JRPGs

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is Code Vein worth picking up for $12 (edit: $16 for the deluxe) or should I wait for the next Bandai bundle that has it?

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is Code Vein worth picking up for $12 (edit: $16 for the deluxe) or should I wait for the next Bandai bundle that has it?

Yeah it's well worth it, provided you A) Like Souls games and B) Like hot anime chix in scantily-clad outfits. If those are no, you'll hate it. It's an easier and much less polished Souls game full of hot girls. I got my copy for $15 and enjoyed TF out of it, prolly gonna plat it.

Malakriss

Although not explicitly stated on the store page, the Steam version still has Denuvo unlike some other Bandai games that dropped it. I'll be waiting until it is bullshit free.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Although not explicitly stated on the store page, the Steam version still has Denuvo unlike some other Bandai games that dropped it. I'll be waiting until it is bullshit free.

Doubt it is ever getting another patch or fix. Not been patched since May 2020.

Do games ever rotate back to Gamepass? It was there a while ago, but see it is gone now.

That said, the base game is definitely worth it at 80% off. It's as Rajaah said. Anime souls like on a slightly easier setting. Can probably skip all DLCs, as I see they are all rated negative.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys, finished Elden ring and torn between the following next:
Nier 1/2
Nioh 1/2
Wait for Strangers of Paradise
Dragon Age Inquisition.

Any suggestions? figured I'd ask in this thread.

What did you end up going with?

I did SoP and it was pretty good. Pretty jazzed up for the Niohs and Niers though, just don't know when I'll actually get to them.

Molten Core Raider

Persona series coming to Xbox and PC later this year.
I hate that this seems like a straight port of Persona 3 Portable version and not a full remake. While there were improvements and additions made to the game which make it a better experience than the original Playstation version, there were a lot of edits and compromises that had to be made to fit it all on the PSP, namely the anime cutscenes had to be cut and replaced by in-game graphics or portraits and you couldnt run around towns as in the other games, it was a simple menu you navigated (you can see this briefly in the trailer).

Persona 3 really needs a modern rework

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Expansion pass is up now too. First wave sounds shitty, like the kind of cheater items and cosmetic DLC other companies just throw up on release day as a free download. Other three waves sound like they'll be worth it though.

Still pissed at how terribly they handled the preorders for the Special Edition. Was like trying to buy a console last year; site broken as fuck no matter what you tried to do, then magically they're all sold out when it finally started working again. What's really weird now is that the (inactive) preorder button says "This lets you pre-load the game, so you’ll be able to play as soon as the game is released." below it even though the SE is a physical release. I don't recall them ever saying you'd get the digital version too, but I'll be even more mad about missing out if that's true.

spronk

FPS noob
i'd be more into XB3 if it ran on PC too. I played XB1 DE on my switch and while it was fun it was way to fucking long (100 hours?), the visuals were not great a lot of times, and it felt like world of warcraft with 1000 fedex shit quests. It was interesting world building and stuff but I'd kinda wanna play XB2+Torna plus XBX before getting around to XB3 and i dunno thats a big time commitment.

When I get my steam deck though I may use XB2 as a test case for Yuzu on it, be something fun to play and I have to imagine the emulators have upscalers and stuff that will make the game better on PC.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When I get my steam deck though I may use XB2 as a test case for Yuzu on it, be something fun to play and I have to imagine the emulators have upscalers and stuff that will make the game better on PC.
From what I understand XC2 is just about the worst choice for emulating, especially on the Steam Deck's hardware. It has a weak CPU, and the AMD GPU isn't doing it any favors either (since Vulkan support was not the miracle patch people seemed to be expecting).

You'd have much better success emulating XCX instead.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
i'd be more into XB3 if it ran on PC too. I played XB1 DE on my switch and while it was fun it was way to fucking long (100 hours?), the visuals were not great a lot of times, and it felt like world of warcraft with 1000 fedex shit quests. It was interesting world building and stuff but I'd kinda wanna play XB2+Torna plus XBX before getting around to XB3 and i dunno thats a big time commitment.

There is only so much upscalers can do without having too literally go into the game files and upscale the raw graphics.

The Wii/WiiU are just fucking garbage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
just for shits and giggles i fucked around with xeno 2 and XCX using CEMU (xcx) and both yuzu and ryujinx for xb2. Took a bit of fucking around but got them both to run and look decent at 30 fps, there are apparently good 4k 60 fps upscalers for both and I could toggle the 60 fps mod in yuzu no problem (but my CPU couldnt' quite make it, 5 year old PC though)

still apparently XB2 isn't perfect, lot of CPU hitching in open world areas and AMD GPUs have issues with clouds and stuff, no issue on nvidia cards. Not super interested in playing either game right now so probably won't fuck around too much, but it does give a good reason to upgrade my PC... if I want to emulate switch games lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Still pissed at how terribly they handled the preorders for the Special Edition. Was like trying to buy a console last year; site broken as fuck no matter what you tried to do, then magically they're all sold out when it finally started working again. What's really weird now is that the (inactive) preorder button says "This lets you pre-load the game, so you’ll be able to play as soon as the game is released." below it even though the SE is a physical release. I don't recall them ever saying you'd get the digital version too, but I'll be even more mad about missing out if that's true.

People figured out if you add the special edition to your wishlist on the Nintendo store you were able to bypass the line for getting it and could check out with it from your wishlist. That is probably how they all sold out.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
XCX and XC2 are still on my shortlist. XC2 has a great soundtrack and reminds me a lot of Xenogears, but something about it makes it hard to get into. The terrible map / objective marker, I think. I spent like 30 minutes trying to climb a tree and looking around for a way to reach an objective marker and my interest kinda died after that.

XCX is really awesome and I like it a lot, but it suffers a bit from being on the antiquated-looking Wii U. Surprised it hasn't gotten an upscaled re-release on Switch.

I dont think I'll get to them before XC3 comes out, but it's whatever. I'm most likely to get to XCX first 'cause mechs. It's funny how XC2 has a lot of aspects of the human-based parts of Xenogears, while XCX has the actual Gears.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
XCX and XC2 are still on my shortlist. XC2 has a great soundtrack and reminds me a lot of Xenogears, but something about it makes it hard to get into. The terrible map / objective marker, I think. I spent like 30 minutes trying to climb a tree and looking around for a way to reach an objective marker and my interest kinda died after that.

XCX is really awesome and I like it a lot, but it suffers a bit from being on the antiquated-looking Wii U. Surprised it hasn't gotten an upscaled re-release on Switch.

I dont think I'll get to them before XC3 comes out, but it's whatever. I'm most likely to get to XCX first 'cause mechs. It's funny how XC2 has a lot of aspects of the human-based parts of Xenogears, while XCX has the actual Gears.

Xenoblade Chronicles 1 has a remaster on Switch now, released a few years ago. The definitive edition.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Xenoblade Chronicles 1 has a remaster on Switch now, released a few years ago. The definitive edition.

Yeah, I played that one at release. Talking about Chronicles X, the Wii U one. It's the only reason I still have a Wii U.

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Man I always see people raving about xenoblade chronicles. Are they really that good? And do they actually have anything to do with xenogears?

Malakriss

Man I always see people raving about xenoblade chronicles. Are they really that good? And do they actually have anything to do with xenogears?
Story-wise XC is not related to Xenogears, however XC1 and XC2 happen at the same time in different universes with a connecting plot point. At the end they both merge up and that leads directly into the upcoming XC3.

Gameplay XC1 was helped tremendously with the definitive edition release, XC2 had a lot of good systems but some criticisms on english voice actors / female design choices. The XC2 battle system was improved and polished in the Torna DLC (which is a separate smaller game taking place earlier in history). You can get a lot of hours of playtime from any of them with endgame/postgame and platinum pursuits.

• 1Pathetic