Jurassic World: Dominion (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

My car after a car wash isn’t safe from dinosaurs. Little fucking bastards always shitting on the windshield

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
They are really going to run our noses into this dead IP, aren't they?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Last movie still did $1.3B box office and the animated Camp Cretaceous is going on Season 4 for Netflix. Shit tier writing and horrible female actors doesn't mean the IP is dead, only that the interest from sane people is.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Last movie still did $1.3B box office and the animated Camp Cretaceous is going on Season 4 for Netflix. Shit tier writing and horrible female actors doesn't mean the IP is dead, only that the interest from sane people is.

These should be viewed as a children's movie box office numbers because most of the people going to see this are bringing their kids for the dinosaurs. I know they are not really made for small kids; but my 5 year olds love dinosaurs and I caught them watching the Lost World kill count video on YouTube and they loved it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My son is all about Camp Cretaceous. He's only 5 but I really want to show him the original Jurassic Park soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>

thanks for answering that question, hollywood
Fuck that. There'd be an episode of Joe Rogan and Cam Hanes talking about hunting them and comparing their meat to other animals.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

T-rex on the loose? Single helicopter from the local PD shooting tranqs with stormtrooper aim.

Hype indeed.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

thanks for answering that question, hollywood

Humans hunted most mega-fauna to the point of exctinction using spears. The idea that any large animal from these movies would even exist after a few months is retarded, much less they'd be actually terrorizing humans. You'd have rednecks and big game hunters chasing them down for fun in a few weeks. Jurassic Park was not in an island to protect humans from the Dinosaurs...it was there to protect the dinosaurs from us.

Trailer looks like dogshit =-/

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Humans hunted most mega-fauna to the point of exctinction using spears. The idea that any large animal from these movies would even exist after a few months is retarded, much less they'd be actually terrorizing humans. You'd have rednecks and big game hunters chasing them down for fun in a few weeks. Jurassic Park was not in an island to protect humans from the Dinosaurs...it was there to protect the dinosaurs from us.

Trailer looks like dogshit =-/

That was a different kind of Mega-fauna.

It would honestly depend on the numbers. One T-Rex would be dealt with pretty easily. There would be a lot more involved in that chase just due to the potential human carnage that could take place. That scene took place in the 80's and so coordination and the lack of internet makes the public perception a lot different and more localized. I presume they are trying to keep the event as secret as possible.

If there were a thousand Velociraptors loose, the red necks would get their asses handed to them. This game has teeth and hunts back. To put this in a different perspective, imagine this situation only with animals that would hunt you.

A fun history lesson.

Emu War - Wikipedia

Rime

<Donor>
How could it possibly be a thousand velociraptors? What escaped was what was held in the lab/mansion. At most, maybe a hundred dinosaurs of all possible species. The majority of them being smaller.

I still stand by anything larger than a medium sized dog would be hunted down and killed or relocated to some sort of 'nature' preserve. A Tyrannosaurus is big, but it does not have magical regeneration. They do not have kaiju plot armor. Several rounds from a readily available hunting rifle would deal enough damage that it would have to retreat, if not die of blood loss/infection.

Elephants have been taken down with 9mm and in several circumstances, a .22. There has not been any shlock about dinosaurs having super dense musculature or several inch thick hides, so most publicly available firearms would hurt it. Police/Survivalist could kill it. The military would vaporize it.

I will still see this, just because I love dinosaurs and so do my nieces.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rexxy is also like 30+ years old and has been through some serious shit. Wouldn't be surprised if she just keeled over from all the stress.

• 1Worf

Caliane

A thousand velociraptors would be massacred as well.
we also hunted wolves to extinction in the 1800s. you really think any dinos would be a problem with todays arms, and helocopters, planes, etc?
the US has wolves, lions, bears, and boar. you think the hunters here don't know a thing or two about game fighting back? Hell, even shit like moose, bison, elk, etc are actually super dangerous 1v1.

places dinos would be a problem. first, not the USA. places without a shit ton of guns. and places with large amounts of wilderness. amazon, etc. places that don't have winters, which large reptiles would get recked in.

Dinos are only an issue in movies, because they obey movie slasher rules. teleport around, no one has any peripheral vision, and guns only work within 20ft.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users