JRPGs

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
It has giant robots and a bonkers plot like Xenogears. But the narrative focuses around high school kids mostly. Xenogears is my favorite JRPG of all time and I like 13 Sentinels a lot.

That sounds good to me lol. All except the highschoolers. I'm so over that in games and anime. Guess I got old. And yeh xenogears is my #1 game of all time too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
XC2 is a very good game with a ton of content and that is a good price. I havent really seen them put it on sale all that often

Nester

Vyemm Raider
XC2 took me a while to get into, but once i did i was hooked. it was a very fun 100 hours. its a great game. I am going the snag the DLC at that price. Its not really DLC but a 20 hour stand alone prequel

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I'll third XC2 but the game can be "anime" at times so if you are turned off by that stuff some story sequences might be hard to sit through.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Switch eShop throws high volume traffic errors if you try go through the console, so i did everything through browser. Redeem the expansion pass and set the voice pack to download from there, then the switch has no trouble detecting and immediately downloading even though the shop won't connect.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yakuza 7 is $40 at Amazon for physical copy for either PS4 (PS5 upgrade free, but still months away) or Xbox. No regrets getting it digital since I swap between PC, X1X, and Series X, but that's a pretty great deal if you just want to play it on a console.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya I was thinking of getting it at 40 but I still haven't finished Judgment or 4/5 remasters. Too much Kamurocho.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Just beat Yakuza 7 and did most of the endgame dungeon. Currently at 84 hours on Steam but I imagine a couple of those hours were AFK time.

I usually get tired of the mini-games and combat in Yakuza games and either don't finish the story or just rush the story. That didn't happen this time. Not sure if its the RPG aspects or what.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Yakuza 7 being more of a JRPG has me interested. Still want to give Y0 and Judgement a go though.

Malakriss

I'm noticing that for XBC2 salvaging the button presses it is a world of difference when you flip on game mode and have the controller plugged in to cut down latency. Still would rather play it on the 4K TV than flip over to a smaller 1ms monitor though.

Malakriss

XBC2 rolling core crystals question: should i just open all that I have left on Rex? Nia has Crossette, Floren, Dromarch already and I unlocked merc missions.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its been a while but I am pretty sure you can get some items that allow you to switch a blades owner, there is a limited supply of them i believe, but you can move a key blade one around if you need to. You will end up with other chars to play so dont feel you need all the blades on Rex

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Iirc late in the game Rex can use any blade. So it’s not optimized to put too many on him.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'd go so far as to say NEVER pull on Rex after the first pity blade. I decided ahead of time which blades I wanted on which character and then used boosters to at least somewhat influence it. You're going to end up with quite a few bonded to the wrong driver even if you're min-maxing, and the items to swap them around are kind of limited and it's a pain to get more. Rex is fine with just the pity blade and other ones you're forced to put on him, until you get his special ability.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Went ahead and grabbed Yakuza 7 now that it's down to $35 for consoles.

• 1Like

Malakriss

XBC2: I finally got to Chapter 7 and unlocked the ability to make the DLC massive +Trust food.. but i did not do the ice bridges as i was going through Chapter 6. This lead to random blade scrambling in order to meet the field skill requirements. I'm so far behind on sidequests but a lot of the heart-to-heart and other ones aren't eligibe to be done in chapter 7 it's really annoying.

Update: Can't pull Perun for the life of me, got KOS-MOS and using the extra rares I got from completing first playthrough gave me the post-game rare too. F me.

Last edited: