Jupiter Ascending (2015)

fucker_sl

shitlord
Trailer here looked pretty good to me.
reminded me alot of Babylon A.D. though... which is not a good thing.

Borg ship is not the most ideal. Interior is not accessible. Freight, maintenance, etc. I guess teleportation is assumed?
The gravity question as well. Startrek answers that with "magic" gravity generators that pull you to the floor. but that is not very realistic.

Also questions of engines and propulsion in general and is it safe to have those near anything else?
i'll bite it

Borg Ships are pretty efficent and logic in their design as a ship design both for exploration and/or combat. No centralized powersource, but at webnet of power generators that compensate and/or replace malfunctioning or destroyed ones. The same goes for armaments, propulsion and shield systems (so no single attack or accident can cripple any of the critical systems)

No obvious weak structure point and/or exposed critical section like the bridge (Borg and Battlestar Galactica are the only scifi ships i know that do the bridge thing right. So no destroying a Super-Star Destroyer with a kamikaze X-wing)

interior is pretty accessible too. They have multiple hangar doors for fighters/drones ships and one main port for the Borg Sphere vessel docked inside it (see Star Trek: First Contact)

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can't be the only one that thought it looks like another "Based on the best selling young adult book series by..." movie.
Haha nope, I was wondering what series it was based on, myself. I had to google it after watching the trailer.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to watch this just because I'm a sucker for a good Sean Bean death scene.

Arakkis

N00b
i'll bite it
No obvious weak structure point and/or exposed critical section like the bridge (Borg and Battlestar Galactica are the only scifi ships i know that do the bridge thing right. So no destroying a Super-Star Destroyer with a kamikaze X-wing)
It was an A-wing that crashed into the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer Executor.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
im curious, how long can you milk a film credit to promote your next project? forever? yes the matrix was an iconic game changer. nobody can ever take that away from them, it just seems that after 15 years and half a dozen films since the matrix that they would have something else to brag about. the wachowskis didnt even get mentioned by name, they are just "the creators of the matrix" now. thats pretty fucking sad. and look i love their films. i got flamed hard for proclaiming that street racer was one of the best movies of the year. im probably the only one here who liked their ninja movie and cloud atlas. and i still love me some matrix reloaded, whenever its on i still watch it even though i have to channel surf through all the zion scenes. the wachowskis should be at james cameron, tarentino and eastwood level by now, but after 15 years they are still tying to earn a name for themselves. i dunno wtf happened. is it because the one brother cut his cock off and calls himself lana now?
the reason they haven't made a bigger name for themselves is because the wachowski brothers (brother/sister?) are exactly like m night shyamalan: they made one great movie, and everything else they have made has been a gigantic pile of dog shit. and when i say one movie, i mean just the first matrix, because the second two were fucking awful.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
the reason they haven't made a bigger name for themselves is because the wachowski brothers (brother/sister?) are exactly like m night shyamalan: they made one great movie, and everything else they have made has been a gigantic pile of dog shit. and when i say one movie, i mean just the first matrix, because the second two were fucking awful.
All of the Matrix movies did one thing right though: really good action scenes without shaky cam.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Why the fuck does Tatum keep getting roles? He was halfway decent playing a dumb fighter ( what a stretch ) and now he's the next big action star? I guess heavy eyeliner is supposed to make him interesting? And you put him in scenes opposite Sean fucking Bean? Full retard.

Protip: Taking a chance on a complete unknown is probably gonna be better than making a known guy who has zero acting skills the star of your movie. History has proven this.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Why the fuck does Tatum keep getting roles? He was halfway decent playing a dumb fighter ( what a stretch ) and now he's the next big action star? I guess heavy eyeliner is supposed to make him interesting? And you put him in scenes opposite Sean fucking Bean? Full retard.

Protip: Taking a chance on a complete unknown is probably gonna be better than making a known guy who has zero acting skills the star of your movie. History has proven this.
i'm praying that he can pull off the role as schultz in the movie "foxcatcher." as someone who was there when all that shit went down, i really want that movie to succeed.

fucker_sl

shitlord
All of the Matrix movies did one thing right though: really good action scenes without shaky cam.
no, they didnt. Matrix 1 action scenes are great because it has very few CGI bullshit stuff mixed in it. Everything you see, is everything the actors made

almost every action scenes in Matrix 2 and 3 instead are badly done greenscreen stupidity with no taste or feeling. The Smith tyranid-rush fight is cool in concept (with him being a self replicating virus and all) but got retarded after 30 seconds of it. Same for the highway scene

The Zion fight is one of the worst example of "bend common sense for cheap coolness" i have ever seen in a movie. it's just stupid. No other word to describe it

and this is not even talking about the story and their own Matrix 1 to Matrix 2 retcon of who Neo is and what he can do

an accordion_sl

shitlord
no, they didnt. Matrix 1 action scenes are great because it has very few CGI bullshit stuff mixed in it. Everything you see, is everything the actors made

almost every action scenes in Matrix 2 and 3 instead are badly done greenscreen stupidity with no taste or feeling. The Smith tyranid-rush fight is cool in concept (with him being a self replicating virus and all) but got retarded after 30 seconds of it. Same for the highway scene

The Zion fight is one of the worst example of "bend common sense for cheap coolness" i have ever seen in a movie. it's just stupid. No other word to describe it

and this is not even talking about the story and their own Matrix 1 to Matrix 2 retcon of who Neo is and what he can do
Those two scenes and the final fight are the only ones that do it.

spronk

FPS noob
international trailer -- special effects and space shit look awesome, actors and plot look retarded as fuck. oh wachowski's
frown.png
i also read they are currently writing 3 matrix prequels... dunno how to feel about that

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hrm Morrison didn't write any "The Invisibles" prequels, what are the Wachowski's going to steal from this time?

Column_sl

shitlord
Looks like they just confirmed they are writing a new matrix , the birth of the matrix.

Wachowskis are some of my favorite movie makers, but Jupiter still looks gay as fuck

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i have a solution to the prequel pandemic in hollywood: the theaters should have to pay YOU to go see them. problem solved.