Jurassic Park 4

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wanted to like it, and then it lost me about when Bryce Dallas Howard started talking.

Also, a giant gator-ish thing? Couldn't toughen up a plesiosaurus or something?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So....it's like if the park was open and the other movies never existed?
but the genetic-experiment-that-went-wrong-and-now-is-killing-everyone, i've seen that since....forever.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Was that dude riding a motorcycle with what seems to be a pack of Raptors working with him?

ummm....yes please?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I hope this will be more Jaws-esque. I don't want to see this hybrid monster until over halfway through the movie. Get back to your roots, Spielberg. It could actually end up being pretty cool if they made it more like a horror movie.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What is wrong with normal dinosaurs trying to eat you, this better have a samuel L jackson cameo where he is giving an uplifting speech and a dinosaur pops out of the water instagibbing him.

spronk

FPS noob
but the genetic-experiment-that-went-wrong-and-now-is-killing-everyone, i've seen that since....forever.
yeah i'm interested in that too, it looks a lot like a reboot with 2014 tech in place but some implications that it has continuity from the first movie at least. But then you'd think someone would say "uh... shits gonna go bad, we need a way to instantly pacify all dinos if needed."

still looks entertaining enough, chris pratt is really blowing up

fris

Vyemm Raider
i think the first book, before the movie, described the trex as fairly gator-ish, swiming after them in a river and it looking like a giant gator behind them. been years since i read it, but it gave the goosebumps

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, the first two books were Michael Crichton novels. The first movie followed fairly close and was a success. The second movie was miles away from the book and was generally panned. The third movie was complete hollywood nonsense. I hope they can turn it around with this one.

Ryanz

<Banned>
The kid in me can't wait for this...but the adult me is kinda like, wtf? It seems like they are trying too hard. The gigantic water dino eating a...shark? Why a shark? Oh right...you have to show us just how big a bad ass this water dino is...as if the fact that it's already ridiculously huge and ferocious looking, and laughably in close proximity to a giant crowd of people with a fence it seems as though it could very easily jump over. The gyro ball had me face palming. It's just has dumb written all over it. Here's a hamster ball, go freely drive it next to some brontosauruses/brachiosauruses, I'm sure everything will be fine. And then the hybrid dino...I mean cmon...were dinos by themselves not enough? I really really really want this to be good, but it has big dumb film written all over it. All that being said, I'll be there day 1, just like I was 21 years ago for what was my favorite film of all time.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yea, the first two books were Michael Crichton novels. The first movie followed fairly close and was a success. The second movie was miles away from the book and was generally panned. The third movie was complete hollywood nonsense. I hope they can turn it around with this one.

Whats not to love about a girl killing a dinosaur with gymnastics?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same story. Same problems. Talk about lazy fucking writing for a money grab. It'll do well though, which means more shit movies will continue to be made because dumbass 'Merica eats it up.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The amount of CGI in that trailer makes me think this movie isn't going to age anywhere near as well asJurassicPark.

A while ago, the director leaked a picture ofa statue of Hammond, which would seem to indicate that the first move plays a part in this world.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I wanted to like it, and then it lost me about when Bryce Dallas Howard started talking.

Also, a giant gator-ish thing? Couldn't toughen up a plesiosaurus or something?
Looks like a really outsized mosasaur. The scale on it is a bit crazy because the largest mosasaur capped out around 50-55 feet, but hey. I think they increased the size of all the carnivorous dinosaurs in the first 3 films by at least a 1/3rd except for the Spinosaurus and T-Rex.

Iirc, they assumed it did because of it's bird like structure and voice box.
The raptors in JP are more closely related to the Achillobator.
When JP3 came out they had already begun discovering fossil specimens of dromaesaurids with preserved quill knobs and feather impressions. There was an interview floating around that the JP crew's concession to the new discoveries were those spiny, proto-feather spike things that a few of the raptors had ontop of their heads, but that they couldn't change the JP 'look' because it would confuse fans of the franchise.

Mkos1TJ.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well the dinosaur island would still be there full of dinosaurs as well as thejurassicpark /research lab/visitors buildings infrastructure, so basically all any new developer would have to do is come there, knock out whatever roaming dinos they can find, round them up and refurbish already existing up to modern standards and make things more difficult for the previous outbreaks from happening.

what i have issue with is how fucking lazy that trailer looked, the CGI looks like shit compared to stan winston's work over 20 years ago. when peter jackson remade Kong, he spent much more effort in making the creatures look like they are actually there than the green screen crap in that trailer. i also dunno why all films need to color their films with a blue tinge. yeah other famous films in the past have done thins and with great success, but there is a point when it ceases to be cool and just looks like a cheap gimmick, Bullet time anyone? its also telling that there doesnt seem to be any original cast in this.

as an adult who saw the original film in the theater back in the day and loved it, what in 2014 are they offering me to get my fat ass back in the theater? more running dinos? more fucking kids? almost all CGI with no practical effects, no credible actors or storyline of any kind? somebody give me a reason to want to see this? and please dont tell me there is a reveal of a spinosauras godzilla hybrid . that shit doesnt do it for me anymore.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks like they want us to care about the cast which isn't working. After watching the trailer I want the dinosaur to eat everyone including the writer and director.

Ryanz

<Banned>
The best thing about that trailer was the slowed down piano theme. That shit is so simple, yet so genius.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well, the trailer has my hopes up anyway. I like the idea of having it at a successfully opened park, with dreamed up working amusement rides and stuff.

So are the raptors "allies" this time? Is Chris Pratt a trainer of them or something?