Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

iannis

Musty Nester
Maybe the all the lawyers met for drinks before the trial. They realized that this case is pretty crap and everyone is just bored as hell. So they agreed to do the old switcheroo, where the prosecution would argue the defense's case, and the defense would argue the prosecutions.

Those guys. So zany.

Or maybe this is some kind of meta-critique of the justice system itself. Deep. Courageous.

"i dont believe the detective played each call in its entirety"

Of course he didnt.. he wanted your honest opinion on who was screaming, so he played the screams.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The father did not even know his son was missing until his son had been dead long enough for the autopsy to take place.

This guy was not even aware that the man shot roughly 150 yards from his own front door was his son, it was over a day after Martin was dead before his father reported him missing.

Siliconemelons

Why did they call him... its just more and more emotion for the jury- and the way they are asking the questions- they are letting the father say "it was my son" after his statement was given "no" or "I don't know" all by the way they are asking the question. Should not have even called him up...

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Why did they call him... its just more and more emotion for the jury- and the way they are asking the questions- they are letting the father say "it was my son" after his statement was given "no" or "I don't know" all by the way they are asking the question. Should not have even called him up...
Yea unless something comes out that I didn't know before, I don't know why they called the dad.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED OVER RULED

Bows

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think 2 reasons they called him, #1 now he is calling 2 different police officers liars, or atleast somewhat contradicting their testimony, and #2 the defense asked him about a cleaned up version of the call and if he had heard a tape or anything else like that, they deposed Ben Crump last night, my guess is they already have that answer and just caught Tracy Martin in a lie.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I think 2 reasons they called him, #1 now he is calling 2 different police officers liars, or atleast somewhat contradicting their testimony, and #2 the defense asked him about a cleaned up version of the call and if he had heard a tape or anything else like that, they deposed Ben Crump last night, my guess is they already have that answer and just caught Tracy Martin in a lie.
Or Ben Crump lied...

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I wish they would stop with this "recognizing the voice" bullshit. Power of suggestion plays a much, much larger role than actually being able to discern whose screaming voice you can hear in the background of a muffled phone recording.
Are lawyers just trained to make big deals about things that don't matter at all?

Siliconemelons

Yes, but its getting that clearly conveyed to the Jury... who are all women...

All they heard was "poor dad had to hear his son die!" and not any of those other things will matter.

Siliconemelons

I wish they would stop with this "recognizing the voice" bullshit. Power of suggestion plays a much, much larger role than actually being able to discern whose screaming voice you can hear in the background of a muffled phone recording.
Are lawyers just trained to make big deals about things that don't matter at all?
Yes

Darshu_sl

shitlord
I'm predicting it now... the next witness is going to be a psychic that is going to summon the ghost of Trayvon to testify.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is the lawyer's sole purpose in life to ask questions in the most confusing way possible? "Is it your understanding that given your training that the decision was made when allowing the tape to be listened to, to the parties, that best practices allowed multiple parties to be present and based on those best practices related to your training that time in which you were still Chief of Police that you came out of retirement to take but were actually in the Sheriff's department, that the playing of the recording to the multiple parties took place in the Mayor's office in which you were in the building but not in the room? Is that correct?"

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Language matters in a court of law. If you read court decisions you can see the painstaking way in which judges write.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Is the lawyer's sole purpose in life to ask questions in the most confusing way possible? "Is it your understanding that given your training that the decision was made when allowing the tape to be listened to, to the parties, that best practices allowed multiple parties to be present and based on those best practices related to your training that time in which you were still Chief of Police that you came out of retirement to take but were actually in the Sheriff's department, that the playing of the recording to the multiple parties took place in the Mayor's office in which you were in the building but not in the room? Is that correct?"
And even if the person being asked understands the question, who's to say whether everyone in the jury can make heads or tails of questions like this? Seems pretty counter-intuitive.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow, how could the prosecution not ask the trainer guy about the mechanics of getting a gun out of a hidden waist holster while mounted???

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
And even if the person being asked understands the question, who's to say whether everyone in the jury can make heads or tails of questions like this? Seems pretty counter-intuitive.
The time to distill it down for the jury (if you were unable to do so on cross/direct) is in closing.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Cad, can you explain what is going on right now? It sounds like the Prosecution is asking for more time based on an error they found in their cross examination?

Status
Not open for further replies.