Justice League (2017)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried watching the web rip and it was terrible, CGI was distracting as hell. Thank god I wasnt stuck in a theatre having to sit through it for the entire film

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
just rewatched this. its even more fucking awful on repeated viewings

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just watched this for the first time, and a lot of you people are drama queens. It had its flaws, but it's not nearly as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

The power discrepancy between Superman and everyone else is pretty bizarre, though. They have to go out of their way to make a convoluted reason, like him being dead, on why Superman can't just solo whatever baddie they're up against or have the villain be so powerful that everyone but Superman is worthless.

Last edited:

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maaaaaajor problem with DC. Superman -is- god. You can artificially pump up any other character via story and shennanigans, but at the end of the day Superman is the biggest and the best, by a massive margin.

And it isn't like it was written badly that he is so powerful; the overwhelming majority of DC characters (especially those in the related Justice League) are powerful.... compared to normal humans. Superman is powerful compared to everyone. Even Darkseid. Darkseid is powerful compared to normal people, and he's only "a little strong" compared to Superman. That's why standard earth-tier heroes like the Justice league are always insanely outclassed. It makes for super boring writing, though, and that's why all sorts of weird shit happens in the Justice League cartoons, but when it comes to a straight "Who is the most powerful?" The answer is Superman, his villains get asterisks for specific times/events/places where they might be considered stronger, and then there's literally the rest of the JL and DC universe below that.

Least interesting comic book character.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's not true. Wonder Woman's not too far below Superman in the comics, while being a superior fighter, and Martian Manhunter is about on par with him

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
All the animated DC stuff is awesome (save exceptions, like the Doomsday animated film that was complete garbage).

They could have literally duplicated the Justice League animated movie and blown it out of the park. In fact, if they just did a screening of that film in the theater, I'd go watch it again.
I dunno about that...

• 1Barf

Xerge

<Donor>
Maaaaaajor problem with DC. Superman -is- god. You can artificially pump up any other character via story and shennanigans, but at the end of the day Superman is the biggest and the best, by a massive margin.

And it isn't like it was written badly that he is so powerful; the overwhelming majority of DC characters (especially those in the related Justice League) are powerful.... compared to normal humans. Superman is powerful compared to everyone. Even Darkseid. Darkseid is powerful compared to normal people, and he's only "a little strong" compared to Superman. That's why standard earth-tier heroes like the Justice league are always insanely outclassed. It makes for super boring writing, though, and that's why all sorts of weird shit happens in the Justice League cartoons, but when it comes to a straight "Who is the most powerful?" The answer is Superman, his villains get asterisks for specific times/events/places where they might be considered stronger, and then there's literally the rest of the JL and DC universe below that.

Least interesting comic book character.

DCEU needs to power up the flash a lot more. An experienced Barry Allan would give supes a run for his money. They're both gods but of different power sets. Superman has had the spot light for long enough. Don't need super strength if you can vibrate your hand through someone's heart, or run back in time and create time remnants of yourself so you can, in fact, be two places at once. Plus to the Reverse Flash superman has been dead for centuries.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah there is an hdrip out that has Korean subs that is good quality.
I just watched it, the video is fine but the audio is complete garbage, cuts out constantly. It really does ruin it, i recommend waiting for a better quality unless you're desperate.

Movie was ok, bit heavy handed with the cgi and some of the cheesy one-liners i felt really didnt work, but other than that it was a serviceable movie

Siliconemelons

Just got around to seeing WW and thought it was good- suppose I need to watch the new Super and bat v super before this one eh

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah MoS I actually like but I can see how longtime Supes fans have issues with the portrayal of the character in it and I benefit from not being one of those. Either way I would definitely take that one in before watching the wheels completely fly off in BvS.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Superman and Batman have been written and drawn by hundreds of people, so of course there will be dud stories or poor interpretations. I consider myself a BIG fan of both and I don't know where that Harlequinn fart scene was from. Just to get it out of the way, I am a DC fanboy that is not in any way prevented from enjoying Marvel heroes ( 90s X-Men and Spiderman cartoons for lllyyyyyfee boyeee ), but I would rather talk about Superman and Batman in these new films versus their own potential than compare these iterations to the much more well-thought out Marvel films.

The primary issue with the this JL movie, BvS and Man of Steel is that of so many timelines and stories the studio could pick from they select lame plots and then try to machine them into cool ones, and they are not capable enough artists to do that.

Wonderwoman and Bruce Wayne trying to hack ZuckerLex? An icecream scoop of weird dreamlike visions of a future where Superman is evil as fuck and has bug demons? Batman murdering the fuck out of everything in his path but his mother's name is spoken so he calms down? Innocent civilians, journalists and a senator on Superman's side get killed in a terrorist bombing, during a conference to make people trust Superman, and he looks over the dead and wounded, and FLIES AWAY?

Here is a clip from a 2004-2006 kids cartoon, it's Superman fighting a villain that can deal damage in return. This Superman cares about people and is talking to the league to rescue civilians from a volcano that is gonna blow up the entire island's city. A bio-engineered clone soldier of Superman is trying to kill him at the same time and gasp, it can speak while making sense n shit.

It's a damn shame the apple has rolled so far from the tree.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Why can't the females get their tops ripped off to indicate damage taken like the men, sexism at its finest...

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The next contestant jumping into the sink or swim role for WB overseeing the DC films: Walter Hamada. I guess this is supposed to be a promotion for his time running New Line and getting an unexpected runaway hit with It.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Watching this now. Did no one else get the irony of Miles Dyson being the father of Cyborg?

EDIT: Honestly, this wasn't that bad. I'd give it a 3/5. Granted, much like Wonder Woman, I will most likely never watch this again...at least, not any time soon.

Last edited:

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Superman and Batman have been written and drawn by hundreds of people, so of course there will be dud stories or poor interpretations. I consider myself a BIG fan of both and I don't know where that Harlequinn fart scene was from. Just to get it out of the way, I am a DC fanboy that is not in any way prevented from enjoying Marvel heroes ( 90s X-Men and Spiderman cartoons for lllyyyyyfee boyeee ), but I would rather talk about Superman and Batman in these new films versus their own potential than compare these iterations to the much more well-thought out Marvel films.

The primary issue with the this JL movie, BvS and Man of Steel is that of so many timelines and stories the studio could pick from they select lame plots and then try to machine them into cool ones, and they are not capable enough artists to do that.

Wonderwoman and Bruce Wayne trying to hack ZuckerLex? An icecream scoop of weird dreamlike visions of a future where Superman is evil as fuck and has bug demons? Batman murdering the fuck out of everything in his path but his mother's name is spoken so he calms down? Innocent civilians, journalists and a senator on Superman's side get killed in a terrorist bombing, during a conference to make people trust Superman, and he looks over the dead and wounded, and FLIES AWAY?

Here is a clip from a 2004-2006 kids cartoon, it's Superman fighting a villain that can deal damage in return. This Superman cares about people and is talking to the league to rescue civilians from a volcano that is gonna blow up the entire island's city. A bio-engineered clone soldier of Superman is trying to kill him at the same time and gasp, it can speak while making sense n shit.

It's a damn shame the apple has rolled so far from the tree.

Yup, it's pretty damn sad because I subjectively think the DC heroes are more interesting the Marvel heroes. (Though I too love old Spider-man and X-men).

Cartoons and comics have portrayed Superman so much better than the movies have.

Superman vs the Elite is one of the best movies I've seen. It shows perfectly how flawed a perfect super hero can be, and I'm so disappointed they never add an interesting villain for Superman to fight in the live action movies.

• 1Picard