Jupiter's Legacy

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only a few episodes in and its alright so far. Josh Duhamel is a terrible actor. And the old man hair and makeup on him looks so cheesy.

Goatface

Still wondering how the world goes from some alien cloud/Zordon giving 6 'twenty somethings with attitude' super powers to having a
whole plethora of super beings running around including, apparently, wizards. Then again we don't have a real hard fix on how many powered people there are. It seemed to vary wildly between powers being common enough that a team of people with them were still just petty thieves to the idea that blackstar killing off 3 of the 'Teen Titans' was a big big deal and that by the end there were only a handful of Union members (Utopian, Brainwave, Lady Liberty, Paragon and Flare 2 with crippled OG Flare on the bench) left.

guess the theory is ship crew got powers or powered genes.
vlcsnap-2021-05-12-10h47m46s484.png

if they started having kids and would guess sailors in the 40's could have many, their descendants would number in the 100's. then powers include super tech and medical they could be gene splicing along with the cloning.
still don't don't know why the og 6 all waited till 50+ years to start having kids.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Show is alright. The “code” would have been fine if it wasn’t implemented to such an extreme. You can’t watch three of your fellow supes get killed, save the fourth from a certain death, and then be lectured on the “code”. What’s your fucking code worth if you’re all dead and the baddie goes on to kill even more? Seemingly nobody but dark star at the end of episode 8 could verbalize this deep thought.

Cybsled

Goatface might be right. They mention minor and major for Supes, so I assume the 6 and their offspring are majors and sailor offspring would be the lesser powered ones perhaps.

Although that would be kind of hilarious if all minor/lesser power Supes were the results of port of call brothels or one night stands

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
All the major kids have powers that match their parent. Though Hutch has no powers.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Yeah Sheldon is basically Ned Stark, he's willing to go down in flames doing what he thinks is 'right.' Hell the old villain playing psychologist pretty much told him The Code shit was delusional. Even as silly as it is, guess it's plausible that it held up so long cause Sheldon was the most powerful and influential hero for a long ass time. Also seems like most of the threats weren't nearly as bad, or at least consistently bad as the last few years...so could see them just going along to not rock the boat.
If you read the book, you see why they are this setting up; the show runners think that there has to be an previously shown visible logical reason for the others to do the things that they do coming up/later on. Sheldon as the Utopian is also so much more powerful than anyone else, the only one that comes close is Brandon. George was powerful but not close to Sheldon.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was ok. I do not feel like I wasted my time watching it. It had its moments. I think the rating is about right. Everything has been hit on but I will add one other thing that kept gnawing at me. The main actor...

Josh Duhamel.

1620916130601.png

Whenever he was on the screen, I kept seeing Eric Dane.

1620916244157.png

I actually think Eric Dane would have made a better lead for this but that is a subjective opinion.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I watched the first episode, the stupid code stuff at the end left me not wanting to watch more. Maybe I will eventually.

Cybsled

Right, the Boy Scout code is supposed to feel frustrating. It’s clear there is, and have been, massive divisions about it in the past. Like when the brother mentions they could have ended WW2 in minutes and saved millions of lives from death camps, then Utopia is so afraid of slippery slope occur that he was willing to allow atrocities happen. Most of the audience is going to think the code is stupid consequently. 1st episode even highlights that. Kids are being decapitated and Utopian is concerned that the mass murderer was killed in order to save lives

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 . This is all I think of every time they do flashbacks to the code.

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Right, the Boy Scout code is supposed to feel frustrating. It’s clear there is, and have been, massive divisions about it in the past. Like when the brother mentions they could have ended WW2 in minutes and saved millions of lives from death camps, then Utopia is so afraid of slippery slope occur that he was willing to allow atrocities happen. Most of the audience is going to think the code is stupid consequently. 1st episode even highlights that. Kids are being decapitated and Utopian is concerned that the mass murderer was killed in order to save lives
Yeah that's what lost me 'he's going to kill us all' followed by 'but why did you kill him, the code'.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Imagine being the Utopian and holding to this code and finding out that the holocaust happened on your watch because of your dumbass code. Or any number of other atrocities. These people are demigods and wtf are they even doing. You can imagine that maybe he has an answer to that, but it isn't one the show is able to answer and it just hangs over everything making this guy look like a fucking clown.

How did this not come up when they were writing the series so focused on this code. So much salty.

Cybsled

The show does address it. George fallout was supposedly over the code, the brother thinks the code is shit, all the kids think it is shit and ones who don’t die.

Utopian is so afraid of power corrupting Supes that he basically would rather do nothing of consequence if it means taking a stance that might not be seen as neutral or lawful good

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They address it in a broad sense. I just wish they'd spent some time justifying Utopian's insistence that this code, and only this code, somehow protects the free will of humans in the presence of gods and is worth the untold millions of dead left in its wake.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Imagine being the Utopian and holding to this code and finding out that the holocaust happened on your watch because of your dumbass code. Or any number of other atrocities. These people are demigods and wtf are they even doing. You can imagine that maybe he has an answer to that, but it isn't one the show is able to answer and it just hangs over everything making this guy look like a fucking clown.

How did this not come up when they were writing the series so focused on this code. So much salty.
it's actually no different than most ppl and me included, i had absolute faith in our American constitution and yes, there is some fuckery that slips through the cracks, but i actually you know valued it.

then jan 20th and i know it's toilet paper.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They address it in a broad sense. I just wish they'd spent some time justifying Utopian's insistence that this code, and only this code, somehow protects the free will of humans in the presence of gods and is worth the untold millions of dead left in its wake.
I felt like the whole ordeal he went through over the Great Depression and his father ending up being a piece of shit more or less covered that, but I guess it could have been spelled out more directly than it was.

Goatface

You have to wonder, how would they stopped ww2, just ran around assassinating all the leaders? killing all the Germans, Italians and Japanese?
brainwave talking about this is the age of corrupt politicians and evil businesses, like that shit has been going on forever. don't forget his mass shooter bs, pretty sure don't hold a candle to current gang related deaths and shit. Plus sure Flare would want some reparations and payback too.

Animosity

Im on episode 6 right now. And I honestly couldnt tell you what this show is about or the plot, other than it having super heroes.