Justice League (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
With regards to Batman, I can justify his use of guns. He's not fighting the penguin or the joker. He's fighting fucking doomsday, parademons, and gods from other planets. It's a whole new game. He knows he's outmatched physically. He's just a human.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think that the "Batman has no superpowers, he is just rich" meme has ruined the character and it was a mistake for them to play into it in Justice League. Dark Knight was an anomaly, the films before and after it were jokes because the character is a joke.

DCEU characters don't really have a hero's journey, there's no struggle. They are just born rich or super... I bet Cyborg and Flash weren't but where is their story?

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I guess I was ok with Bats using a gun. I'm just not feeling the struggle for him to transition into working on a team. It could have been a good arc for him but they kinda ignore it.

Superman's power level was always ridiculous and that's his biggest flaw. It's worse when he just completely outclasses everyone. That's why I'd rather see WW closer to him in raw power, and on par with him in humanity and empathy for people. Contrasted to Batman's vigilante style. Bats should be far more intelligent and intuitive... they should all be trying to figure out what the fuck Batman is doing because he's a step ahead and a loner. Flash is ok to be the fish out of water learning his powers. Same with Cyborg. They have a lot of potential still. Aquaman... I don't know, he's just goofy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The biggest flaw I see with these movies is they beloved characters all of which have had their stories told in comics and cartoons that we have grown up with.

In the case of the Marvel movies you get those same beloved characters with their personality quirks and flaws. Robert Downey Jr is Iron Man, Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool. It feels natural watching these characters because they fit.

Then you have the morons filming the D.C. shit and they feel they can do it better they wanna put their own spin on it leave their mark. So you have Superman killing people, Batman just being a rich dipshit with a gun, and if you saw what they did to Joker it's tragic.

Do any of the actors playing the DC heros feel like the character?

Also this movie suffered badly from pacing issues which happens way to often when they try and jam in to much shit. They had to try and introduce 3 main characters with a glossed over background and shit. Revive superman make him stupid and then bring him back to normal in 10 seconds. Then have him outclass these clowns.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't know how much of it is casting, per se... i think anyone of the dc characters could be synonymous with their actor (aquaman is a big one here) but the direction is so... awful. i said it when BvS came out but batfleck is a PERFECT thomas wayne batman. absolutely perfect. unfortunately bruce wayne and thomas wayne are two very different batmans. i think gal gadot does pretty well in the action sequences... she has a great game face, like she's EXCITED to beat on some giant monsters. which fits wonder woman perfect. but outside of fight sequences she just... is kinda there. henry cavil LOOKS like superman. he's got a great physique and chiseled jaw. but the CHARACTER behind him is... just... empty...

with marvel, even the silly easter eggs with captain america making public service announcements for school... you can tell he BELIEVES everything he's saying. i'm not saying chris evans is a better actor than anyone in the DCEU, but his character is just so much more believable because his motives are internally congruent. sure, the DCEU might LOOK better in certain aspects because they are leaning so heavily on the nolanverse ambiance... avengers is all bright and vibrant colors but the end of the movie shows civilians bloody, broken... yeah, the avengers saved the day but at what cost? that has been one of the main themes of the MCU and it makes a huge difference.

and that's the crux of the matter... all the DCEU characters are vapid.

cap stands up and says that you fight the good fight not because you can win, but because it's the right thing to do. thor comes around and says that you fight monsters and villians not for personal glory, but because if you don't, those monsters will kill innocents. he fights for the 9 realms for PEACE. even ant-man says you fight to be better than what others say you are. i mean, these are all pretty lofty ideals. the justice league on the other hand? i only watched it once but i couldn't get behind any of the characters.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
They rarely bother making a fucking movie. They just throw heroes on screen, halfass some back story, and they fight shit. Wonder Woman basically cut and paste Captain America The First Avenger and it was their best movie by far since the Chris Nolan Batman movies. I get it that they are doing catch up I guess, but man it's so bad. So so bad.
The movies suck if they don't make me care about the characters.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They rarely bother making a fucking movie. They just throw heroes on screen, halfass some back story, and they fight shit. Wonder Woman basically cut and paste Captain America The First Avenger and it was their best movie by far since the Chris Nolan Batman movies. I get it that they are doing catch up I guess, but man it's so bad. So so bad.
The movies suck if they don't make me care about the characters.

That's the thing though you already care about the characters you already have a certain expectation of how Superman will be a boyscout, you expect Batman to be one step ahead of everyone mentally, you expect aquaman to do nothing because aquaman sucks shit. So when you see these beloved characters on screen acting completely different, flat, and valid. You can't help but dislike it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
DCEU characters don't really have a hero's journey, there's no struggle. They are just born rich or super... I bet Cyborg and Flash weren't but where is their story?
lol Cyborg is worse, he's a fucking butler.

Justice leage:"OH SHIT!!! Darksied is doing shit, everyone go!!!, Cyborg you stay behind and mind the base!!!"

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Henry-Cavill-as-Superman-With-A-Mustache-1200x520.jpg

Holy crap, Supes was a Viltrumite all along!

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Well, to be fair, it does line up with the current state of most DCEU movies...

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You pathetic retards don't actually know a fucking thing about comic books, holy fuck.

• 1Worf

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
the failed comedian story was dumb, so fuck taking that. Might as well say we need female thor because its been part of the comics

• 2Picard

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
the failed comedian story was dumb, so fuck taking that. Might as well say we need female thor because its been part of the comics

Yes, a universally praised story is the exact same thing as a character ruined by SJW nonsense.

Impeccable logic.

• 1Worf

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can have a great comic with also having flaws. The dark knight was great but there was some terrible shit in that movie.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can have a great comic with also having flaws. The dark knight was great but there was some terrible shit in that movie.

The Dark Knight was pretty much just terrible shit start to finish propped up by a peerless performance from Ledger. The failed comedian origin for Joker works great in The Killing Joke because of the one bad day monologue, the essence of which has become a fairly integral part of his character ever since. Don't need to have some silly fell into a vat of chemicals origin, you can just have some relatively mundane profession and one bad day can start you down the road to becoming one of the most horrific and evil villains to ever exist.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The Dark Knight was pretty much just terrible shit start to finish propped up by a peerless performance from Ledger. The failed comedian origin for Joker works great in The Killing Joke because of the one bad day monologue, the essence of which has become a fairly integral part of his character ever since. Don't need to have some silly fell into a vat of chemicals origin, you can just have some relatively mundane profession and one bad day can start you down the road to becoming one of the most horrific and evil villains to ever exist.

MV5BYjcxMzM3OWMtNmM3Yy00YzBkLTkxMmQtMDk4MmM3Y2Y4MDliL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SX178_AL_.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I dislike the vat, I especially dislike the vat as a means for Harley's story.