Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea unless something comes out that I didn't know before, I don't know why they called the dad.
not sure about this theory but I read it elsewhere

Diana Tennis ?@TennisLaw 2m
Defense likely called Tracy to prevent State calling him in rebuttal, thereby keeping argument that State cherry picked voice evidence.

If the state called Tracy during state's rebuttal, then the defense couldn't argue that the state didn't call Tracy as a scream ID witness. By the defense calling Tracy, the defense CAN argue that the state avoided calling Tracy as a scream ID witness. Not that the defense will, at this point, just a question of keeping that option open.
does this sound logical?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Cad, can you explain what is going on right now? It sounds like the Prosecution is asking for more time based on an error they found in their cross examination?
They want the testimony of the guy who said he never listened to the 911 call before 2 days ago, but then he did listen to it and he knew right off it was Zimmerman stricken from the record. They claim that in the guys deposition, he said he never listened to the tape and so he didn't know who it was on it. Nobody had him listen to it. He did listen to it and formed his opinion over the weekend. They think that prejudiced them.

Secondly, right now they're trying to get the toxicology report admitted which shows Martin was high on pot.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
not sure about this theory but I read it elsewhere

does this sound logical?
I guess, but I think putting him on the stand to do the emotional bit again was probably a lot worse than the gain from the cherry picking argument. They still could have made the cherry picking argument whether they called him or not once the cops said he told them that wasn't Trayvon.

Bows

Golden Knight of the Realm
I guess, but I think putting him on the stand to do the emotional bit again was probably a lot worse than the gain from the cherry picking argument. They still could have made the cherry picking argument whether they called him or not once the cops said he told them that wasn't Trayvon.
I still think the defense has something up their sleeves in regards to the Tracy Martin testimony, either from the Crump deposition or something similar to this article which states Tracy Martin listened to a cleaned up audio and could then identify his son.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-man-reports/2

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, judge is allowing the pot evidence in. I'm surprised.

Bows

She has to allow the tox reports. Once the ME changed his opinion that it could have affected TM's state of mind, she even stated that in 2 separate cases not allowing tox reports was a reversible error. I'm still surprised she actually allowed it.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
How come that evidence wasn't admissible to begin with? Was it argued that it wasn't relevant to the case or something? It seems like it'd be kind of important.

Bows

How come that evidence wasn't admissible to begin with? Was it argued that it wasn't relevant to the case or something? It seems like it'd be kind of important.
The judge ruled before the trial that neither side could bring up the tox reports.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
It was argued that its prejudicial effect outweighed the probative value... since the ME basically talked it up, now its probative.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Finally! Proof that marijuana makes you violent.

A victory for Zimmerman and a victory for the war on drugs.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I weed-baited Numbers right proper.

Wakandan can't ride with the big dawgs.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Finally! Proof that marijuana makes you violent.

A victory for Zimmerman and a victory for the war on drugs.
I came in expecting to see this, and you did not disappoint me sir.

These lawyers and the judge, and the ME are breaking something that goes far beyond and cuts much deeper than any "Bro code".

For shame. This suddenly has become a dark day for America.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh FFS, get over your weed white knighting. The defense only cares about winning this case and they'll do what they think gives them the best chance. This isn't going to set the cause of marijuana legislation back decades or change millions of people's minds about it.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Oh FFS, get over your weed white knighting. The defense only cares about winning this case and they'll do what they think gives them the best chance. This isn't going to set the cause of marijuana legislation back decades or change millions of people's minds about it.
I agree. Whoever said this was going to set back legislation or change millions of minds is a complete fucking retard, or the person who thought they read that somewhere is anyway.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So Martin was high on pot?
This could change a lot. Since weed has a well-known mellowing effect, it makes it that much harder to believe Martin either initiated the fight or was as aggressive as Zimmerman described. Prosecution should be all over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.