Justice League (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They've started allowing social media responses and for the most part they're mixed; not great, not terrible, you can tell they're trying to make things more upbeat, etc. Flash and Aquaman are the break outs, villain and Cyborg are weak.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
General consensuses seems to be that it's fun but flawed which means they've probably gone full Marvel. Which I guess is a good thing, at least those movies are fun.

Royal

Going "full Marvel" with Snyder's visual style would be a mistake. Ragnarok did have a sequence (Valkyrie's flashback) that was very Snyderesque but it did it in a serious moment for that movie. Trying to blend that in from start to finish and not have it feel like a mismatch would be an almost impossible task.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Going "full Marvel" with Snyder's visual style would be a mistake. Ragnarok did have a sequence (Valkyrie's flashback) that was very Snyderesque but it did it in a serious moment for that movie. Trying to blend that in from start to finish and not have it feel like a mismatch would be an almost impossible task.

And that specific scene in Thor (the valkyrie right?) was fucking AWESOME.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'd have preferred they'd gone with the darker tone tbh. I really can't stand Marvel movies any more, and it looks like Justice League is a worse version of an already terrible movie style.

Pass.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
they are desperately trying to crack the Marvel formula and just end up halfassing it.

i want my dark Nolan Batman movies back.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

That Nolan style works well for a character like Batman but not so much for characters like Wonder Woman and Superman (or their take on Flash). That's part of the reason the Wonder Woman movie was so well received. It was the first to fully depart from it. Trying to figure out the tones for the individual characters and what sort of balance they need to strike when they're all together is probably part of the reason they've pulled back from so much of the planned slate.

Last edited:

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'd have preferred they'd gone with the darker tone tbh. I really can't stand Marvel movies any more, and it looks like Justice League is a worse version of an already terrible movie style.

Pass.
This.
DC's style is not marvel's. So why copying it?
And i think it fits well

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
fun but flawed, is an upgrade from fun but trainwreck, of suicide squad.

• 1Barf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
fun but flawed, is an upgrade from fun but trainwreck, of suicide squad.

I couldn't even give SS that. I tried my damn hardest to like it too. I ignored all the feedback considering I like some shitty movies at times. I watched it at home so it didn't cost me a penny. Wasn't going to compare to Marvel and didn't expect the characters to be perfect or great representations. Just needed some lazy day off popcorn entertainment...and it really didn't do enough. This is from someone who enjoyed BvS even with Jesse's terrible Lex.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah SS was one of the only movies I put on but never finished. Just couldn't be bothered... And this was after I knew it was going to be terrible so I had no expectations other than a time waster and I was still disappointed

Royal

Yeah it's almost mind boggling that movie made as much money as it did. It really is indicative of the floor that DC movies have, at least at present.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Justice league was just a mistake from Day 1.
That Nolan style works well for a character like Batman but not so much for characters like Wonder Woman and Superman (or their take on Flash). That's part of the reason the Wonder Woman movie was so well received. It was the first to fully depart from it. Trying to figure out the tones for the individual characters and what sort of balance they need to strike when they're all together is probably part of the reason they've pulled back from so much of the planned slate.

Thats true, which is why trying to combine them into an ensemble movie like Justice League to copy the Avengers success is a bad idea.

I dont mind if they combine all other DC heroes in various movies like Superman, WW, Aquaman, Flash, GL, etc. - all those heroes have actual super powers and they have a different aesthetic, different scope than Batman, etc.. Having Batman constantly fight alongside them (or against them) while wearing these hulking armor suits, or being covered head to toe in plot armor is just really bad storytelling and moviemaking.

I'd rather if they just separated the Batman franchise away from the overall DC franchise and just let it live on its own. But I guess having superhero mashups like BvS making hundreds of millions of dollars less than standalone Batman movies is what WB really wants :rolleyes:

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Then Batman goes back to his own movie and struggles against street level thugs.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Then Batman goes back to his own movie and struggles against street level thugs.

Batman takes on Darkseid on monday. On thursday he is running away from a dozen GCPD cops. its idiotic. Batman doesnt belong in the extended DC universe with guys like Superman, Darkseid, Wonder Woman, etc.

• 1Solidarity

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Comic book characters all started out in their own universe.

Flash doesn't share the same universe with Batman. Wonderwoman doesn't share the same universe with Superman. Iron Man doesn't share the same universe with the Hulk or Ant Man. Alien doesn't share the same universe with Predator. Etc..

It was a money-making gimmick of fuck reasons, make $$ to mix them into the same universe in the comics. It's the same thing for movies now. If it keeps making money on the big screen, they'll eventually go down all those rabbit holes the comics went down as well. DC vs. Marvel vs. the Terminator vs. Ren & Stimpy vs. Godzilla

n196n2fwy12j9eba8ncb.jpg

ijkczrzbsmq0v2ntjpfl.jpg

punisher-mee751d5b1c0.JPG

• 1Picard

Sevens

Log Wizard
DCs problems arent the "tone" of the movie, I think having Marvel as the Upbeat fun movies and DC as the darker gritty movies would be the best case scenario.
The problem they have is Zach Snyder, he may have a great eye for visuals ( if you like 90% of the movie in slo-mo) but the dude cant tell a story to save his life. Whoever decided to give him the keys to completely map out the course of the DCEU should be shot.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Comic book characters all started out in their own universe.

Flash doesn't share the same universe with Batman. Wonderwoman doesn't share the same universe with Superman. Iron Man doesn't share the same universe with the Hulk or Ant Man. Alien doesn't share the same universe with Predator. Etc..

It was a money-making gimmick of fuck reasons, make $$ to mix them into the same universe in the comics. It's the same thing for movies now. If it keeps making money on the big screen, they'll eventually go down all those rabbit holes the comics went down as well. DC vs. Marvel vs. the Terminator vs. Ren & Stimpy vs. Godzilla

Dear God, and baby Jesus,

Give us a foursome with Wonder Woman, Betty, Veronica, and Cheryl Blossom.

Love,
The Internet

spronk

FPS noob
da fuq is this shit Rotten Tomato's won't put out the score for justice league today when the embargo has lifted, instead they are going to hold it hostage for 2 more days and reveal it on a live stream. FUCK YOU Rotten Tomato, FUCK YOU

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users