Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That was what I tried. I still got a 'please log in' page. I think the NYT has IP blocked me.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
What's "in cognito mode"? It's not an option on the page, so I assume its a browser thing. How do i make that happen in FireFox?
Right click the link and select "open link, in incognito window" I use a chrome derivitive.

All it does is block cookies bascially.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
George Zimmerman Juror Says He 'Got Away With Murder'

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...ry?id=19770659

"The only minority on the all-female jury that voted to acquit George Zimmerman said today that Zimmerman "got away with murder" for killing Trayvon Martin and feels she owes an apology Martin's parents.

Despite the prosecution's claim the Zimmerman profiled Martin because he was black, Maddy said the case was never about race to her, although she didn't want to speak for her fellow jurors.

"I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury. I fought to the end," she said.

However, on the second day of deliberations, after spending nine hours discussing the evidence, Maddy said she realized there wasn't enough proof to convict Zimmerman of murder or manslaughter under Florida law.

Zimmerman concedes he shot and killed Martin in Sanford on Feb. 26, 2012, but maintains he fired in self-defense.

"That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it," Maddy said. "But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty.""
-----
So this lady thinks any death = murder?
-----
"When asked by Roberts whether the case should have gone to trial, Maddy said, "I don't think so."

"I felt like this was a publicity stunt. This whole court service thing to me was publicity," she said."

"As much as we were trying to find this man guilty.they give you a booklet that basically tells you the truth, and the truth is that there was nothing that we could do about it," she said."I feel the verdict was already told."
-----
why doesn't the above sound logical? she shouldn't be "trying to find this man guilty" she should be looking at the facts and delivering a verdict.

If it was a jury of all minority woman jury zimmerman would have hung. not because of logic or reason but because it "felt right."

iannis

Musty Nester
So some guy goes apeshit and kills a registered sex offender and now it's, "We can't have Zimmerman justice in our new world." Left gonna left I guess.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-guest...sex-offenders/
Really kind of a problem with the sex offender registry. You're making these people targets for a different kind of criminal.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Honestly, I am. But I probably took Taxi Driver a little too seriously.

Not that I have a better solution. Parents do have a right to know.

Edit: I think the translation you're lacking there is that she didn't really think he WAS guilty until she was no longer sequestered and realized what a complete shitstorm Al Sharpton was making against it. I'm sure she's been confronted with her race traitorism non-stop since. Basically, peer pressure -- and a good reason to sequester juries. I mean she "fought to the end" (an entire day and a half), and she would have made the right choice but whitey tricked her.

They basically beat down a woman who is probably fundamentally decent. And they have a really hard time admitting that's what their system is set up to do now.

Papashlapa

Lord Nagafen Raider
Minimum wage laws are the classic example of the unintended consequences of laws meant to help people. If there's one thing economists know how to do, it's create a surplus. It's the simplest thing in the world. Just set a floor on prices above the prevailing market price and you'll have a surplus. The reverse is true for a shortage. Simply set a ceiling on prices below the prevailing market price and you'll have a shortage. A perfect example of that would be rent control laws creating massive shortages of housing in places like New York City and San Francisco.

The first thing you need to realize about wage rates is they're tied to productivity. If you produce x dollars in productivity, you'll end up being paid somewhere close to that amount in wage. The more productive you are, the more you have the potential to earn. This is also why American workers make significantly more in wages than Chinese workers. They're more productive due to their better education, better training, and higher level of capital equipment per worker. Employers aren't perfect, they're human, so there will always be cases where the wage the worker is paid is significantly below (or above) what the worker should be paid, but that situation will sort itself out either through underpaid workers finding other jobs where they're paid more, or the business taking a loss from that worker for overpaying him (which means the employer bears the cost of his own mistake). If you set the minimum wage at $10/hour for example, it will have very clear effects on the labour market. Firstly, any worker currently paid less than $10/hour but whose productivity warrants at least that level will be better off. Secondly, any worker whose productivity makes it uneconomical to hire him at $10/hour will simply remain unemployed, or at the very least he may be employed, but the "extra" money he's being paid will come at the cost of either lower wages for other workers (i.e. a worker at $12/hour may only make $10/hour in order for the worker worth $8/hour to make $10/hour) or an increase in prices for that firm to compensate for their more inefficient work force.

This creates a number of terrible side effects. Firstly, very large companies can much more easily afford to be inefficient with their labour costs than small firms, so this forces marginally productive, smaller firms out of business, making the entire industry less competitive with a smaller number of firms, which are each larger. Secondly, it removes the avenue of advancement for low skilled, uneducated, unproductive workers. Very few people work low-paying jobs for extended periods of time. They generally start out stocking shelves or working as a cashier or whatever, but as they get more skills they get pay raises, even promotions, and move up the ladder, being replaced by a new batch of young, unskilled workers. An interesting fact about Wal-Mart, which gets a ton of hate, is that it's one of the companies with the highest percentage of its managers who started out as entry-level workers. They promote from within almost exclusively. Thirdly, because this creates a glut of unemployed, low skilled workers, it drags down the wages of people who are above, but still near, the minimum wage rate, meaning people who before may have been paid $12/hour will now be paid closer to $10/hour as the massive competition for $10/hour jobs drags down the wages of the jobs above that level.

It's an unfortunate fact that young, black workers make up a disproportionate fraction of the unskilled workforce, but the question is why? And how do we help them become more productive, better workers. The answer can't possibly be to remove the only avenue of advancement left to them in the workforce. Poor, inner city people are screwed 3 times. First, we provide them with terrible government run schools where they receive an awful education. Then, when they come out of school with no marketable skills, we remove the first rungs of the ladder so they can't gain skills in the workplace. Then, thirdly, we fight the bullshit War on Drugs, so when the only option they feel they have left to make any real money is in the black market, in the drug trade, we throw them in prison for it. Is it any wonder rates of black male incarceration are so high? We've created an entire monstrosity of a system funneling people in that direction.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Soooo ... Trayvon was a sex offender?

Why wasn't this evidence brought to trial?

Merlin_sl

shitlord
It's an unfortunate fact that young, black workers make up a disproportionate fraction of the unskilled workforce, but the question is why? And how do we help them become more productive, better workers. The answer can't possibly be to remove the only avenue of advancement left to them in the workforce. Poor, inner city people are screwed 3 times. First, we provide them with terrible government run schools where they receive an awful education. Then, when they come out of school with no marketable skills, we remove the first rungs of the ladder so they can't gain skills in the workplace. Then, thirdly, we fight the bullshit War on Drugs, so when the only option they feel they have left to make any real money is in the black market, in the drug trade, we throw them in prison for it. Is it any wonder rates of black male incarceration are so high? We've created an entire monstrosity of a system funneling people in that direction.
Why isn't anyone asking what the black population can do for themselves? Why is it our (white people) responsibility to care for African Americans like they are some puppy we just got from the pound? They are adults and the decisions they make affect their lives. An education isn't some giant secret white people are hiding and hording for themselves. The black population CHOOSES to follow a path that negatively affects their futures. The majority of the black population CHOOSES to chase the thug life, pro basketball or pro football. Very few make the smart decision to get an education. There must be hundreds of programs designed to assist them with financial aid, scholarships, and any assistance they might need. How many choose that? Because it's not cool, it's not hip and they can't drive a "Benz". This isn't the fault of white people. We cannot force young black men and women to choose an education we can simply provide them the means to do so. And we have spending hundreds of billions doing just that. Until they choose to change their culture and accept responsibility for their own decisions and stop scream RACISM and playing the victim, they will continue to fail.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We have to take care of the blacks because they finally got their black president and he was a white guy in disguise.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
George Zimmerman Juror Says He 'Got Away With Murder'

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...ry?id=19770659

"The only minority on the all-female jury that voted to acquit George Zimmerman said today that Zimmerman "got away with murder" for killing Trayvon Martin and feels she owes an apology Martin's parents.

Despite the prosecution's claim the Zimmerman profiled Martin because he was black, Maddy said the case was never about race to her, although she didn't want to speak for her fellow jurors.

"I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury. I fought to the end," she said.

However, on the second day of deliberations, after spending nine hours discussing the evidence, Maddy said she realized there wasn't enough proof to convict Zimmerman of murder or manslaughter under Florida law.

Zimmerman concedes he shot and killed Martin in Sanford on Feb. 26, 2012, but maintains he fired in self-defense.

"That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it," Maddy said. "But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty.""
-----
So this lady thinks any death = murder?
-----
"When asked by Roberts whether the case should have gone to trial, Maddy said, "I don't think so."

"I felt like this was a publicity stunt. This whole court service thing to me was publicity," she said."

"As much as we were trying to find this man guilty.they give you a booklet that basically tells you the truth, and the truth is that there was nothing that we could do about it," she said."I feel the verdict was already told."
-----
why doesn't the above sound logical? she shouldn't be "trying to find this man guilty" she should be looking at the facts and delivering a verdict.

If it was a jury of all minority woman jury zimmerman would have hung. not because of logic or reason but because it "felt right."
Jury of your peers. Unfortunately, peers means an "average" person. And average people are retarded. They don't understand the law, they don't understand why they're there.

That's why I think a good lawyer is someone who knows people and can appeal to their senses. A lawyer who knows the law is great, but if they suck at reading people, they're not going to be as successful.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
IMO its racism to enable black people in general to live and act like leeches just because you feel guilty somebody might have done something mean to them at some pojnt in history.

oh and i dont blame those jurors at all for pretending they though GZ was guilty but were forced by florida law to acquit him. shit i would do the same thing if it prevented a mob of blackies from burning my house down.

Fedor

<Banned>
Juror B-29:Originally from Chicago, she's been married for 10 years. The woman - who is either black or Hispanic and is the only juror who isn't white, according to prosecutors - has eight kids, one of them older than 18. This is her first time serving on a jury. The woman has been at her current job for three months, and when asked by prosecutor Bernie De La Rionda during jury selection if she belonged to any organization, she said "my house is my organization," eliciting laughter and understanding from the courtroom.

She was supposedly the juror who was tearing up during Costner's closing rebuttal.

36 with 8 kids and one of them older than 18.

john-guy-with-dummy.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I think getting these black kids out of the thug mindset has to start with the education system. You gotta get them excited about something that isn't gang, rap, or drug dealing related. If you can get these kids into D&D and RPGs at an early age, then I think you're all set.

I'm half serious here.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Now think how insane it would sound if you ran a platform of helping black people by eliminating minimum wage and ending affirmative action and getting rid of black history month. seriously think of how fucked up of a trap that would be to disarm, I don't think there is an eloquent man alive that could survive the political theatre and deliver that message to the populace and it has an affect. you'd have to package the with something else big,like 40 acres and a mule.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You could toss in slavery reparations. Free one way tickets to Africa, where they will be welcomed with open arms by their estranged brothers and sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.