ extra rounds idiots..you'll need it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What was he shooting here? 9mm, .45, or .357?

Does this particular gun fire all 3 calibers or something?

If he was firing .357 with zero recoil like that, that's pretty insane

Yes, it shoots all 3 and alternates each shot

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yes, it shoots all 3 and alternates each shot

I mean like is it made to fire all 3, could be 3 separate versions of it. I guess a better question would be if there's a 357 version of it. Resembles a magnum barrel. The movie was the first time I'd ever seen one of these.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
No. It’s an overpriced 2011 because it has Taran Tactical’s logo on it

price isn’t coming down in it either. The combat master (jw3 if I remember correctly) started at like 5k and only went up. They only made so many, pit viper will be the same.

Salt aside, it is a cool gun with some smart design choices but it’s nothing you couldn’t get with something from staccato.

with modern ammunition the ballistic difference between common calibers is negligible. You’re better off going with 9mm for the capacity.

45 is a way more fun round to shoot in my opinion. It supresses better, can be almost infinitely reloaded, and the recoil is more pleasant (subjective).

yes the FBI went 45 to 9, realized they fucked up, tried to go 10mm, the females and homo agents couldn’t handle it, downloaded to 40, but now are starting to go back to 9.

That was also decades ago and ammo has changed. Not to mention the increased pressure wears down the guns faster.

so basically, buy a 9, a 45, and a 10mm and you’re covered. No one shoots 40 anymore except for old guys with glocks and competition shooters but that’s changing quickly 😂

Gun rant aside, movie was tits.
In terms of ranking, I’d say 1, 4, 2, 3 from best to worst

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm

price isn’t coming down in it either. The combat master (jw3 if I remember correctly) started at like 5k and only went up. They only made so many, pit viper will be the same.

Salt aside, it is a cool gun with some smart design choices but it’s nothing you couldn’t get with something from staccato.

with modern ammunition the ballistic difference between common calibers is negligible. You’re better off going with 9mm for the capacity.

45 is a way more fun round to shoot in my opinion. It supresses better, can be almost infinitely reloaded, and the recoil is more pleasant (subjective).

yes the FBI went 45 to 9, realized they fucked up, tried to go 10mm, the females and homo agents couldn’t handle it, downloaded to 40, but now are starting to go back to 9.

That was also decades ago and ammo has changed. Not to mention the increased pressure wears down the guns faster.

so basically, buy a 9, a 45, and a 10mm and you’re covered. No one shoots 40 anymore except for old guys with glocks and competition shooters but that’s changing quickly 😂

Gun rant aside, movie was tits.
In terms of ranking, I’d say 1, 4, 2, 3 from best to worst

When I was an officer, I carried a glock 35 as primary duty weapon and a glock 27 as my backup. Both were 40. After leaving police work, I carried the 27 as my primary concealed weapon. I got tired of the double stack, and with it being smaller than my hand, groupings were not as tight as I wanted. So, I moved on.

I have a 100 year anniversary colt 1911 in 45 that I absolutely fucking love. Out of all my pistols, I have the tightest groupings with it. Downside is, heavy as fuck and a pain to carry concealed not to mention the 7 round capacity. If I lived further north than Texas where I could wear a jacket more often, I could see myself carrying it with a shoulder rig.

Two years ago I got glock 48 MOS which is a 9mm, and it carries like a fucking dream. It is my go-to everyday carry weapon. 9mm seems to be the sweet spot for groupings, easy to carry, single stack with decent capacity.

Other guns I've carried is a ruger lcp 380 pocket gun. God, I really hated that thing because the trigger pull on it was waaaaaay too damn long.

I also have a springfield XDS in 45 that is god awful to shoot. First shot good. Subsequent shots are eh because its a literal hand cannon.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
When I was an officer, I carried a glock 35 as primary duty weapon and a glock 27 as my backup. Both were 40. After leaving police work, I carried the 27 as my primary concealed weapon. I got tired of the double stack, and with it being smaller than my hand, groupings were not as tight as I wanted. So, I moved on.

I have a 100 year anniversary colt 1911 in 45 that I absolutely fucking love. Out of all my pistols, I have the tightest groupings with it. Downside is, heavy as fuck and a pain to carry concealed not to mention the 7 round capacity. If I lived further north than Texas where I could wear a jacket more often, I could see myself carrying it with a shoulder rig.

Two years ago I got glock 48 MOS which is a 9mm, and it carries like a fucking dream. It is my go-to everyday carry weapon. 9mm seems to be the sweet spot for groupings, easy to carry, single stack with decent capacity.

Other guns I've carried is a ruger lcp 380 pocket gun. God, I really hated that thing because the trigger pull on it was waaaaaay too damn long.

I also have a springfield XDS in 45 that is god awful to shoot. First shot good. Subsequent shots are eh because its a literal hand cannon.

but…what did you think about the movie?

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Movie was tits. Not as good as the first, better than the other two. There is a post credits scene.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
end credit scene:
end credit is Caine holding flowers walking towards his daughter playing the violin, view change Akira? Walking towards him with a knife...end scene.
questions Remaining
did John and Caine Plan on how the Duel Went, YEP.
is John Wick Actually DEAD? - in my opinion, No. my wife says yes. ending was vague enough it could go either way, but i lean towards no.
Is Winston John's Father, in my opinion, Yes. 1 Roma Ruska Tattoo on Winstons Hand and Winston Calls him(John) Son during the Final Scene.
is Caine Dead(after end credit scene ends part), that depends Provided Caine defends himself, he is alive and Akira? is either dead or heavily injured, if Caine does not defend himself, he is Dead and his daughter and Akira? are free. in my opinion, he will not kill her.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
but…what did you think about the movie?

We've pretty well established that the movie is like 11/10 and ends the series on a perfect note, the blind guy being more powerful than JW suspends disbelief a little too much though, and they probably shouldn't make John Wick 5: The Search For More Money. But also they probably will.

They don't need to do another one though because they've set up 3 spinoffs now: Ballerina (which they haven't set up much at all except that we know it exists and has John in it), a Mr. Nobody and his dog movie, and a movie with Akira chasing down Donnie Yen. Long as all of these have "A John Wick Story" in the subtitle or something they'll do well.

That pretty much answers that. Seeing the Pit Viper in action in the movie, plus Joe Rogan shooting the gun with more accuracy than he's ever shot anything, kinda made me want one. But if it's never coming down to a normal price then yeah it's an overpriced novelty pistol.

Ammo calibers are one thing I don't know that much about, or at least not as much as I'd like to.

• 1Like